4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Help: Nokya Headlight Harness

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 07:36 PM

Help: Nokya Headlight Harness

Hi, anyone know how to install this thing? I just got it in the mail along with a set of Nokya Arctic Purples. The bulbs work great on the stock harness. I only installed it on the stock harness case I couldn't wait to see how it would look. Now I need to find a way to install this headlight harness. Any help would be appreciated. Here's a pic of it if it helps.
http://www.spwusa.com/Images/Products/nok9103.jpg
Old 02-15-2002, 07:55 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Help: Nokya Headlight Harness

Originally posted by 96max
Hi, anyone know how to install this thing? I just got it in the mail along with a set of Nokya Arctic Purples. The bulbs work great on the stock harness. I only installed it on the stock harness case I couldn't wait to see how it would look. Now I need to find a way to install this headlight harness. Any help would be appreciated. Here's a pic of it if it helps.
http://www.spwusa.com/Images/Products/nok9103.jpg
There are some directions on www.maximadriver.com for installing the APC wiring harness, I imagine this thing is similar. BTW how much did u pay for the Nokya one?
Old 02-15-2002, 07:59 PM

Yeah, I read about the APC one, its different. I think this one might require splcing. Not really sure how to do that though. I got it from Alex at southeast autoworks. I think I paid $14 for it.. forgot.. there was a post in the parts section awhile back.
Old 02-15-2002, 08:18 PM

Yeah, I read about the APC one, its different. I think this one might require splcing. Not really sure how to do that though. I got it from Alex at southeast autoworks. I think I paid $14 for it.. forgot.. there was a post in the parts section awhile back.
Go to Home Depot or somewhere similar and buy Female bullet connectors. It's a really easy install, just clip the wires up by the stock housing, strip about a half inch of insulation off each one and apply the connectors. Just pay attention to which wire is which and everythings cake. Wrap with electrical tape and you're done.

Miguel
Old 02-15-2002, 08:20 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

I got some APC wiring harness.... I don't see why it would need splicing or why it's different... should be the same no matter what brand it is. Mine is just covered with a yellow protective thing, I guess to protect it from heat and stuff.... I got it used too.
Anyways, I can't distinguish it from that pic.. if u can open it up and unfold it, maybe someone can compare it and help you out.

Basically it should look like this, consist of the following things:

-2 socket plugs, like the ones that the bulbs should be plugged into.
-2 ground wires.. (have a small metal hoop-like thing at the tip)
-2 more wires that also have hoop thingies at the end, (these go to the battery..)
-2 square/box units...

sorry for the bland terms lol.. best way i can describe it from what i remember....

there is a diagram on Maximadriver.com........... it's pretty self explanatory. the metal hoop/ground wires should be placed on a spot where there is bare metal... I and most other people use the metal things on the frame... if u can look at the maximadriver.com diagram you will see what i'm talking about... just take off the screw and put them over, then tighten it up real well...
Old 02-15-2002, 10:11 PM

thx for u'r help, i'm gonna head over to home depot tomorrow. This harness is slightly different from the APC one, it does not connect to the battery. Sorry about the pic, I don't have a digital camera, that link was just off a site that sells the same wiring harness.
Old 02-15-2002, 10:18 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

thx for u'r help, i'm gonna head over to home depot tomorrow. This harness is slightly different from the APC one, it does not connect to the battery. Sorry about the pic, I don't have a digital camera, that link was just off a site that sells the same wiring harness.

Oh, I see what you are saying, now that i look at it again, it kind of looks different too, lol. Just too little stuff, mine was a whole load of wires. Good luck, just don't run those Nokya headlights on stock harness for too long, don't want to burn it out.
Old 02-15-2002, 10:29 PM

Yup, thanx. Those Nokya's are pretty bright though. Is it just me or are they brighter from a distance. Up close, they are very white and do not look too bright, but from a distance they are very bright and purplish in colour.