4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Looking for instructions

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 06:58 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Looking for instructions

Hello everyone. I have recently bought a 1995 Maxima and need to do an engine swap. The reason is because of a cracked head gasket. From reading the forum, it seems more practical to just do an engine swap.
I am new to working on cars, so far all I have done with this Maxima is new struts, head gasket covers, water pump/timing chain tensioner. I feel I can do the engine swap with some good clear instructions. I need to know step by step what to disconnect and how. Any information would be helpful. I've been thinking of ordering the chilton manual service online. I also have the FSM for the 1995 Nissan Maxima, but I would feel more comfortable with something listing step by step. Would be nice if there were some videos on engine removal. Maybe a camera while doing the job is too much to ask.
At any rate, I am a proud owner of this vehicle and would like nothing more than to make it shine. Any help would not be wasted. Thank you.