5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Amber bulb inside the 2K headlight housing question

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2002, 07:29 PM
2K1HoMax

Originally posted by Y2KSESteve

WEll hey, if you do put them in and if you do it by yourself, I'd love to go and help/watch. I'm not a big electrical guy and all, but I might be able to help. Thay way I can see how it looks and all. Then maybe if I get them you caould return the favor! Let me know
If or more like "when" i get them ill let u know, most probably i wont want to handle the install myself (dont feel like messin up hids) but ill just have to wait and see. 4 now i have to pay the body shop tomorrow. then ill have to get the exhuast finished up and finally drop it, damnit and i need new tires too (as u can see i got alot o stuff to buy) and the hids are at the bottom of the list after all these, so later on this year is when im guessin. but im still lookin 4ward for tomorrow, not look 4ward to paying them though, ive been spending too much cash lately.

Old 07-23-2002, 07:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by 2K1HoMax

If or more like "when" i get them ill let u know, most probably i wont want to handle the install myself (dont feel like messin up hids) but ill just have to wait and see. 4 now i have to pay the body shop tomorrow. then ill have to get the exhuast finished up and finally drop it, damnit and i need new tires too (as u can see i got alot o stuff to buy) and the hids are at the bottom of the list after all these, so later on this year is when im guessin. but im still lookin 4ward for tomorrow, not look 4ward to paying them though, ive been spending too much cash lately.
What is that they are doing to your car? What are you using to drop it. I need to buy AGX & H&Rs here real soon plus a b-pipe and cat, then my exhaust will be done i think.
Old 07-23-2002, 07:43 PM
2K1HoMax

What is that they are doing to your car? What are you using to drop it. I need to buy AGX & H&Rs here real soon plus a b-pipe and cat, then my exhaust will be done i think.
maybe i should have said what they r doin to it like 3 posts ago, mybad. im throwin the stillen aero kit on. and i still havent decided what to use on the drop, maybe agx's with H&R or maxspeeds, or maybe tokicos with one of those springs. still confused so i dont know yet. most probably the AGX struts but i dont know what springs yet, want GC's but eibachs to too stiff. i dont know man i confused as hell about the suspension setup, too many combos.

Old 07-23-2002, 07:58 PM

maybe i should have said what they r doin to it like 3 posts ago, mybad. im throwin the stillen aero kit on. and i still havent decided what to use on the drop, maybe agx's with H&R or maxspeeds, or maybe tokicos with one of those springs. still confused so i dont know yet. most probably the AGX struts but i dont know what springs yet, want GC's but eibachs to too stiff. i dont know man i confused as hell about the suspension setup, too many combos.
AGX and H&R ive heard is the best. GCs are nice, but ride is a lot more harsh. Maxspeeds I wouldnt recommend cuz my buddy used them and they settle to the point where they almost sat on top of each other. I have to see your car after you get it back. I want to put that kit on so bad!
Old 07-23-2002, 08:11 PM
2K1HoMax

AGX and H&R ive heard is the best. GCs are nice, but ride is a lot more harsh. Maxspeeds I wouldnt recommend cuz my buddy used them and they settle to the point where they almost sat on top of each other. I have to see your car after you get it back. I want to put that kit on so bad!
check ur PMs

Old 07-23-2002, 08:41 PM

well Andy it looks like u took care of this be4 i even had a chance to see the posts, and yeah MichaelAE i got my info from the cop that pulled me over, so did Y2KSESteve. i dont know about people on the org but i really dont like getting lectured by a "rent-a judge" (which i think is what i had) but i really want to put my polarg bulbs back it, they look alot better then the orange and red bulbs i got, i actually threw the oem ones back in the rear, but the bulbs are still the polarg ones. by this friday i will have the clears back in, i switched them all to OEM today because i dont want the body shop screwin up the clears, my car should be with the body shop all morning tomorrow, so after i get it back ill throw the clears back it, what can i say im stubborn. and about the hid's im really thinkin about gettin the 6K to replace my headlights, and H3 kit to replace my fogs...2hid kits are better then 1 (not on the wallet it isnt)
sorry 4 the long post.
Yeah, I'm with you on the illegal blue bulbs. I thought you guys had amber Polarg bulbs and got ticketed.