4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

how to change door panels???????????

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2002 | 12:50 PM

how to change door panels???????????

I just finished installing my leather seats. What tools do I need to change my door panels. They look pretty difficult to take off also are there any plastic clips that I should watch out for when taking these off.

also I am changing my sunshade anyone know how to put it back on the track, do I have to drop my roof liner and all that or can it be done without dropping everything
thanks
Old 02-12-2002 | 02:51 PM

umm go to www.installdr.com, the tell uhow to to remove the door panels there, Also, i didnt know they mad a sunshade for maximas?
Old 02-12-2002 | 02:58 PM

Re: how to change door panels???????????

Originally posted by hash
I just finished installing my leather seats. What tools do I need to change my door panels. They look pretty difficult to take off also are there any plastic clips that I should watch out for when taking these off.

also I am changing my sunshade anyone know how to put it back on the track, do I have to drop my roof liner and all that or can it be done without dropping everything
thanks
I don't know on the doors, but to remove the sunroof shade, yes you will have to drop the liner first.
Old 02-12-2002 | 03:19 PM

Re: Re: how to change door panels???????????

ok so how would I go about dropping the headliner. And is it very difficult to do
Old 02-12-2002 | 07:53 PM

Re: Re: Re: how to change door panels???????????

Originally posted by hash
ok so how would I go about dropping the headliner. And is it very difficult to do
I strongly recomend you have a friend help you with this. One person can easily take it down, but you risk creasing it doing it yourself.[list=1][*]Remove anything your rearview mirror, sun visors, dome light, and everything else that you find screwed into the top of your car.[*]Then pull off any fuzzy panels that overlap the headliner.[*]Lower your seat backs to give you some room.[*]Then pull down the headliner itself. It is attached by some metal clips and heavy duty velcro. You will have to pull pretty hard in some places and it sounds like stuff is breaking. Just be careful so nothing actually does break.[/list=1]
Btw, I found out that the official name for that shade is "finisher plate".

I don't remember if you have to remove the whole sunroof assembly to get it out or not, I guess you'll find out when you get there. If it turns out you do have to do it, don't even think about doing it yourself. You will scrape up your interior and might break something. You might also want to take out your seats to make it easier to maneuver through your door. Just pray you don't have to do all that, 'cause it's an ***pain.