4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Metal Flake Silver guage overlays for 97' Max

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2000, 02:40 PM
bjf
Newbie - Just Registered

I realize that there have been a lot of posts about white face guage overlays(Importintelligence) but no one has actually said anything about them. I just checked out the website again and I am starting to think that the white faced guage overlays look kind of cheap. But I think that the metal flake silver guage overlays for my 97' pearl white maxima with grey/black interior would look smooth. Please don't respond to this thread with something like "I think they look cool" or "my friend has them,they're tight". That won't help me at all! I want to know some specifics. IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THESE GUAGE FACE OVERLAYS, WHITE OR METAL FLAKE SILVER pleas answer some of my questions. Does anyone have some pictures right now? Are all the displays still bright at night?, as bright as without the overlays? Would the unpainted factory white needles be clearly visible with the metal flake silver guages? How long does it take to put the overlays in? If you have them, what do you think about your guage face overlays? Tell me everything, why you like them, what you like and what you don't like about them? Sorry this kind of sounds like an essay question or something. I am very picky and I don't want to put anything in my car if it doesn't look like quality stuff.
Old 11-28-2000, 03:09 PM
Master Will

Originally posted by bjf
I realize that there have been a lot of posts about white face guage overlays(Importintelligence) but no one has actually said anything about them. I just checked out the website again and I am starting to think that the white faced guage overlays look kind of cheap. But I think that the metal flake silver guage overlays for my 97' pearl white maxima with grey/black interior would look smooth. Please don't respond to this thread with something like "I think they look cool" or "my friend has them,they're tight". That won't help me at all! I want to know some specifics. IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THESE GUAGE FACE OVERLAYS, WHITE OR METAL FLAKE SILVER pleas answer some of my questions. Does anyone have some pictures right now? Are all the displays still bright at night?, as bright as without the overlays? Would the unpainted factory white needles be clearly visible with the metal flake silver guages? How long does it take to put the overlays in? If you have them, what do you think about your guage face overlays? Tell me everything, why you like them, what you like and what you don't like about them? Sorry this kind of sounds like an essay question or something. I am very picky and I don't want to put anything in my car if it doesn't look like quality stuff.

I have them go here-
http://members.cardomain.com/williamg
for pics page four. I have the white,mine are still bright to me and I'm like you very picky,When you take the faces off in the back there are some factory white bulb with some blue plastic overlay crap on the bulbs I took them out and put some real blue bulbs in from Wal-mart #194B. It took me about 2 hrs very carefully and he sends instructions to. I mean for $25.00 com'on you cannot beat this deal, I like them in every way,I did not paint my factory needles either they glow with the dash so you can still see them at night,real good,if you get the metal flake you might want to paint your needles let me know if I can help you anymore. I have recieved a bunch of emails and I have explained my story a number of times on this issue because my name is in the feedback sectiom,William Gay on the webpage he asked could he use it and I said yeah and low and behold I get at least 2 emails a day from this he needs to pay me for my honest statements in short I like them a whole bunch and would do it again.