4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I'm Gonna Rob Him...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2002 | 11:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm Gonna Rob Him...

Ok, so here's what happened. Basically, I had two aftermarket clutches installed in one year by the same mechanic because they kept breaking and they were still warrantied. Last night it happened again and i was so fired up. Also, my tranny is making some noises. I am going to blame his faulty work for the tranny noises. So, my plan is to get a written estimate from a different licensed mechanic who i know stating that my max definitely needs a new clutch and that malpractice has caused my unnecessary wear n tear. I know that the first mechanic has insurance and im gonna straight up rob him by making him pay for my new clutch (im going with ACT), i will have some bull**** towing charges made up, missed time at work paid for (didnt really miss anything), and hopefully a new tranny! Cuz im am so sick of expecting this clutch to break and besides i need some new parts under the hood. What do you guys think? Betchya I do it!
Old 05-30-2002 | 11:33 PM

wow, what a great attitude. not to flame here, but i hope he can prove that your charges are BS. i dont care for people that are out to get others. i dont have a problem with you getting him to pay for a new clutch and any damages and stuff, but you are not entitled to more than that. you took it to him by your own free will, thus, you have no right to pull a stunt like that.

eric
Old 05-31-2002 | 12:08 AM
Honda Convert!

This is a great idea i wish i could have come up with something so brillant as this, damn your a smart cat

Bruce
Old 05-31-2002 | 05:12 AM

He's really not screwing the guy, just the insurance. Who I feel deserves it anyway (damn $205 monthly payment!!!). The insurance would probably get involved just for the new tranny & missed time from work (which he should get regardless), he's just adding a few extra pain & suffering $$$'s. I'd do the same thing!

ps why isn't my sig working
Old 05-31-2002 | 06:20 AM

Originally posted by JR_Anders
He's really not screwing the guy, just the insurance. Who I feel deserves it anyway (damn $205 monthly payment!!!). The insurance would probably get involved just for the new tranny & missed time from work (which he should get regardless), he's just adding a few extra pain & suffering $$$'s. I'd do the same thing!

ps why isn't my sig working
Sooo ... we encourgaing insurance fraud here?

Either way ... it's dishonest.

Of course ... that's the American way.
Old 05-31-2002 | 06:54 AM

I just have a big problem with insurance these days. I'm not condoning insurance fraud or saying that it's a good or honest thing too do. It's just with my experience with insurance companies, I would do it too!

I'm sorry but I'm paying $200 a month to insure a car & a home, my house got damaged and needs the roof repaired (hail). My insurance company is saying they don't want to pay for it all ($2,700 out of $4,200 in repaires) and they want to raise my rates because of it. Such Bullsh!t!!!
Old 05-31-2002 | 08:15 AM

There is no reason why I should'nt get ANYTHING I want out of this because look at it from my point of view.....3 clutches in 12 months. Nobody deserves that
Old 05-31-2002 | 08:19 AM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

IMO I'd forget about your idea of additional fake expenses...just not kosher and it may come back to haunt you. However, for the aggravation and your personal time going back and forth I'd include.
Old 05-31-2002 | 08:36 AM

maybe its your driving
Old 05-31-2002 | 08:37 AM
rmb

Re: I'm Gonna Rob Him...

Originally posted by maximabebe
Ok, so here's what happened. Basically, I had two aftermarket clutches installed in one year by the same mechanic because they kept breaking and they were still warrantied. Last night it happened again and i was so fired up. Also, my tranny is making some noises. I am going to blame his faulty work for the tranny noises. So, my plan is to get a written estimate from a different licensed mechanic who i know stating that my max definitely needs a new clutch and that malpractice has caused my unnecessary wear n tear. I know that the first mechanic has insurance and im gonna straight up rob him by making him pay for my new clutch (im going with ACT), i will have some bull**** towing charges made up, missed time at work paid for (didnt really miss anything), and hopefully a new tranny! Cuz im am so sick of expecting this clutch to break and besides i need some new parts under the hood. What do you guys think? Betchya I do it!
Reality check time my little friend...

If he's a mechanic in a relatively small shop his "insurance" isn't going to pay a thing. It will come out of his own pocket.

If he screwed something up then he should pay to fix it correctly. If he screwed up your clutch somehow it's still pretty difficult to prove that the entire transmission is now shot because of it. Noone in their right mind would pay for your entire old worn out tranny because they messed a clutch up. Pressure plate, resurface flywheeh, clutch and all pieces sure but not a tranny.

Towing charges..... maybe if you're lucky.

"Pain and suffering" "Missed time from work".... not a chance, in court or not. No way. Unfortunately this guy is just an idiot but you can't make money off it.

Tell him you want him to pay for someone else to do it. He should go for this since he knows damn well that he probably can handle it.

Your insurance is so expensive because people like you feel the need to sue for any stupid reason.

-RMB
Old 05-31-2002 | 09:16 AM

Re: Re: I'm Gonna Rob Him...

Originally posted by rmb

Reality check time my little friend...

Your insurance is so expensive because people like you feel the need to sue for any stupid reason.

-RMB
reality check #2
and people are always going to do that, so insurance is always gonna be high, jump on the bandwagon, i love guys that dont, otherwise itd be real expensive.
Old 05-31-2002 | 10:03 AM
rmb

Re: Re: Re: I'm Gonna Rob Him...

Originally posted by Justin95SE

reality check #2
and people are always going to do that, so insurance is always gonna be high, jump on the bandwagon, i love guys that dont, otherwise itd be real expensive.
Good logic... why be part of the solution when you can be part of the problem...

-RMB
Old 05-31-2002 | 10:14 AM

Re: Re: Re: I'm Gonna Rob Him...

Originally posted by Justin95SE
reality check #2

Hey, lots of people go out and key other people's car. Might as well jump on the bandwagon and go key up as many cars as possible.
Old 05-31-2002 | 11:31 AM

I wouldn't just sue for any stupid reason, but if I'm already suing I'll add in stupid stuff to get more

Looks like some of us just have a difference in opinion. I've never screwed my insurance company, they always screw me, so if I'm ever in the position to get back at them I'll take it!
Old 05-31-2002 | 12:18 PM
Sports Button FTW

I WAS about to be like "that's so f'ed up...how can u do that to someone" but being that insurance is the only one gonna be hurting, then i say go for it...hopefully his insurance won't go up but either way, i hate insurance people, just keep robbing people....

INSURANCE IS FOR INCASE SH*T happens....so if sh*T don't happen, shouldn't i get my money back?!
Old 05-31-2002 | 12:31 PM
rmb

Originally posted by meccanoble
I WAS about to be like "that's so f'ed up...how can u do that to someone" but being that insurance is the only one gonna be hurting, then i say go for it...hopefully his insurance won't go up but either way, i hate insurance people, just keep robbing people....

INSURANCE IS FOR INCASE SH*T happens....so if sh*T don't happen, shouldn't i get my money back?!
Yeah, but I think the original poster was under the wrong impression that by screwing this mechanic that the mechanic's "insurance" would cover his expenses.

That's just not true. The mechanic will have to eat those costs since he screwed up the first times. His "insurance" would only cover something like dumping a brand new car 6 feet off his lift onto its nose. Then they'd cancel his insurance for sure...

-RMB
Old 05-31-2002 | 01:57 PM

I wont say what hes doing is ethical but i hate insurance companies also. When i had my accident last year, they refused to pay the extra cost to fix it because i didnt take it to the place they wanted me to (aka a FORD dealership) No way would i want my nissan fixed by ford. It came out great but they wouldnt pay the couple of 100 bucks extra for the labor difference, so now the place that did the work is taking them to court..... if he gets away with it, good for him they deserve to give some $$$ back to us.
Old 05-31-2002 | 02:03 PM

Someone explain this logic to me.. you are going to committ insurance fraud AND you are posting it on a public forum??? I just don't get it.
Old 05-31-2002 | 02:06 PM

Originally posted by maximabebe
There is no reason why I should'nt get ANYTHING I want out of this because look at it from my point of view.....3 clutches in 12 months. Nobody deserves that
Maybe YOU do.
Old 05-31-2002 | 05:00 PM

Re: I'm Gonna Rob Him...

I 100% agree with maximabebe! That freaking mechanic was f----ng with his car, time and money now it's his turn!
YOU ARE 100% RIGHT!!!
No insurance fraud here!
Old 05-31-2002 | 05:04 PM

Sorry ... but I think this thread has gone long enough and honestly, I'm quite sad to see the many responses to "go ahead and screw the insurance company".