4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

SARD FPR Install Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2002, 06:58 AM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

SARD FPR Install Questions...

Thanks to Thomas (sx7r) I just got my SARD FPR in the mail yesterday. Seems to be a high quality unit.

Install questions...

The thing comes with nice looking instructions, if you can read Chinese and/or Japanese, which I can't. The port on top is obviously the vacuum port. Which is which with the other two.

Is the hex type plug on the side just a plug for the test port? How do you adjust it? Does it have something to do with the height of the vacuum port on the top?
Old 06-20-2002, 07:03 AM
ejj

http://photos.imageevent.com/1max2nv...e/Dcp00996.jpg

Just found this pic that Tony took a while back. So, the plugged hole is the test port, but which is which with the other two?
Old 06-20-2002, 08:27 AM
ejj

Okay, I was thinking about it...the one on bottom has to be fuel intake, and in front (looking at the pic above) has to be out...right?

How about adjustment procedure?
Old 06-20-2002, 09:17 AM
My other car is a Hybrid

Output to return line is below... fuel rail side is side port.

I'm about ready to instll mine too... just gotta find a good mounting location.

Adjustment is the nut on the vacuum stud area.
Old 06-20-2002, 09:33 AM
ejj

Originally posted by Chunger

Cool, thanks. That's what I though.

Now, moving the nut itself doesn't appear to do anything. Isn't that nut just a locking nut? Do you screw the vacuum port in and out to adjust it?
Old 06-20-2002, 09:55 AM

ok...now this can get a little confusing since the fuel flows the OPPOSITE way that most people think...it goes to the FRONT rail first...THEN to the back rain...then throuh the stock regulator..and then to the return line (fuel line coming off the stock FPR)

you want to install it so that the bottom on the SARD goes to the return line...and the side port goes to the fuel rail where the stock FPR was.

Fuel pressure adjustment is achieved by loosening the 13mm lock nut and then moving the vaccuum port stack up and down with the 10mm part. If you turn it counter-clockwise (loosen) then fuel pressure will drop...if you turn it clockwise (tighten), fuel pressure will rise. You'll only need to turn it small amounts to get results as it is very sensitive.
Old 06-20-2002, 10:34 AM
ejj

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
ok...now this can get a little confusing since the fuel flows the OPPOSITE way that most people think...it goes to the FRONT rail first...THEN to the back rain...then throuh the stock regulator..and then to the return line (fuel line coming off the stock FPR)

you want to install it so that the bottom on the SARD goes to the return line...and the side port goes to the fuel rail where the stock FPR was.

Fuel pressure adjustment is achieved by loosening the 13mm lock nut and then moving the vaccuum port stack up and down with the 10mm part. If you turn it counter-clockwise (loosen) then fuel pressure will drop...if you turn it clockwise (tighten), fuel pressure will rise. You'll only need to turn it small amounts to get results as it is very sensitive.
Thanks! That clears just about everything up for me.
Old 06-20-2002, 12:23 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

I have been looking around and there is not a perfect place to put it. Only place I can find is by the begining of the uppper water neck. I'm going to use a metal bracket and mount it to the bolt that holds the tranny dip stick.

Originally posted by Chunger

Old 06-20-2002, 12:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
I have been looking around and there is not a perfect place to put it. Only place I can find is by the begining of the uppper water neck. I'm going to use a metal bracket and mount it to the bolt that holds the tranny dip stick.

I put mine on the other side of the throttle body just above the fuel filter. If you look at my N20 Setup Pic in my signature you can see where it is. I didn't want it stuck out where everyone can see it. My whole setup for nitrous is pretty well completely hidden unless you know what you are looking for. Some people want all the folks to see what they have and that is fine too.

BTW the Sard is a great FPR, very easy to adjust and stays where you set it, can't ask for more.
Old 06-20-2002, 02:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

glad they worked out for you guys.