4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Need Camber ... Any Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 08:09 PM

Need Camber ... Any Ideas

Note: for those who dont believe in modifying you might want to stop right here or if you do read please keep your opinions to yourself.

I have decided to keep my Maxima and take it to another level. I decided to go extreme and so I got a set of wheels that need work to fit. At this point rolling of the fenders has been done (I dont want to pull them) and tire stretching has been made. I have Ksport V2s on the car and with appox.-3 degrees camber I was able to clear the front with no rubbing and full turning radius. Better than what I had expected.

Now for the problem. I need to get negative camber in the rear but it doesnt seem possible with the lack of independent suspension. Is there anyway of getting negitive camber?

Id rather not give spec of the setup or put up pics till its all done but the rear needs to clear ethier 19x10 +25 or 18x10 +25.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Turbo 4th Gen

Originally Posted by Stretch21
Note: for those who dont believe in modifying you might want to stop right here or if you do read please keep your opinions to yourself.

I have decided to keep my Maxima and take it to another level. I decided to go extreme and so I got a set of wheels that need work to fit. At this point rolling of the fenders has been done (I dont want to pull them) and tire stretching has been made. I have Ksport V2s on the car and with appox.-3 degrees camber I was able to clear the front with no rubbing and full turning radius. Better than what I had expected.

Now for the problem. I need to get negative camber in the rear but it doesnt seem possible with the lack of independent suspension. Is there anyway of getting negitive camber?

Id rather not give spec of the setup or put up pics till its all done but the rear needs to clear ethier 19x10 +25 or 18x10 +25.
Most likley your gonna have to either get smaller spacers or get a smaller profile tire to stretch it some more if possible. I hate my suspension right now too because I have nex coilovers and they don't have camber plates and my front tires camber in A LOT but I guess its the joys of having a maxima
Old 01-11-2010, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by 93altima
Most likley your gonna have to either get smaller spacers or get a smaller profile tire to stretch it some more if possible. I hate my suspension right now too because I have nex coilovers and they don't have camber plates and my front tires camber in A LOT but I guess its the joys of having a maxima
How do the Nex coilovers ride? That was one of my options and I was wondering if I made the right choice.

I have camber plates in the front and am riding -3 camber for fitment. I want to get the same camber in the rear. I am not running a spacer. I must get the camber or I wont be able to get this car to ever fit a sick wheel and have serious stance.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:12 PM

Well... if you really want to take it to the "extreme" level of modding, you could bend the rear beam to achieve the negative camber. You can get the info from the Advanced Suspensions subforum.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:19 AM

^^^thats what i was thinkin, but why mess up you suspension just to get camber? negotive does not = hellaflush, that tread is getting rediculous, it should be called hellacamber the way most of those cars look.

but either way if you figure out the "fitment" issue, post pic cause i would like to see this...
Old 01-12-2010, 10:27 AM

Simple

1) Convert rear to independent suspension

Saw off solid rear beam or do what this kid did

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4581867&page=1

Hellaflush man!
Old 01-12-2010, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by IHAVEA2KMAXIMA
Well... if you really want to take it to the "extreme" level of modding, you could bend the rear beam to achieve the negative camber. You can get the info from the Advanced Suspensions subforum.
LOL I considered it!

Originally Posted by MaxiNone
^^^thats what i was thinkin, but why mess up you suspension just to get camber? negotive does not = hellaflush, that tread is getting rediculous, it should be called hellacamber the way most of those cars look. but either way if you figure out the "fitment" issue, post pic cause i would like to see this...
Yeah I dont want to distroy the car for this. The car hardly gets used anymore bc I put a lien on another car on thats now the shop wh*re so I want it to look sick and just sit in the front. In the past I disagreed with HellaFlush and camber as well but I have my serious performance cars and have to admit the HellaFlush cars look good and I really want one now.

I will post pics when its done.

Originally Posted by [s3]
Simple

1) Convert rear to independent suspension

Saw off solid rear beam or do what this kid did

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4581867&page=1

Hellaflush man!

LOL thats toooooo extreme! I got the wheels on now, but I cant lower it to the tire without hitting the rim when going over bumps!
Old 01-12-2010, 04:40 PM

is there any aftermarket stuff out there that can be used for the back end..other than shims or something..
Old 01-12-2010, 04:46 PM

new camber plates,coils?
Old 02-27-2010, 03:01 PM

any updates on this, interested in seeing the end result...