4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Antenna Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2002, 05:01 PM
gustiferjones

Antenna Help

I need to replace my sisters antenna in her 96 maxima becuase she decided to take it through the carwash up (again....).

I've never really worked on a car before (aside from my firneds kitcar he's building - fierro ferarri), but I am getitng the Haynes manual for the car, so I figure that's a good palce to start.

I'm looking to put a permannantly upright antenna in. Is this possible? What can be done in order to stop the motor for the antenna from trying to put it up?

any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

-Arieh

Old 03-03-2002, 06:13 PM

Re: Antenna Help

I'm looking to put a permannantly upright antenna in. Is this possible? What can be done in order to stop the motor for the antenna from trying to put it up?

Thanks in advance!

-Arieh
I had a similar problem w/ my '87 Legend Coupe when the antenna motor died. I wasn't about to pay Cdn$300+ for a new one! B/C the radio reception was still ok w/o the antenna being wired to the receiver, I just disconnected the 3-wire harness. You should be able to do the same though with the Max's antenna pushed completely in. No power= no antenna extension.

Sorry, no experience in installing a permanent antenna.
Old 03-03-2002, 08:50 PM

Re: Antenna Help

Originally posted by gustiferjones
I need to replace my sisters antenna in her 96 maxima becuase she decided to take it through the carwash up (again....).

I've never really worked on a car before (aside from my firneds kitcar he's building - fierro ferarri), but I am getitng the Haynes manual for the car, so I figure that's a good palce to start.

Thanks in advance!

-Arieh
It is possible to install the fixed antenna. The hardest part will be finding one that fits the contour of your rear fender. The power antenna will be removed from the car to allow you to install the replacemaent so you wont have to worry about the motor. The motor is part of the antenna. I,m surprised though that you don,t just replace the antenna mast rather than the whole thing.