4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

so, so much for happy ending thread.......

Old 08-30-2018, 06:15 PM

so, so much for happy ending thread.......

so, my mechanic dumps this fuel system cleaner in my gas tank and i forgot to fill it up to dilute it. will this **** **** up the injectors or cause white smoke and gas smell out of the exhaust? he also tells me that possibly the crank sensor might be causing the misfire issue cause it controls spark and fuel ratio mixture etc., etc. plus, i ordered 2 coils and he says he unplugged 2 injectors!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! goddmanit, will somebody please help me to make sense of this $hit?!!?!?!?
Old 08-30-2018, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Are you saying you basically had an empty tank and only had fuel system cleaner poured in it? How much gas did you have? I wouldn't worry about it, even on low you still have 2 to 3 gallons in reserve.

Well did he unplug 2 injectors or didn't he? It's quit easy to tell once you go look.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
Are you saying you basically had an empty tank and only had fuel system cleaner poured in it? How much gas did you have? I wouldn't worry about it, even on low you still have 2 to 3 gallons in reserve.

Well did he unplug 2 injectors or didn't he? It's quit easy to tell once you go look.
yes, it was 2 injectors, i thought it was 2 coils, damnit. he plugged them back in btw. i had about a little under a half a tank, i never dump that **** into my gas though. it always **** up the injectors, and some crap that i have never used before either. snake oil
Old 08-31-2018, 09:09 AM
JvG

I assume that you are having misfire issues.

the fuel system cleaner would be one standard remedy they would try , or try to sell you. The only way you would get white smoke is if the pintil caps disolved. Not likely.

crank sensor misfire, perhaps. Because that controls spark. But has nothing to do with fuel ratio mixture, at least to the best of my knowledge.

coils could solve the issue I'd coils were the problem in the first place.

he unplugged the injectors to see if the car runs the same whether the injector is plugged in or not. If the car does run the same, the injector is at fault. Especially if the injector is moved to another cylinder, and the problem mover with it.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by JvG
I assume that you are having misfire issues.

the fuel system cleaner would be one standard remedy they would try , or try to sell you. The only way you would get white smoke is if the pintil caps disolved. Not likely.

crank sensor misfire, perhaps. Because that controls spark. But has nothing to do with fuel ratio mixture, at least to the best of my knowledge.

coils could solve the issue I'd coils were the problem in the first place.

he unplugged the injectors to see if the car runs the same whether the injector is plugged in or not. If the car does run the same, the injector is at fault. Especially if the injector is moved to another cylinder, and the problem mover with it.
nah, he just unplugged 4 and 6 cylinder injectors and there was no change. thought we might as well do the crank sensor being as that it is so cheap. drove maxy today and the white smoke stopped, put 20 bux of plus in and ran her around for awhile, still sputters and i smell gas coming out of the exhaust.