4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Where CAN I find these Gauges!!!??

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 02:05 PM

Where CAN I find these Gauges!!!??

HEY you sexy maxima guys out there? where can i find the gauges that greg has in the "dual gauge pod" he's selling??? Intake and Exhaust??
I've never seen those before, and I want I want!!!?? any help??
Old 02-28-2002, 02:13 PM
FJC

Re: Where CAN I find these Gauges!!!??

Originally posted by MaximaChic<3
HEY you sexy maxima guys out there? where can i find the gauges that greg has in the "dual gauge pod" he's selling??? Intake and Exhaust??
I've never seen those before, and I want I want!!!?? any help??
Hey you sexy Maxima chic... Are you looking for the actual pod? or the gauges? Some pods come with gauges.
Old 02-28-2002, 02:17 PM

Re: Re: Where CAN I find these Gauges!!!??

Originally posted by FJC

Hey you sexy Maxima chic... Are you looking for the actual pod? or the gauges? Some pods come with gauges.
well i bought the dang pod from greg.. thinking i was getting the gauges as well.. but then again that would've been a very very good deal.. so i already have the pod.. just need the gauges.. and I dont want no stupid water temp.. or oil pressure crap.. I want the ones in the pic on gregs site
Old 02-28-2002, 03:08 PM

Re: Re: Re: Where CAN I find these Gauges!!!??

well i bought the dang pod from greg.. thinking i was getting the gauges as well.. but then again that would've been a very very good deal.. so i already have the pod.. just need the gauges.. and I dont want no stupid water temp.. or oil pressure crap.. I want the ones in the pic on gregs site

http://www.optauto.com/webstore/depa...s.asp?dept=509
Old 02-28-2002, 03:35 PM

Gauges

Hey, the cheapest place that I have found for quality gauges was Gemeran Auto werks

http://www.german-autowerks.com/Specials/gauges.htm

I recently did a pretty extensive search looking for gauges for my Supra. No one had the 60 mm Greddys cheaper. Good luck.

Dan
Old 02-28-2002, 04:02 PM

www.guageman.com
Old 02-28-2002, 07:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Get some Nitrous and have the gauges actually do some real good.

Erik
Old 02-28-2002, 08:06 PM

I am actually interested dual guages but the one that glow at night. Please some one tell me the company that sells them and the store. I dont care what they do, I just want them for looks. Thanks...
Old 02-28-2002, 08:08 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Those are autometer i belive.
www.autometer.com
To buy them, try here.
www.summitracing.com
Old 02-28-2002, 08:13 PM

Almost all of them will light up, so you need to be alitte more specific. Some gauges are one color. Some you can change colors with a push of a button. Some glow in the dark like intellglow.

Originally posted by maximaGTR
I am actually interested dual guages but the one that glow at night. Please some one tell me the company that sells them and the store. I dont care what they do, I just want them for looks. Thanks...
Old 02-28-2002, 08:31 PM

I want them to glow blue so they will mathch my indalgos that I bought from greg
Old 02-28-2002, 08:43 PM

where have all the maxima chicks been hiding?
Old 03-01-2002, 07:07 AM

Originally posted by wicked1044
where have all the maxima chicks been hiding?
haha, hiding in mustangs, and saving up for my new ride...

Anyways, ok Autometer just flat out sucks... ha they only have water temp, oil pressure, and boost... i think ( i could be wrong) but I WANT THE ONES ON GREGS SITE!!! the ones that are in his advertisment of the dual gauge pod... WHERE can i get THOSE!?!??!
Old 03-01-2002, 08:15 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

those appear to be autometer gauges from their carbon fiber line.

the EGT (exhaust gas temp) gauge is good for monitoring how lean your engine is running so it works great for NOS setups or supercharger.

the intake one is totally useless for you... there is no need for that and it won't even be fun because it won't move much.

you should really fill the other hole with an oil pressure gauge because it will let you know your engine is getting iol circulating and it will be fun to watch becuse it gets a lot of movement when the go through the RPM band.

I hope this helps. You should also know that you will need to pay a decent ammount for the install because both of these gauges require holes to be drilled and sensors installed.
Old 03-01-2002, 08:26 AM

The ones on greg's site are autometer. Look at the picture more closely.

haha, hiding in mustangs, and saving up for my new ride...

Anyways, ok Autometer just flat out sucks... ha they only have water temp, oil pressure, and boost... i think ( i could be wrong) but I WANT THE ONES ON GREGS SITE!!! the ones that are in his advertisment of the dual gauge pod... WHERE can i get THOSE!?!??!
Old 03-01-2002, 09:45 AM

Anyways, ok Autometer just flat out sucks... ha they only have water temp, oil pressure, and boost...
I have autometer gauges and they are great.. they make tons of different gauges..
Old 03-01-2002, 10:18 AM

If I got this, you are telling me I wouldnt be able to install them myself. And also were do you get these sensor that I would need??
Old 03-01-2002, 12:47 PM

Originally posted by poolstick01
If I got this, you are telling me I wouldnt be able to install them myself. And also were do you get these sensor that I would need??
This goes out to everyone, including the sexy maxima chick; Whether you get them for looks or function, these gauges (on the pod) are not a slam dunk type of install. I have an EGT and FP gauge on mine and had to do more than one trip to the hardware store to do a little "engineering" for parts that work that were not included in these kits. Also, when you buy these gauges, make sure you find out if the sender or probe comes included, mine did not and it ended up that they are not the bargain I once thought I was getting once I had to buy the pieces separate. Finally, for those who care, the autometer gauges can be had for a good price on ebay, with the sensors/senders included. Just trying to let people know so they don't go thru the headache that I did when I started to do the install and there were parts missing.
Old 03-01-2002, 04:11 PM

Originally posted by JAIMECBR900

This goes out to everyone, including the sexy maxima chick;
awww aight thats cool, maybe i'll hold up on the gauges then, until i get more mods done.. otherwise i guess i could just go with the water temps or oil pressure... thanks for the advice babe
Old 03-01-2002, 04:44 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Hey Maximachic<3

Please clue me in on what your moniker with the "<3" means.
>2 is Maximachic and <3, or worse yet something I should already know!

Do you know which style of gauge you like, that will also fit with your other gauges?

I bought the Autometer Autolite Series that are silver faced and silver rimmed, but then I turned right around and bought the Autometer Phantom Series (black rimmed and white faced) because after the Autolites arrived I realized I wanted them to be closer to the white faced gauges in my SE.

If your buying only for looks, put the pod in, install the gauges, but don't hook them up except for lighting them.

It won't be long until the needles lying there dead will get you moving to finish the job.

White96MaxSE
Old 03-01-2002, 05:25 PM

Hey White96MaxSE,
I got all the new adaptors from summitracing, so I will probably attempt my oil pressure sender install this week. Any luck with yours. My jack failed last week, so I'm waiting for a new one that I ordered to come in. Here's a pic of the line/bracket I rigged up.

Old 03-01-2002, 05:48 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
Hey White96MaxSE,
I got all the new adaptors from summitracing, so I will probably attempt my oil pressure sender install this week. Any luck with yours. My jack failed last week, so I'm waiting for a new one that I ordered to come in. Here's a pic of the line/bracket I rigged up.

Hi 1MAX2NV;

Looks Good. I got the #2265 (M10x1.00 metric) and it looks like that is the one (hope so). I also am thinking about installing the oil pressure sender rig this weekend.

I ran a small black ground wire from one of the terminals on the OEM replacement sender attached to the T in your picture over to a screw on the bracket around the Autometer Oil Pressure Sender for the Autometer Gauge.

I traced the yellow wire down at the hole in the block where the OEM sender is located up along the engine on the passenger side and found that same yellow wire and tapped into it to attach that wire to the other post on the new OEM sender up on the T. I think until I test it all I am going to leave that yellow wire down there so if I need to put the OEM one back in at anytime.

My gauges are mounted in the area below the double DIN Bose Head Unit, but I did have to dremel out that area to get the gauges to fit because it is not a true DIN sized opening. It fits now though.

I got the second dimmer like I said I wanted and I think I'm going to wire the gauges to that dimmer by themselves (maybe later I will also put the headunit illumination and the clock light on that dimmer as well).

I've got to put the water temp sender into the upper radiator hose, and figure out where to tap into the fusebox for ignition switch power. What did you use?

I've got my Oil Pressure on the left, Voltmeter in the middle, and Water Temperature on the right.

If I buy the Alpine Head Unit that is DIN in place of the BOSE, then I'll have to decide if I get another three Autometer Gauges or another stereo DIN component. Decisions, Decisions!

The gauges look good, but I don't have them lit at night yet.

I'm supposed to be snowed in this weekend so I bet I find time in the garage to get something done.

I hope you have jackstands too. Be Safe!

I have just got to get a Digital Camera. I love the pics you provide.

White96MaxSE