4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

My front driver Brake is groaning.. help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2002 | 09:05 PM

My front driver Brake is groaning.. help!!

Well, my front drivers side brake has begun groaning on occasion when i resume driving from a stoplight or any complete stop. seems to be the caliper is sticking... i had the rotors and pads replaced last summer with all nissan parts at the dealer. anyone have any suggestions on how to stop this? cleaning or greasing anything???

any suggestions.. thanks, Hall
Old 03-14-2002 | 06:24 AM

Re: My front driver Brake is groaning.. help!!

Originally posted by JeepRage
Well, my front drivers side brake has begun groaning on occasion when i resume driving from a stoplight or any complete stop. seems to be the caliper is sticking... i had the rotors and pads replaced last summer with all nissan parts at the dealer. anyone have any suggestions on how to stop this? cleaning or greasing anything???

any suggestions.. thanks, Hall
i miss daniel B martine... (bump)
Old 03-14-2002 | 06:48 AM
dot dot dot ...

Try cleaning out the two bolts with the rubber boot that lets the caliper slide back and forth. These aren't the 2 bolts that attach the caliper to the hub, these are the two smaller ones that attach the caliper to the pad assembly together. After cleaning, use synthetic grease(ask for synthetic caliper grease at auto zone) grease the two bolts. This should free up blocked/old gunky passageways between the caliper and pad assembly thing, and make your caliper not stick anymore. hope this helps
Old 03-14-2002 | 07:31 AM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by NmexMAX
Try cleaning out the two bolts with the rubber boot that lets the caliper slide back and forth. These aren't the 2 bolts that attach the caliper to the hub, these are the two smaller ones that attach the caliper to the pad assembly together. After cleaning, use synthetic grease(ask for synthetic caliper grease at auto zone) grease the two bolts. This should free up blocked/old gunky passageways between the caliper and pad assembly thing, and make your caliper not stick anymore. hope this helps
Yup, just be careful not to over grease the pins, or you'll be back in the same boat!

www.motorvate.ca has a good writeup.
Old 03-14-2002 | 03:44 PM

Originally posted by ejj5875

Yup, just be careful not to over grease the pins, or you'll be back in the same boat!

www.motorvate.ca has a good writeup.
thanks, i'll have to give it a try tomorrow