4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

need help finding rotors

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2002, 06:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

need help finding rotors

I need a set of rotors for the front axle of my '99 minima. Don't need cross-drilled or slotted, I just want some blank rotors.

I've heard only good things about Brembo but can't seem to find a place that sells them. eatricezone.com can't get ahold of Brembo, and I've read in some old posts here that part JBR-505 should be on carparts.com but I did a search there and couldn't find it.

Anybody know where I could get some Brembo blanks, or maybe I could find some good blank rotors locally, like at PepBoys or AutoZone? If there's some other good brand of rotors I could get at one of those, like Kragen or something else, let me know. Thanks.
Old 05-11-2002, 07:52 PM

pepboys

I went yesterday to Pepboys to get my brake pads for my Max. I have never been there myself but the experience that I have with them were very positive. They did a very decent job on my max, replacing the front brake pads and resurfacing the front rotors for $140. I got the Raybesto quiet Stop pads. In fact they carry Raybestos rotors which I heard were pretty good from a few other people--and they charged on $50 a piece for them...perhaps you should do more resarch and see if you may go with this route. Or order the OEM ones from Courtesy parts?
I think there are definetely other parts that will give you comparable performance without the big bucks. I have to watch the bucks nowadays...

Originally posted by Yossarian
I need a set of rotors for the front axle of my '99 minima. Don't need cross-drilled or slotted, I just want some blank rotors.

I've heard only good things about Brembo but can't seem to find a place that sells them. eatricezone.com can't get ahold of Brembo, and I've read in some old posts here that part JBR-505 should be on carparts.com but I did a search there and couldn't find it.

Anybody know where I could get some Brembo blanks, or maybe I could find some good blank rotors locally, like at PepBoys or AutoZone? If there's some other good brand of rotors I could get at one of those, like Kragen or something else, let me know. Thanks.