4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

need help on installing a varad scanner?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 08:39 PM

need help on installing a varad scanner?

hi, i got a Varad Gothic 5000B scanner. Do anyone have any idea of how to intsall this with the security system. I dont want to fool around with the fuses cuz i am afraid i'll blow something. i had try connected to the security lights, didnt work, try the clock light but wont turn on. so please help. appericated it.

p.s. i had search this forums but i couldnt find an answer. do anyone have any ideas of what other lights can you put in a maxima.
I got lights in:
-Vents
-Spot Light on pedels
-Neon flexible lights
-neon tubs under seat
thank you
Old 05-03-2002, 09:18 PM
mb1

if it doesn't turn on with the door lights, either you didn't hook it up right, or its broken.
Old 05-03-2002, 09:27 PM

Originally posted by mb1
if it doesn't turn on with the door lights, either you didn't hook it up right, or its broken.
huh ? i dont get what you said..... could anyone tell me where can i hook the scanner up so it lights when the car is turn off. ?
Old 05-03-2002, 09:52 PM
mb1

Originally posted by taggate
huh ? i dont get what you said..... could anyone tell me where can i hook the scanner up so it lights when the car is turn off. ?
You said you can't get it to turn on...
Old 05-03-2002, 10:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

There should be three wires.

Red, black and yellow (or some other color).

Red goes to a constant power source.

Black goes to a ground.

Yellow (or some other color) ----

Take a flathead screwdriver and pop out your LED security light.

There should be two wires in the back on of it.

The yellow (or other color) wire connects to one of those two wires. I forget which one. But you'll know if it workss when you connect it to either wire.

With the door open, the scanner should work if you connect it to the right wire. If the scanner does not work, try the other wire.
Old 05-03-2002, 10:17 PM

yeah i got one in my car, so i know what you're talking about. you should wire the hot thru the map light in the sunroof assembly. the assembly pops right out of the headliner. Run the wires thru the headliner (if you have time), otherwise, they usually include a strip of black wire cover, just run it up with that (doesnt look bad at all, nobody notices it in my car as I have it tucked UNDER the trim plastic of the map light). So, basically, wire the hot thru the map light hot (up there, they follow regular color schemes, red is hot and black is ground). also, run the black wire thru there inside the hose, adn ground it to bare metal up there somewhere. soldering also works (i soldered mine so i wouldnt have to loosen really tight screws up there). now, the yellow (could be diff. color too) wire or the message wire is what you have to extend. get a small roll of wire...probably around 22-24 gauge (doorbell wire, etc). tuck this all the way around the headliner, down the a-pillar, thru the dashboard crevices and into the fuse-box area. if you got an aftermarket alarm, i guess you can wire it thru the alarm console (a device/service that only runs when the alarm is engaged, preferably some type of feature/service which is engaged ONLY when the car is off). otherwise, just wire it into something in the fusebox, i wired mine into the airbag fuse. as of a year, no problems with it yet. just solder the wire to the fuse or shove the wire into there, then insert the fuse. make sure all airbag lights are off when the car is running to make sure its working. good luck...
Old 05-03-2002, 10:19 PM

whoops, i guess we both posted it at the same time. well, the idea is teh same, good luck.