4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Corner lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011 | 07:16 PM

Corner lights

Today i AE'ed my lights today and i fubared my corner lights. I swear there use to be nice aftermarket ones on ebay for about 20 dollars. I cant seem to find any aftermarket ones on ebay. And all they have is some OEM's for 15-20 a piece or 33+ for a set.

Anyone know where to get some aftermarket corners anymore, I may just be blind as a bat and just cant find any.
Old 05-07-2011 | 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Product_Of_Korea
Today i AE'ed my lights today and i fubared my corner lights. I swear there use to be nice aftermarket ones on ebay for about 20 dollars. I cant seem to find any aftermarket ones on ebay. And all they have is some OEM's for 15-20 a piece or 33+ for a set.

Anyone know where to get some aftermarket corners anymore, I may just be blind as a bat and just cant find any.
2 years ago was the last time i saw aftermarket corners which were for a 97. i had to rewire them so they would work on my 95, pretty much a crap shoot, cause they're not made anymore. someone might have a set in the for sale section, good luck.
Old 05-07-2011 | 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by max ride 41
2 years ago was the last time i saw aftermarket corners which were for a 97. i had to rewire them so they would work on my 95, pretty much a crap shoot, cause they're not made anymore. someone might have a set in the for sale section, good luck.

I was hoping not to hear that

May have to go to the junkyard sometime then.
Old 05-08-2011 | 06:40 AM

I had the same question because i kept seeing people with ambers. I found out that i have to paint them. Ebay sells the paint its vans jdm spray paint. I did a search on it the other day. All i found was orange, red, and smoke. It runs around $25 at the cheapest for a can of orange from what i can tell.
Old 05-08-2011 | 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by c_elliott
I had the same question because i kept seeing people with ambers. I found out that i have to paint them. Ebay sells the paint its vans jdm spray paint. I did a search on it the other day. All i found was orange, red, and smoke. It runs around $25 at the cheapest for a can of orange from what i can tell.

Im not talking about turn signals(you can still find them all over ebay still) im talking about the clearnce lights next to the headlights
Old 05-08-2011 | 08:57 AM

I likey these one. Exactly what i want
Old 05-08-2011 | 10:00 AM

Pisses me off to since they came out ok. I cleaned up the lenses to. Note the damage done to the side lights. SMH

Last edited by Product_Of_Korea; 05-08-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-08-2011 | 02:50 PM

Im talking about the lights right beside the headlights. If you can find aftermarket let me know because all ebay has is stock. All andysautosport has is stock all ive seen is stock. Dude that told me about the paint told me they stopped making the corners. The turn signals are on the bumper not by the headlight
Old 05-08-2011 | 03:07 PM

noob question:
What does it mean when you "AE" a light? I tried searching, but the search term is not long enough to produce results.
Old 05-08-2011 | 03:14 PM

Im talking about the lights right beside the headlights. If you can find aftermarket let me know because all ebay has is stock. All andysautosport has is stock all ive seen is stock. Dude that told me about the paint told me they stopped making the corners. The turn signals are on the bumper not by the headlight
That is what im looking for as well

Originally Posted by Dr.Awkward
noob question:
What does it mean when you "AE" a light? I tried searching, but the search term is not long enough to produce results.

AE= Anniversary Edition= 2001

Note the black in headlight.

Look in my sig and you can note the diffrence as well

Last edited by Product_Of_Korea; 05-08-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 05-08-2011 | 05:03 PM

Ive came to the point that im either gonna end up painting mine or just buy the 1pc r34s
Old 05-08-2011 | 08:11 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

are any special tools needed to install these?
Old 05-08-2011 | 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by jayme cowley
are any special tools needed to install these?
The r34s?

My info came from another forum member but he said they are a direct fit. No mods needed
Old 05-08-2011 | 08:42 PM

i have a set of the ones your looking for just for the summer lol.. i got them with the glass AE headlights i got from Maxfever. (they are not for sale) You really don't see them for sale much so if you see them jump on them. for the winter and right now im running some stock corners i baked and painted black to get a cefiro mod look. check my sig.. they dont look bad blacked out.. and your headlights look damn good great job on them.
Old 05-09-2011 | 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by CrazxyDominican
i have a set of the ones your looking for just for the summer lol.. i got them with the glass AE headlights i got from Maxfever. (they are not for sale) You really don't see them for sale much so if you see them jump on them. for the winter and right now im running some stock corners i baked and painted black to get a cefiro mod look. check my sig.. they dont look bad blacked out.. and your headlights look damn good great job on them.

TY,
To think they were yellow when i first bought the car(minnesota salt). All i have to say is the 3m kit does wonders.

I think im planning on blacking out the corners as well. But now i need some corners now I also managed to f'up the nipple thing that goes into teh support but that isnt to big of a deal. Guess thats what i get for forcing it.
Old 05-09-2011 | 04:30 PM

TY,
To think they were yellow when i first bought the car(minnesota salt). All i have to say is the 3m kit does wonders.

I think im planning on blacking out the corners as well. But now i need some corners now I also managed to f'up the nipple thing that goes into teh support but that isnt to big of a deal. Guess thats what i get for forcing it.
yeah u tard, just buy some new clear corners and paint them. mine aint for sale either,
Old 05-09-2011 | 08:11 PM

TY,

This is good to know.. I have a pair of plastic headlights on the car and just couldn't get the haze out. I want to do a retro on my current AE Glass headlights and am going to need to put the old ones on. I didn't know the 3M kit worked soo well.. how long did the process take you?
Old 05-09-2011 | 09:19 PM

Regular white toothpaste works aswell. I didnt think it would work but when i had my eclipse i tried it figuring what could i loose i was oreldering new ones any way so i gave it a shot. It worked alot better than i thought. Put it on the light and take a cloth and rub in circles until it gets hard then take water, or even windex and wipe it off use some wax when done it may take a couple attempts but you should notice a difference with just about every use. Give it a try what could you lose a dollar ?
Old 05-09-2011 | 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by max ride 41
yeah u tard, just buy some new clear corners and paint them. mine aint for sale either,
Wasnt trying to buy just admiring lol.

Im planing on it blacking em out

Joe has a lens replacement so i may kill 2 birds with one stone.

Originally Posted by CrazxyDominican
This is good to know.. I have a pair of plastic headlights on the car and just couldn't get the haze out. I want to do a retro on my current AE Glass headlights and am going to need to put the old ones on. I didn't know the 3M kit worked soo well.. how long did the process take you?
Probley about 30-40 min(depending on how picky you are) with a fully charged drill(very important i cant stress it enough) First time i tried it i had not a good charge on the drill but it still cleared it out, but not to my liking

I know you could source all the peices for it but for 20 bucks its not a bad product, you could do multiple cars with it.

Here are the instructions on it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t1RB...embedded#at=53

Last edited by Product_Of_Korea; 05-09-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-09-2011 | 11:15 PM

Regular white toothpaste works aswell. I didnt think it would work but when i had my eclipse i tried it figuring what could i loose i was oreldering new ones any way so i gave it a shot. It worked alot better than i thought. Put it on the light and take a cloth and rub in circles until it gets hard then take water, or even windex and wipe it off use some wax when done it may take a couple attempts but you should notice a difference with just about every use. Give it a try what could you lose a dollar ?
Yeah ive tried the toothpaste even brass cleaner. but i still saw a haze.. maybe raw elbow grease just isnt enough... i work at AZ so maybe i can pick one out before i do my retro