4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Raising Rev Limiter E-Manage Ultimate HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 09:23 PM

Raising Rev Limiter E-Manage Ultimate HELP!!!

Hey

So, I just finished tunning my car well enough so it doesnt chug gas and well enough for WOT conditions (still needs some tunning in some spots).

Now im having some issues with passing the rev limit. I have done some runs and figured out my rev limit. I then went 50 rpms lower then that and ramped up the pw duration of the injectors. This worked for a couple of runs but with a second delay struggle before it passed the rev limiter.

In any case eventually i smoothed it out and it was all good with a very small delay in first and hardly anything in second. Then after more messing around and playing around with the EU i couldn't pass the limiter. I tried at different rpms with no luck.

On a side note I did rev the car in neutral and that went through the rev limiter like it wasn't there. When i tried that in first gear it was a no go.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
Old 07-10-2009, 11:12 PM

the reason why it went past the rev limit in neutral is basically because there is no load on the engine....so when it does have a load it won't pass.

the way the EU increases rev limit can be very touchy. i wouldn't say your missing something but just keep playing with it. make VERY minor touches to it here and there and you will be fine. i had the same struggles as i was trying to get it to run smoothly past the fuel cut.

if i can remember correctly what i did was ramp up fuel a few pw at 6450 then increased alot at 6500 and i think it was smooth. but i would have to look over my recorded runs. but try something like that....ramp it up a little sooner. good luck!
Old 07-11-2009, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by OC_Nooby

In any case eventually i smoothed it out and it was all good with a very small delay in first and hardly anything in second. Then after more messing around and playing around with the EU i couldn't pass the limiter. I tried at different rpms with no luck.

I know i had that same problem when i did my rev limiter. I would be able to pass it a couple of times then it woulnt do it after that. I put in the a32 tps and it worked. For some reason i think the a32 doesnt care to much for the a33 tps. but if you still have the a32 tps in then disregard my suggestion.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:51 PM

Have the A32 TPS, Ill start ramping at 6450 by adding some fuel, then adding more fuel at 6500 rpm. Ill play around with that. Though something tells me when I get the lighter flywheel it will be a different story as it isnt going to be as hard for the motor to rev.

Thank you both for the tips.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:30 PM

out of curiousity what are your mods and what is your m/s adjustment to get past the fuel cut?

i can get by no problem in any gear,...i was using 10.8 right at 6500, no ramping or anything....last night i tried messing with it somemore to make it smoother and lean it out as much as possible. i was able to get by at 10.5 so thats what its set at now. any lower than that and i can get by in first and second, but not in 3rd.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:46 PM

My injectors show an input of 1.1ms at rev limit. I put 10.6 at first and it passed the rev limit but with a noticable stuble. I then lowered it around 9.5 and the stumble went away but second gear could not make it.

I have to keep playing with it.