4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

need help with indiglo thingies!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 04:05 PM

need help with indiglo thingies!

Ok - I am having sum problems with this stuff.... I just bought a set of indiglo pedals off ebay, and they look pretty good. But the installation is a little confusing, each pedal came with a short wire, where do i connect these to? I was planning on connecting them to the headlights, but i dont think it was meant to be installed that way. Oh yeah one more thing, i have a 95 automagic GXE, and the indiglo guages on custommaxima.com stated that they wont fit, can u link me to a set that will fit (and wont hurt my wallet.) thanks in advance
Old 01-02-2002, 04:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Ebay usually has several sets of Indiglos going at once...just send the people an E-Mail and see if it will fit your car if it doesn't say so in the auction.

If you go to the "HOW2" forums on maximadriver.com, they suggest hooking your indiglos to the blue wire (+12V) on the dimmer switch.

That's how I hooked up power to my Indiglos...worked great!

IanS
Old 01-02-2002, 05:30 PM

Originally posted by iansw
Ebay usually has several sets of Indiglos going at once...just send the people an E-Mail and see if it will fit your car if it doesn't say so in the auction.

If you go to the "HOW2" forums on maximadriver.com, they suggest hooking your indiglos to the blue wire (+12V) on the dimmer switch.

That's how I hooked up power to my Indiglos...worked great!

IanS
what I did, which is a little unorthodox, i took the positive wire(colored)and wrapped it around the metal part of the rear lights(back lights) fuse and plugged it in to the socket while it was wrapped. And I took the black wire (ground wire) and wrapped it around a loosened screw near by and tightened the screw. You have to replace the fuse with a higher fuse. i think it is originally a 7 and upgraded to a 10. well whatever it upgrade one level. plus it is right near the pedals. if the wire is not long enough solder another piece on or just twist another piece on and use electrical tape. follow all this babble and you will be fine
Old 01-02-2002, 07:12 PM

pedals

I am a bit confused - are u talking about the pedals or the guages?? I really need the info for the pedals more - thanks
Old 01-02-2002, 08:32 PM

Re: pedals

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe
I am a bit confused - are u talking about the pedals or the guages?? I really need the info for the pedals more - thanks
sup,

Ok...I bought my indiglo pedals off ebay about 4months ago....while the break pedal came on more or less easy, the gas pedal didn't fit and i had to use a tie grab( i think that's what it was)

anyways.....for connecting the pedals' wires i connected it to the ash tray light...um its fairly easy just pop off the dash around the gear changer, then unscrew all that stuff around the ash tray, unscrew ash tray, and then tap into the ash tray light bulb(cuz this bulb only turns on when u turn on the lights) if u have specific questions -email me....its fairly easy and the indiglo's look awesome at night.

hope this helpz
Old 01-02-2002, 09:53 PM

i am talking about the pedals
Old 01-03-2002, 07:20 AM

pedals and astray

O hey thanks alot itsgt - that lighter connection sounds like a winner. I'm gonna try it later on today hopefully. If i do run into any problems, i will definitely give u an e-mail