4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

new turn signals is awesome, (video)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 03:59 PM

new turn signals is awesome, (video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGNn7CRCEBA

Last edited by LuminousX; 07-25-2014 at 04:03 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:32 PM

niceee, did u install them yourself? for 30 bucks its nice to get rid of those ugly orange turn signals.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:39 PM

I payed around $26 for them, I had to do a thing or 2 for them to sit tight, and not shake around
Old 07-25-2014, 04:45 PM

Be watchful for potential condensation to appear inside the housing. Other than that good buy.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:52 PM

was it a simple direct swap? like the light bulbs and such are already in the actual aftermarket signal? just plug n play, took u 5 mins probably? cause I know that for the signal to be legal, the bulb has to flash orange or else if a cop see's that its not.. be ready for the flashing lights.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:08 PM

It didn't come with bulbs are sockets, so I had to use the old ones, the lights bulbs are kinda orange-ish so it might not be that big of a deal with cops, but like I said it's just like taking off the old, and transfer what is needed, but I didn't want mine shaking or anything so I added padding to make it sit tighter, and get a better sit, but it's a simple install...

Edit, if you do buy them, pick up a pair of orange colored bulbs as well if you think cops might be an issue for you, I'm not worried, but if I do get a ticket or warning I'll let you know

Last edited by LuminousX; 07-25-2014 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:38 PM

I mean in the video they're flashing orange so it wont be an issue, ive seen cars with clear signals and orange bulbs almost all the time now, so its taking the old and putting in new.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:20 PM

Wait, this is thread worthy?
Didn't know..

Good eBay grab mang.
I would have said to seal the sides first, but looks like you already installed.
Fingers crossed they don't leak on you.
Mine did.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:31 PM

Nice enhancement. I just got a set this week. Is there any way to pre-seal around the lens to keep a leak away?
Old 07-25-2014, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by CS_AR
Nice enhancement. I just got a set this week. Is there any way to pre-seal around the lens to keep a leak away?
Clear seal by liquid nails has proved awesome.

Dries clearer than silicone, which would be my second choice.

I'm sure you could bake it apart and seal it the right way, but a good bead around the outside works..just make sure you cut away the excess so you don't have fitment problems is all.

..sometimes the side push pins on the aftermarket don't match/too small.
You can unscrew your old ones off your Oem and get creative.
I did have one set of aftermarket lights that came with all new hardware, which was good because the OEM clips didn't fit them.
I just got lucky though IMO. Most won't come with hardware, but some even come with the amber bulbs to stay legal.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:06 PM

What's the worst that can happen if they leak?
Old 07-25-2014, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by LuminousX
What's the worst that can happen if they leak?
You purchased them for appreance, yes?
They will look bad and maybe cause your bulbs to pop.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Fakie J Farkerton
You purchased them for appreance, yes?
They will look bad and maybe cause your bulbs to pop.
I had them on my to buy list, but it got pushed to the top when one went missing, my guess is I lost it on the street, but someone could have also taken it (not ruling anything out lols) but yet it's just $26 if they get messed up I won't find it hard to put a new set
Old 07-25-2014, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by LuminousX
It didn't come with bulbs are sockets, so I had to use the old ones, the lights bulbs are kinda orange-ish so it might not be that big of a deal with cops, but like I said it's just like taking off the old, and transfer what is needed, but I didn't want mine shaking or anything so I added padding to make it sit tighter, and get a better sit, but it's a simple install...

Edit, if you do buy them, pick up a pair of orange colored bulbs as well if you think cops might be an issue for you, I'm not worried, but if I do get a ticket or warning I'll let you know
Just wanted to throw this out there, I have the clear ones myself so I don't really follow this, but I thought I would share so no one is surprised. -

In WI and I assume other parts of the country as well, there has to be an amber reflector on the front, not just amber colored bulbs. Next time your driving, take a look at front ends, all of them have some sort of amber reflector in there somewhere. There are none with just clear. It is illegal to have a clear housing with a amber bulb without an amber reflector in front somewhere. That being said, I have had clear corners on several cars I've owned, and as long as it lights up orange, I have not had a problem. seems like something one would only get pulled over for around bar time for, when the same exhaust your cop buddy complimented you on gets you pulled over.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:22 AM

well I've never seen it, but I guess it does happen, I also have 6000k LED strips on my mirrors as turn signals, I know they illegal to drive with, but I just think cops have bigger things to deal with, besides a cop isn't gonna see me going the opposite direction, and just make a U-Turn to run me down in traffic for clear lens bumper lights, and if he's driving behind me he's not gonna see them, if he's in front of me, and decides to stop me because of that then he's bored, and got nothing better to do
Old 07-26-2014, 04:19 AM

first off, I've had multiple sets of these corners, ( currently have black clears ) and they all leak. condensation builds up cause they're not air tight, but I've never had to replace bulbs for that reason. bulbs don't pop from a little water. just make sure they're screwed in tight b4 you put them back into car. and I can't believe someone started another thread about this.......

Last edited by max ride 41; 07-26-2014 at 04:21 AM.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by max ride 41
first off, I've had multiple sets of these corners, ( currently have black clears ) and they all leak. condensation builds up cause they're not air tight, but I've never had to replace bulbs for that reason. bulbs don't pop from a little water. just make sure they're screwed in tight b4 you put them back into car. and I can't believe someone started another thread about this.......
I have LEDs and they didn't like the water.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:15 AM

do you own a camera?? if so, i'd like to see your max, i hear all this stuff you have and have never seen it.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by max ride 41
do you own a camera?? if so, i'd like to see your max, i hear all this stuff you have and have never seen it.
Check my album.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Fakie J Farkerton
Clear seal by liquid nails has proved awesome.

Dries clearer than silicone, which would be my second choice.

I'm sure you could bake it apart and seal it the right way, but a good bead around the outside works..just make sure you cut away the excess so you don't have fitment problems is all.

..sometimes the side push pins on the aftermarket don't match/too small.
You can unscrew your old ones off your Oem and get creative.
I did have one set of aftermarket lights that came with all new hardware, which was good because the OEM clips didn't fit them.
I just got lucky though IMO. Most won't come with hardware, but some even come with the amber bulbs to stay legal.
I got a tube of Liquid Nails Clear Silicone Adhesive at Home Depot and filled in around edges to close up any seams and gaps. I can see how it soaked into the gaps where water would run in at some point down the road.

I worked it in on one side then it let dry all day, then flipped over the lenses and filled in the other side. It took a couple of days to go through the process on both sides while letting the seams get good and dry.

So now it has clear turn signal lenses like most other Maximas on here..
Old 08-03-2014, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by CS_AR
I got a tube of Liquid Nails Clear Silicone Adhesive at Home Depot and filled in around edges to close up any seams and gaps. I can see how it soaked into the gaps where water would run in at some point down the road. I worked it in on one side then it let dry all day, then flipped over the lenses and filled in the other side. It took a couple of days to go through the process on both sides while letting the seams get good and dry. So now it has clear turn signal lenses like most other Maximas on here..