4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Need some help with appearance mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2001, 08:25 AM

Need some help with appearance mods

How's it going? I just got out of my 1995 Trans Am and am about to buy a black 95 SE. I am no longer interested in speed, just looks. I was hoping that everyone could give me a couple of suggestions for the new ride. I would like to get some nice 17's, clear corners, and upgrade the factory lighting as well as add foglamps. Where is the best place to buy replacement clears for the front bumper? Also, what are the best foglamps to buy and what EXACT lightbulb does everyone use for the headlights? I would like it to have a blue tint, but nothing illegal. I would hate to get pulled over b/c of my headlights. Finally, these cars have the BOSE stereo system correct? If so, does it have a factory amplifier? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rob
Old 12-09-2001, 08:30 AM

Re: Need some help with appearance mods

Originally posted by Rino1313
How's it going? I just got out of my 1995 Trans Am and am about to buy a black 95 SE. I am no longer interested in speed, just looks. I was hoping that everyone could give me a couple of suggestions for the new ride. I would like to get some nice 17's, clear corners, and upgrade the factory lighting as well as add foglamps. Where is the best place to buy replacement clears for the front bumper? Also, what are the best foglamps to buy and what EXACT lightbulb does everyone use for the headlights? I would like it to have a blue tint, but nothing illegal. I would hate to get pulled over b/c of my headlights. Finally, these cars have the BOSE stereo system correct? If so, does it have a factory amplifier? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rob
Please refer to the sticky items and the FAQs for this information. Your very same questions have been asked hundreds of times on the board and were stickied so they would not have to constantly be re-answered. There is also a search function if you can't find the info you want in the stickies. This is not intended as a flame and welcome to the org.........
Old 12-09-2001, 08:37 AM

Re: Need some help with appearance mods

Originally posted by Rino1313
Thanks,
Rob

If you are going for looks, the Stillen or another body kit is a must, along with a drop(this is Tokico's with H&Rs). The rims are 17". You can get a HID conversion kit for less than 500 bucks, and they are WAY better than any halogen bulb for looks. Tint is a must. Clear turns with the amber taken out of the tails are also a staple of any Maxima. Foglights are standard on hte SE models, and can be added onto all the GLE models and everythine except for the most base model Maxima. Anything else you may want to do can be found somewhere on this board.
Old 12-09-2001, 09:09 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Ohh....

Originally posted by medicsonic

If you are going for looks, the Stillen or another body kit is a must, along with a drop(this is Tokico's with H&Rs). The rims are 17". You can get a HID conversion kit for less than 500 bucks, and they are WAY better than any halogen bulb for looks. Tint is a must. Clear turns with the amber taken out of the tails are also a staple of any Maxima. Foglights are standard on hte SE models, and can be added onto all the GLE models and everythine except for the most base model Maxima. Anything else you may want to do can be found somewhere on this board.
Looks at Medic showing off his car .
-Cyrus
Old 12-09-2001, 11:54 AM

He has a right to.

Those rims look lovely on a 4th gen.