4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Everyone, please read!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 09:44 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Everyone, please read!

Jeez man, all the haters on the board! Where did they come from?

Almost every person on the .org that has a sig pic could be picked on! Man, people's style and tastes vary! Jeez! The constructive posts, ala "have you thought of doing this," or "that is cool, but I would do this differently," sure those are welcome....but throwing the "R" word around at fellow maxima drivers that put time, thought, creativity, and money into trying to do something unique, or just something they like, is uncalled for!

I get so annoyed at how "young" and "honda-ish" the .org is getting...especially the 4th gen forum! I have been a member almost two years, and don't have many posts, but I have always loved coming here. Even when I sold my '96 and had a 99 Accord Ex and 95Teg GSR, I hung out here. Better people, more grown up, more civil, more thoughtful, more helpful. Even when I have been serious about my Honda's, I couldn't really enjoy the Honda web-boards like I have Maxima.org.

Maybe I am just getting older, but I don't think so. Others have voiced the same concern in recent months.

One of the biggest things that bug me are the comments like "that is so played out" or "dude, the trend is going this way now" suggesting that one should conform to it! Who cares where the trend is going! Are the people that say that going to follow the trend when the in thing is to put a 12" lift on a Maxima?? (Not really likely, I know.) I remember when the hottest topic on here was "Can we get APC to make Altezzas for us??" There was an email campaign going! But now the "trend" has changed, and if you don't conform and bag the Altezza idea, you are so uncool! I don't understand it!

Even some of the Moderaters behave this way, and it is dissapointing.

Maybe I am alone, maybe not. But I think other long term members of the .org are getting a little fed up with the immaturity of it too!
Old 03-29-2002, 10:02 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Valid points ... but since it's not limited to the 4th gen forum, I'll lock this one and keep the other one open.