4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

illegal racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2002, 11:12 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

illegal racing

has anyone ever been to an illegal race. They're soooo exciting. I saw a nova race a camaroe. never had i have so much fun in my life! I can't wait to go see a nother one. Are any of you maxima drivers up for a max race?
Old 01-25-2002, 11:14 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: illegal racing

Originally posted by freshmax
has anyone ever been to an illegal race. They're soooo exciting. I saw a nova race a camaroe. never had i have so much fun in my life! I can't wait to go see a nother one. Are any of you maxima drivers up for a max race?
This is a great way to get busted .

Erik
Old 01-25-2002, 11:23 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Maximas? Race? Were to slow to race.
Old 01-25-2002, 11:33 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
Maximas? Race? Were to slow to race.
you know you're right. Maximas are slow even after modification. They such a glam-family car come to think of it. The fastest they can get on a 1/4 mile is 15sec. or maybe it's just that the max drivers are bad shifters and bad drivers. You know what else...maxima cars are cosmetic cars...they're potential is their looks. I'm giving my max to my grandma now and i'll just go buy a subaru impreza wrx...now that's a car to go crazy for.
Old 01-25-2002, 11:52 AM

you know you're right. Maximas are slow even after modification. They such a glam-family car come to think of it. The fastest they can get on a 1/4 mile is 15sec. or maybe it's just that the max drivers are bad shifters and bad drivers. You know what else...maxima cars are cosmetic cars...they're potential is their looks. I'm giving my max to my grandma now and i'll just go buy a subaru impreza wrx...now that's a car to go crazy for.
so your max isnt so fresh after all
Old 01-25-2002, 12:07 PM

Fresh Max...

You don't have to search profiles for too long to find common mid 14 ET on the 1/4 mile. There is a lot that can be done...patience pays off and some reservation about the inherent limitations of the available aftermarket.
Old 01-25-2002, 12:25 PM

It is all in the driver.

SuDZ
Old 01-25-2002, 12:34 PM

street races are fun the first few times you go but after a while getting chased by cops isnt so fun..
Old 01-25-2002, 12:34 PM

Originally posted by WizzaMax
Fresh Max...

You don't have to search profiles for too long to find common mid 14 ET on the 1/4 mile. There is a lot that can be done...patience pays off and some reservation about the inherent limitations of the available aftermarket.
I have to agree with you, aftermarket support is building though. I'm sure in late 2002 NISMO products will make thier presence felt. (That's the time that NISMO opens shop in the good ol' US of A)

Supercharging the max is the only viable option at this time, and expensive. The turbo and max combination is still in it's experimental stages. Until they are mass produced, we will not see a 10 second max. (Alot of other things too not just turbo)
Old 01-25-2002, 01:00 PM
Lives in a 350Z

Maxima's slow?? thats what everyone thought until last saturday I went out to this local racing spot in Orlando and I decided to run.. first was I was up against the 2002 nissan sentra SE-R I took him off the line. then get kept with me until 3rd gear that was when I pulled!...from everyone's reaction I figured they thought the same..
Old 01-25-2002, 01:07 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

My max is slow as ****...
Old 01-25-2002, 01:47 PM

You know what else...maxima cars are cosmetic cars...they're potential is their looks. I'm giving my max to my grandma now
go ahead, we don't care & invite your grandma to this site so she can mod her car maybe with a supercharger or somethin like that.
Old 01-25-2002, 02:13 PM

Originally posted by maximumsport
Maxima's slow?? thats what everyone thought until last saturday I went out to this local racing spot in Orlando and I decided to run.. first was I was up against the 2002 nissan sentra SE-R I took him off the line. then get kept with me until 3rd gear that was when I pulled!...from everyone's reaction I figured they thought the same..
Your ride looks real nice.

SuDZ
Old 01-25-2002, 02:18 PM

Re: illegal racing

In my area about 250 got caught at the same time all got their licences suspended for a year Philly is too tough on us
Old 01-25-2002, 02:55 PM

Re: Re: illegal racing

Originally posted by maxedout95

In my area about 250 got caught at the same time all got their licences suspended for a year Philly is too tough on us
yeah street races are fun in the begining but after a while you just end up driving around runing from cops. need to find some new spots here in so cali a lot of the spots are burned out (major Pig presence) at all the spots.
Old 01-25-2002, 02:57 PM

Wow that is a huge bust but an even worse way to pay for it. I would be sunk without my licence.

SuDZ
Old 01-25-2002, 03:04 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

hah damn, we got plenty of spots here. theres a nice lil strip thats about a mile long, straight away. good racing. and their is a few old air fields that have great racing. been racin the max for bout a yaer, havent been busted yet.
Old 01-25-2002, 03:25 PM
I'm so hood

...and that was exciting for you, to watch? Heh, man...and I thought I was easily pleased...

Save yourself the ticket, stay home, and watch FATF instead. Not that I really advocate supporting that movie, but....
Old 01-25-2002, 03:31 PM

does anybody know any good spots in NJ or RI where i could just race myself?? wanna get some high speed runs in.
Old 01-25-2002, 03:52 PM
MDr

Wow, $250 ticket for street racing ?
I thought it was like $1000.00 plus it stays
in one's dirving record for 5 years.

Old 01-25-2002, 04:15 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Re: Re: Re: illegal racing

Originally posted by MDr
Wow, $250 ticket for street racing ?
I thought it was like $1000.00 plus it stays
in one's dirving record for 5 years.

I think he meant 250 people got busted at one time...
Old 01-25-2002, 04:21 PM

the results of not getting away >>

http://www.ubrf.org/phpBB/viewtopic....964&forum=9&11
Old 01-25-2002, 04:26 PM

Originally posted by MaximaRider
does anybody know any good spots in NJ or RI where i could just race myself?? wanna get some high speed runs in.
i am nowhere around your area but. usually industrial areas are usually good places to run. look for large warehouse in like a industrial area. just the way these parts of a city are set up there will be long straights because big rigs have to be able to get in and out easily. and at night these places are usaually very empty cause everything is closed.
Old 01-25-2002, 04:42 PM
KCTYPHOON

man.. a few years ago all people did in staten island ny was race.. you could go out at any nite during the week, drive around lookin for a race on the street and find a few. people would drive up and down this major road called hylan blvd for hours just lookin to race. every thursday nite there was a big car show and afterwards we would all go down to an isolated strip we had. its a section of service road thats not really used. on one side is just woods and the other side is concealed from the highway from brush and because the highway is set up higher than the street. its a long flat strecth and the 1/4 is even marked out. race nites were thurs and saturday. people would come from all over, staten island, brooklyn, queens, new jersey. a good nite there was 500 or more heads. thats not exagerating at all. you had to wait in line to race. there'd be cars parked down the hole stretch on both sides, and two lines of cars in the middle waiting to run. who ever you pulled up next to on the line was who you raced. the same guy was there on race nites to line up the cars at the starting line and call the starts. lol.. he use to come wearing this flight jacket with every possible police and emergency service patch stitched on there in case we got raided (which did happen a few times). the funniest was when like a family DID try to go down that stip on their way home.. lol.. they'd have to sit there in the traffic waiting till they could pass the start line. you had to see thier faces though. like they couldnt belive what they just stumbled into. lol.. like driving into an episode of cops..this was before the imports got real poplular. it was all like worked mustangs, monte carlo's, mailbu's, cutlass's, nova's.... u get the idea.. this was no joke though. all the cars were worked.. my monte ss had a 355, turbo 350 trans, and 3:73 rear. an easy 325/350 horse and that wasnt even condsidered one of the faster cars. if you car wasnt at least pullin 13's (which is pretty fast) you really didnt stand a chance of winning many races.. there were cars down there that would run low 11's . one of my friends from hs had a malibu with a 383 stroker, 400 trans, and 4:56 rear. with slicks on the front end would pull up.. the kid snapped 3 drive shafts... this is goin back like 7 years ago though. the first sign of imports was just startin to hit. some guys from jersey would come with these lil 1.8 litre hondas all juiced out.. i wish i was still living those days. my life seems so boring now cause of such the crazy childhood me and my friends had. i wish some of you younger guys could have been around to experience this. it was seruously like going to a dragstrip, but better.. u were rite there next to the cars covered in smoke from the burnouts. its a shame it all came to an end, but ill never forget it

Old 01-25-2002, 06:02 PM

yeah - illegal races are fun.......they're even more fun when your in the passenger seat ideo taping -lol
Old 01-25-2002, 06:09 PM

My question is why do the cops care so much about these types of races in closed off areas on straight aways. The only people in danger are the people involved and its generally safe. If anything it helps take the races off of main roads.
Old 01-25-2002, 06:23 PM

Originally posted by costcowholesale

go ahead, we don't care & invite your grandma to this site so she can mod her car maybe with a supercharger or somethin like that.
Old 01-25-2002, 06:46 PM
KCTYPHOON

Originally posted by RapidMax
My question is why do the cops care so much about these types of races in closed off areas on straight aways. The only people in danger are the people involved and its generally safe. If anything it helps take the races off of main roads.
well.. to be honest... its not that safe.. true, your write when you say its safer than it in traffic. but if somethin happens then what.. god forbid a car looses control.. it could easily vereve off into the crowd. or it it catches fire.. the main thing is that there isnt any kinda of saftey meansurements.. ex: fire department, ambulance, people trained for this kind of accident.. thats why the cops come down hard on it.. i mean. i dont wanna sound like im preaching, cause ive raced alot. but i was lucky.. it only takes one time to ruin or end somebody's life.. just imagine if it was ur best friend or ur g/f.. do you think you would still have the same opinion?? a better solution to this would be an organized strip in the area.. its impossible to get enough around for everyone though..

Old 01-26-2002, 10:09 PM

jdmmax you ever go to the runs in the city of industry?/