5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Amber bulb inside the 2K headlight housing question

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002, 09:25 PM
2K1HoMax

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Legal Man to the rescue....

Originally posted by Y2KSESteve

As is mine on the white pearl. We should compare some time. I'll actually be at that park on the other side of the 51 and cactus, tonight...you could check it out if you want
which park do u mean? roadrunner?(36th st and cactus) by the time u see this its already gonna be too late, otherwise i would have stopped by.

Old 07-21-2002, 09:35 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Legal Man to the rescue....

Originally posted by 2K1HoMax

which park do u mean? roadrunner?(36th st and cactus) by the time u see this its already gonna be too late, otherwise i would have stopped by.
Geez, are you guys gonna 'sword' fight or what.....
Old 07-21-2002, 09:52 PM
2K1HoMax

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Legal Man to the rescue....

Originally posted by Texasguy

Geez, are you guys gonna 'sword' fight or what.....
...u know sometimes people like u really need to keep the smarta$$ comments to themselves. now that i look back at the thread i understand why u wrote that, even if u meant it as a joke i do not find it funny at all. would u like it if i slaped u across the face with my "sword". u dont like that comment do u, neither did i like urs. im not gonna get all angry and flip out but really grow up and keep comments like that to yourself.

Old 07-21-2002, 09:56 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Legal Man to the resc

...u know sometimes people like u really need to keep the smarta$$ comments to themselves. now that i look back at the thread i understand why u wrote that, even if u meant it as a joke i do not find it funny at all. would u like it if i slaped u across the face with my "sword". u dont like that comment do u, neither did i like urs. im not gonna get all angry and flip out but really grow up and keep comments like that to yourself.
Nice! Anyway, yea it was roadrunner, oh well, sometime lets meet up so I can have a look at yours. I think I've seen it before. If you have clear sides with blue bulbs like 3 months ago going down 40th st towards bell some night, then I think I saw it, but not that close.
Old 07-21-2002, 09:59 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Legal Man to the rescue....

LOL...don't take it so personally...just messing with you
Old 07-21-2002, 10:12 PM
2K1HoMax

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Legal Man to the rescue....

Originally posted by Texasguy

LOL...don't take it so personally...just messing with you
dude if i took it personal, trust me i would have posted alot more
****. its just that there are some people on the .org that are really dumb when it comes to jokes and they take it too far. now i dont get ****ed at poeple or send threats and ext... but i dont joke with people on here because most cant take a joke and begin to wine about it.(im not refering to u) but i just wanted to end it be4 it got worst. bottom line i hate when people say im gonna kick ur a$$ and bs like that on here knowin that they are like 800miles away from me. anyway im gettin carried away here, peace.

Old 07-21-2002, 10:18 PM
2K1HoMax

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Legal Man to the resc

Nice! Anyway, yea it was roadrunner, oh well, sometime lets meet up so I can have a look at yours. I think I've seen it before. If you have clear sides with blue bulbs like 3 months ago going down 40th st towards bell some night, then I think I saw it, but not that close.
yeah they were on 3months ago, probably me. im usually in that area day and night. if u wanna meet up sometime just pm me a time and place.

Old 07-21-2002, 10:18 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Legal Man to the rescue....

dude if i took it personal, trust me i would have posted alot more
****. its just that there are some people on the .org that are really dumb when it comes to jokes and they take it too far. now i dont get ****ed at poeple or send threats and ext... but i dont joke with people on here because most cant take a joke and begin to wine about it.(im not refering to u) but i just wanted to end it be4 it got worst. bottom line i hate when people say im gonna kick ur a$$ and bs like that on here knowin that they are like 800miles away from me. anyway im gettin carried away here, peace.
Peace to you my Maxima brotha.....
Old 07-21-2002, 10:21 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Legal Man to

yeah they were on 3months ago, probably me. im usually in that area day and night. if u wanna meet up sometime just pm me a time and place.
It looked like you were racing something, but you won, if you were. I was just headin up that other direction. Maybe there will be another max meet or somethin at the In&Out soon, if not we can meet up.
Old 07-21-2002, 10:26 PM
2K1HoMax

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Legal Man to

It looked like you were racing something, but you won, if you were. I was just headin up that other direction. Maybe there will be another max meet or somethin at the In&Out soon, if not we can meet up.
ok yeah that was definetly me. a fried of mine just bought a new VR6 at that time(which he totaled like 2weeks later, RIP VR6) and he wanted to see if he could beat me. all i know is those things run low 15's stock. his was stock and i was 2 cars ahead til we hit 110. i was surprized i held up that well, i though he was gonna smoke me.

Old 07-21-2002, 10:28 PM
2K1HoMax

im down 4 a meet or whatever.....just let me know.

Old 07-21-2002, 10:35 PM

im down 4 a meet or whatever.....just let me know.
YESSSS!!! I finally got rid of my newbie status!!
I'm so happy!! I think I'll go driving!
Old 07-21-2002, 10:40 PM
2K1HoMax

YESSSS!!! I finally got rid of my newbie status!!
I'm so happy!! I think I'll go driving!
whatever u say, lol.

Old 07-21-2002, 10:42 PM

whatever u say, lol.
The little name that they give you under the account name..you know? I'm sure you do, but i was always a newbie until now. I hated that.
Old 07-21-2002, 11:07 PM
2K1HoMax

The little name that they give you under the account name..you know? I'm sure you do, but i was always a newbie until now. I hated that.
i know what meant, it was listed maxima enthusiest or whatever since u first posted in this thread, i never even realized mine til like a week ago.

Old 07-21-2002, 11:26 PM

i know what meant, it was listed maxima enthusiest or whatever since u first posted in this thread, i never even realized mine til like a week ago.
Yea maybe some day I'll be up there! What all have you dont to your car?
Old 07-22-2002, 12:25 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Can we use those LED's that are clear during the day and light up amber at night, or is there a reason not to use them. Plus they would look pretty cool during the day.
Old 07-22-2002, 12:30 AM

Originally posted by 00MAXIST
Can we use those LED's that are clear during the day and light up amber at night, or is there a reason not to use them. Plus they would look pretty cool during the day.
Are you talking about the side markers? I have orange and red LEDs with my clear corners and they look great at night. No cop attraction from those for me anymore. I recommend them a lot, they are really bright too, specially the four LED version.
Old 07-22-2002, 06:28 AM

If you're asking whether it is legal, I haven't seen anything to suggest that LED's themselves are not legal. Since they are being used in OE tail lights, I would assume that some manufacturers out there are making LED's which meet SAE color specifications in red, but I don't know about amber. You are probably, regardless of technical legality, not going to get nailed by cops with LED's since they would not be able to visually tell the difference. As long as you're lighting up the right color, you're probably going to make it home free.
Old 07-22-2002, 10:13 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

No I am talking about the corner of the headlight, would an led be bright enough. I have seen LED's where they are clear during the day and amber or red at night I just don't know how bright they are. Also what size are they?
Old 07-22-2002, 01:06 PM

No I am talking about the corner of the headlight, would an led be bright enough. I have seen LED's where they are clear during the day and amber or red at night I just don't know how bright they are. Also what size are they?
LEDs are plenty bright I'm sure. I'm not too sure about the brightness of turn signal LED though. Its an 1157 bulb and has two filaments. They do make them in LED. Maybe I'll give it a try...
Old 07-22-2002, 06:48 PM
2K1HoMax

and about the side marker colors, it is illegal to have the polargs(which i did ) but it is not inforced, just like wearing a seatbelt, u wont get pulled over 4 it but if u get chaught speeding u will get fines 4 it. same with the lights, basically dont do nothnin wrong , but damn i have to be honest i hate the way the red and orange bulbs look compared to the hyperwhites. DAMN I HATE COPS!!!!!

Old 07-22-2002, 07:01 PM

and about the side marker colors, it is illegal to have the polargs(which i did ) but it is not inforced, just like wearing a seatbelt, u wont get pulled over 4 it but if u get chaught speeding u will get fines 4 it. same with the lights, basically dont do nothnin wrong , but damn i have to be honest i hate the way the red and orange bulbs look compared to the hyperwhites. DAMN I HATE COPS!!!!!
Yea cops suck. I had PIAA plasma blue bulbs and i actually got pulled over for those only. What sh*t. I never thought it would happen til it happened to me. IT sucked. I really liked those lights.
Old 07-22-2002, 07:20 PM
2K1HoMax

Yea cops suck. I had PIAA plasma blue bulbs and i actually got pulled over for those only. What sh*t. I never thought it would happen til it happened to me. IT sucked. I really liked those lights.
yeah they will pull you over for the blue ones, but not the hyper whites. im gonna switch mine over to the piaa extereme whites soon, my normal piaas just burnt out and i had to throw in some old bulbs i had be4, they look alirght, but still aint Piaa. i would switch over to HID but i want high beams, and the 2K2 hids cost over 1200 so forget that. i aint gonna spenf that much 4 lights (not yet anyway)

Old 07-22-2002, 11:30 PM

yeah they will pull you over for the blue ones, but not the hyper whites. im gonna switch mine over to the piaa extereme whites soon, my normal piaas just burnt out and i had to throw in some old bulbs i had be4, they look alirght, but still aint Piaa. i would switch over to HID but i want high beams, and the 2K2 hids cost over 1200 so forget that. i aint gonna spenf that much 4 lights (not yet anyway)
Why would they pull me over for blue and not white? I thought the only place white could be was in the reverse lights Oh well, I have orange and red LEDs in right now and I think I'll stay with those for awhile. HIDs are awesome, but that 1000+ pricetag sucks, and its more than i plan on paying for headlights.
Old 07-22-2002, 11:50 PM
2K1HoMax

Why would they pull me over for blue and not white? I thought the only place white could be was in the reverse lights Oh well, I have orange and red LEDs in right now and I think I'll stay with those for awhile. HIDs are awesome, but that 1000+ pricetag sucks, and its more than i plan on paying for headlights.
for the hids, u should be able to get 6000k headlights for like $400, but u lose highbeam, i dont think id really care though. im really thinkin about it.

Old 07-23-2002, 01:14 AM

for the hids, u should be able to get 6000k headlights for like $400, but u lose highbeam, i dont think id really care though. im really thinkin about it.
Well if you get it done, I would love to see yours so I can decide about mine. I really like the look of the HID lights or even the AE housing. AE's are hard to get a hold of, big time backorder from a couple places I called.
Old 07-23-2002, 08:03 AM

Well if you get it done, I would love to see yours so I can decide about mine. I really like the look of the HID lights or even the AE housing. AE's are hard to get a hold of, big time backorder from a couple places I called.
You should watch the For Sale forum. I just sold a set last week.
Old 07-23-2002, 08:06 AM

Where did you get information that Polarg bulbs are illegal? The brand itself produces legal bulbs and show-only bulbs. Which bulbs are you referring to and where did you get the information? Thanks.
Old 07-23-2002, 08:27 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Originally posted by MichaelAE
Where did you get information that Polarg bulbs are illegal? The brand itself produces legal bulbs and show-only bulbs. Which bulbs are you referring to and where did you get the information? Thanks.
He got the information from the $200 ticket he got last month. They are the xenon polarg's.....
Old 07-23-2002, 02:04 PM

Originally posted by asu174
He got the information from the $200 ticket he got last month. They are the xenon polarg's.....
Huh? So you're talking about the H4's? I thought we were talking about the 1157 bulbs. Or are you saying that the guy has a HID kit in his blinkers?
Old 07-23-2002, 02:08 PM

Huh? So you're talking about the H4's? I thought we were talking about the 1157 bulbs. Or are you saying that the guy has a HID kit in his blinkers?
Side markers. The 194/168s (I think those are the numbers). He has clear sidemarkers with the xenon bulbs.
Old 07-23-2002, 02:18 PM

Side markers. The 194/168s (I think those are the numbers). He has clear sidemarkers with the xenon bulbs.
Could you, perchance, post a link to a site which sells these xenon bulbs in 194/168?
Old 07-23-2002, 02:22 PM

Could you, perchance, post a link to a site which sells these xenon bulbs in 194/168?
http://209.87.151.155/search_results...el=3&subcat=81
Old 07-23-2002, 02:27 PM

Yeah, that's where I ordered my M-series Polarg bulbs for my front clear side-markers. Why do you call them xenon and what makes you think they are illegal?
Old 07-23-2002, 02:33 PM

Yeah, that's where I ordered my M-series Polarg bulbs for my front clear side-markers. Why do you call them xenon and what makes you think they are illegal?
The package says xenon.

That's where I got mine too. They are illegal because the bulb is blue and it is visible. At night they have a slight bluish tint to them. John (2K1HoMax) got his dismissed, but he had to go to court and get yelled at by a judge for it.
Old 07-23-2002, 02:39 PM

The package says xenon.

That's where I got mine too. They are illegal because the bulb is blue and it is visible. At night they have a slight bluish tint to them. John (2K1HoMax) got his dismissed, but he had to go to court and get yelled at by a judge for it.
As did I. Phx cops suck.
Old 07-23-2002, 02:46 PM

Ahhhh...blue bulb...gotcha. Okay, now let me explain my questions. Polarg's themselves are not illegal...it is the fact that it is BLUE which makes it illegal in your side marker. That's why I didn't understand you when you said, "it is illegal to have the polargs." In states that follow FMVSS Title 108 for their lighting laws, it IS legal to have amber Polargs in clear markers on the front. I get it now. I was thinking you were saying that all Polarg bulbs are illega, which is not the case.
Old 07-23-2002, 07:13 PM
2K1HoMax

The package says xenon.

well Andy it looks like u took care of this be4 i even had a chance to see the posts, and yeah MichaelAE i got my info from the cop that pulled me over, so did Y2KSESteve. i dont know about people on the org but i really dont like getting lectured by a "rent-a judge" (which i think is what i had) but i really want to put my polarg bulbs back it, they look alot better then the orange and red bulbs i got, i actually threw the oem ones back in the rear, but the bulbs are still the polarg ones. by this friday i will have the clears back in, i switched them all to OEM today because i dont want the body shop screwin up the clears, my car should be with the body shop all morning tomorrow, so after i get it back ill throw the clears back it, what can i say im stubborn. and about the hid's im really thinkin about gettin the 6K to replace my headlights, and H3 kit to replace my fogs...2hid kits are better then 1 (not on the wallet it isnt)
sorry 4 the long post.

Old 07-23-2002, 07:17 PM

well Andy it looks like u took care of this be4 i even had a chance to see the posts, and yeah MichaelAE i got my info from the cop that pulled me over, so did Y2KSESteve. i dont know about people on the org but i really dont like getting lectured by a "rent-a judge" (which i think is what i had) but i really want to put my polarg bulbs back it, they look alot better then the orange and red bulbs i got, i actually threw the oem ones back in the rear, but the bulbs are still the polarg ones. by this friday i will have the clears back in, i switched them all to OEM today because i dont want the body shop screwin up the clears, my car should be with the body shop all morning tomorrow, so after i get it back ill throw the clears back it, what can i say im stubborn. and about the hid's im really thinkin about gettin the 6K to replace my headlights, and H3 kit to replace my fogs...2hid kits are better then 1 (not on the wallet it isnt)
sorry 4 the long post.
WEll hey, if you do put them in and if you do it by yourself, I'd love to go and help/watch. I'm not a big electrical guy and all, but I might be able to help. Thay way I can see how it looks and all. Then maybe if I get them you caould return the favor! Let me know

Quick Reply: Amber bulb inside the 2K headlight housing question