4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Tein s tech strut compatibility???

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 10:34 PM

My "common sense" is that I like to spend my mod money piecing stuff together. If you want to keep your parts in a garage until you get them all... go for it. I want to put the stuff on when I get it. The beauty is that it is MY 4th gen. It doesnt have to be modded the way YOU would do it! I don't have Mommy and Daddy paying my everyday bills so I can mod your "right way"
As far as me considering a 4th gen as being nice... I have had other cars and have always come back to that body type. Something people just like the look!
Hmmm I wonder if I can start a thread that forbids all the d-bags from trying to force thier opinions down other people's throat!
Old 04-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Got Retrofit?

^ You should chill out.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:54 PM

[quote=ChrisMan287;7509241]^ You should chill out.[/quote

Oh really ? Who the **** are you to tell me when to chill out ? I really dont think i was even talking directly to you was i ?

By the way your eyelids look gay !!! And yall want to talk **** to me about being ricey if i lower my car " THE WRONG WAY" lmaooo !

Last edited by ugafanz; 04-09-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:36 AM

::Edit::

I quit, you guys and your preaching ways. I have no idea why people are in a thread about S.Techs who don't like dropped maximas, or even like to deal with them...

That's cool that people don't like being dropped, but don't force your views on us, you are not the "right way", there is no such thing as the "right way." Especially when it comes to something so objective as a car.

For pete sakes, it's a engine w/ 4 wheels, it's SOLE purpose in life is to get you form point a to point b. How you choose to get there is YOUR prerogative.

This is a forum, a place to ask a question and have it answered, not to get preached at for wanting to do something... Hell, if I start a thread on (baad example) apple juice, does this mean I want to hear about how great Orange juice is? NO! Then when a thread title has S.Techs stay the hell away Eibach riders, unless you actually have something to contribute than besides telling me how great your orange juice is... We really couldn't care any less...

Real1, I think you got your answer.

S.Techs+Stock struts = cheapest but you'll end up spending your money and time elsewhere trying to have a nice ride.

S.Techs+Blues = Better idea than riding stock struts, but the lack of a lifetime warranty avail makes this a semi-leap of faith.

S.Techs+Illuminas = What most people who ride S.Techs use, and for a reason.

S.Techs+Koni Yellows = Koni Yellows are arguably the best strut out there, just gotta suffer through a little pain to install em, but everyone who has em says they're worth it.

Axles? Yes you will be breaking them, invest in raxles or some local autostore's lifetime gaurantee'd axles.

Rest of the suspension? Yes you will be throwing a few things out of whack, but you should know this, and accept it, you must make the choice what's more important when dropping a car 2".

Honestly, I have no complaints w/ my setup, for now, it works, and I'm content for now.

Last edited by aackshun; 04-10-2010 at 02:03 AM.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by aackshun

I quit, you guys and your preaching ways. I have no idea why people are in a thread about S.Techs who don't like dropped maximas, or even like to deal with them...

That's cool that people don't like being dropped, but don't force your views on us, you are not the "right way", there is no such thing as the "right way." Especially when it comes to something so objective as a car.

For pete sakes, it's a engine w/ 4 wheels, it's SOLE purpose in life is to get you form point a to point b. How you choose to get there is YOUR prerogative.

This is a forum, a place to ask a question and have it answered, not to get preached at for wanting to do something... Hell, if I start a thread on (baad example) apple juice, does this mean I want to hear about how great Orange juice is? NO! Then when a thread title has S.Techs stay the hell away Eibach riders, unless you actually have something to contribute than besides telling me how great your orange juice is... We really couldn't care any less...

S.Techs+Stock struts = cheapest but you'll end up spending your money and time elsewhere trying to have a nice ride.

S.Techs+Blues = Better idea than riding stock struts, but the lack of a lifetime warranty avail makes this a semi-leap of faith.

S.Techs+Koni Yellows = Koni Yellows are arguably the best strut out there, just gotta suffer through a little pain to install em, but everyone who has em says they're worth it.

Axles? Yes you will be breaking them, invest in raxles or some local autostore's lifetime gaurantee'd axles.

Rest of the suspension? Yes you will be throwing a few things out of whack, but you should know this, and accept it, you must make the choice what's more important when dropping a car 2".

Honestly, I have no complaints w/ my setup, for now, it works, and I'm content for now.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Someone gets my point....
Old 04-10-2010, 06:34 AM
Banned

When dropped 2'' or lower why is it more likely for the axle to break? What exactly happens that causes it to break? And what are the chances of it happening?
Old 04-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Addicted to the Org

[QUOTE=ugafanz;7509256]
Originally Posted by ChrisMan287
^ You should chill out.[/quote

Oh really ? Who the **** are you to tell me when to chill out ? I really dont think i was even talking directly to you was i ?

By the way your eyelids look gay !!! And yall want to talk **** to me about being ricey if i lower my car " THE WRONG WAY" lmaooo !
I don't really like his eyelids either, but his car is still clean as hell. BTW, his eyelids will not break his axles or make his car ride bad. What looks gay is taking a pic of your car sitting in what looks like a trailer park
Old 04-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Got Retrofit?

Originally Posted by ugafanz
Oh really ? Who the **** are you to tell me when to chill out ? By the way your eyelids look gay !!!
at the tough guy.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:13 AM

IBTL
Old 04-10-2010, 08:43 AM
I'm nutty for Nissans

Originally Posted by SwEEt_tOOtH
When dropped 2'' or lower why is it more likely for the axle to break? What exactly happens that causes it to break? And what are the chances of it happening?
The CV joints cannot take the angles. They wear quick. My cousin replaced his axles at least once in a couple of month. He did that for a year or so.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:45 AM
I'm nutty for Nissans

Originally Posted by ugafanz
Old 04-11-2010, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by JSutter
The CV joints cannot take the angles. They wear quick. My cousin replaced his axles at least once in a couple of month. He did that for a year or so.
Something else is wrong.

I haven't replaced mine. I've had the car for one year now.

People I know w/ low drops do theirs every other year, just for preventative maintenance.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisMan287
^ You should chill out.
lol
Old 05-07-2010, 11:33 PM

Amen!

Originally Posted by aackshun