4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

indiglo or autometer??? What do you think??

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 04:39 PM

indiglo or autometer??? What do you think??

I'm not sure what i want..Id like to get the indiglo gauges for the pillar mount but i was affraid that id pay well over 100 for the fuel and oil gauge itself...is it worth it for the money or should i settle for autometer..One more Question where do you suggest i should buy these? i checked on ebay and they only had the oil gauge in indiglo???? Any info would be appreciated.. Thanks everyone...
Hayden
Old 07-08-2002, 04:52 PM

Re: indiglo or autometer??? What do you think??

Originally posted by maximashorniest
I'm not sure what i want..Id like to get the indiglo gauges for the pillar mount but i was affraid that id pay well over 100 for the fuel and oil gauge itself...is it worth it for the money or should i settle for autometer..One more Question where do you suggest i should buy these? i checked on ebay and they only had the oil gauge in indiglo???? Any info would be appreciated.. Thanks everyone...
Hayden
Autometer makes pretty good gauges. Some of the ones I'm using now are almost 10 years old and have been on three other cars, and are still going strong. These are the classic black "original" style autometers, and are pretty affordable. Summit has pretty good prices and I have had no problems with service or shipping.

If you want a little more on the style side, you can look at the Ultralights (silver face, I think) or the Phantom series (white face). If you want the colored face look at night, you can change the bulbs to whatever color you want.

If you want reliability under harsh conditions, look at the pro series (liquid filled, very reliable and durable).

If you're going to use mechanical fuel and oil gauges, don't forget to order the isolators (i am not sure if they are included in the box with the gauges).

I have no idea how good indiglos are, sorry...

Hope this helps,

Quack2x
Old 07-08-2002, 05:07 PM

ya the autometer are pimp at night....you can change the color to whatever....they arent as bright as indiglo's, but if you have indiglo gauges, AND indiglo pillar gauges, that would just make me go nuts
Old 07-08-2002, 05:18 PM

Originally posted by Jamsan
ya the autometer are pimp at night....you can change the color to whatever....they arent as bright as indiglo's, but if you have indiglo gauges, AND indiglo pillar gauges, that would just make me go nuts

Thanks quack...ill look into it..thats true about the indiglo gauges and pillars to match.. thats kinda crazy huh!!fry my eyes and $hit
Old 07-08-2002, 05:29 PM

dont get me wrong, it looks cool, but itd be a little too much for me