4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

A few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 07:09 AM

A few questions...

Let me say first, I have searched and either its a user error on my part I just dont know how to search on this site, so I am just going to ask for your help and input. I have been seeing people talking about 00VI, and MEVI. I am wondering what they are. I have seen pictures in the fs section and I can kinda gather that the 00VI looks like an Intake manifold, new fuel rail, and injectors. If I am wrong please tell me. But the MEVI I am not sure of so what ever light you can shed on them would be great. I am eventually looking to go with an all motor setup. And thanks in advance.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:30 AM

The day I learned about the "Sort by relevancy" option in the search feature, my life changed for the better. That said, as long as we're here....

The 00VI is the 2000-01 Maxima's intake setup, which has a continuously variable setup - it changes position with a map to engine speed, so it's always close to the ideal geometry for the current engine speed.

The MEVI is the Middle Eastern market's variable intake, which has a discretely variable setup - above a certain RPM, its geometry changes to a second configuration which is better suited to high engine speeds.

The difference in principle is that the 00VI is continuously variable and the MEVI has only two possible configurations. The practical difference is that the MEVI is an easy bolt-on whereas the 00VI install is a little more involved.

As I haven't done either, don't quote me on any of this, but I'm pretty sure that's the breakdown.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:25 AM
"I'm just sayin'..."

Originally Posted by jonedwards
Let me say first, I have searched and either its a user error on my part I just dont know how to search on this site, so I am just going to ask for your help and input. I have been seeing people talking about 00VI, and MEVI. I am wondering what they are. I have seen pictures in the fs section and I can kinda gather that the 00VI looks like an Intake manifold, new fuel rail, and injectors. If I am wrong please tell me. But the MEVI I am not sure of so what ever light you can shed on them would be great. I am eventually looking to go with an all motor setup. And thanks in advance.
Let me help you with a quick suggestion. The 4th gen forum has a lot of information nicely consolidated and organized in a Sticky called HowTo's. Whenever you have a question, I would check there first. Usually, the information will be more concise then some of the responses you'll receive in a thread like this. I entered the Hot To's:4th Gen Sticky, hit control F, typed in MEVI and it jumped right to this. I then typed in 00VI and it jumped to this. After you have the background knowledge of these two intakes, then it will be easier to ask members specific questions that can really help you.