5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Watch out for S60

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 06:36 PM

Originally posted by 00MAXIST
Why do you keep on saying that the volvo will kick the Maxima's butt? We have already established that a 2k2 Maxima will run faster in the quarter mile and that the Volvo will win from a roll and in the top end. So how do you like seeing a Max's *** at the track?
See...the problem is that the WE represents biasedp opinion...Now, you are adding to your ignorance by claiming that the Maxima will outhandle a T5...[sigh]...what has this world come to? Drive your little car and then go to a Volvo dealership and drive a T5 with 17" wheels even without the sport suspension option. And see which car handles better through the curves.

Yannis
Old 08-15-2002, 06:46 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by GrecianVolvo

See...the problem is that the WE represents biasedp opinion...Now, you are adding to your ignorance by claiming that the Maxima will outhandle a T5...[sigh]...what has this world come to? Drive your little car and then go to a Volvo dealership and drive a T5 with 17" wheels even without the sport suspension option. And see which car handles better through the curves.

Yannis
Did you know that all you are doing is making you look really stupid?
Think about it, you are arguing that your Volvo is better on a Nissan board! Go watch some TV or something... Better yet, go outside and enjoy life.

Do you think that you will get ANYTHING out of this conversation?
Geez! I know it's the Internet but...

GET A LIFE!
Old 08-15-2002, 06:49 PM

Drive your little car and then go to a Volvo dealership and drive a T5 with 17" wheels even without the sport suspension option. And see which car handles better through the curves.

Yannis
Drive your big wagon and then go to a nissan dealership and drive a SE with 17" wheels even without the HLSD option. And see which car handles better through the curves.
Old 08-15-2002, 06:53 PM

Originally posted by costcowholesale

Drive your big wagon and then go to a nissan dealership and drive a SE with 17" wheels even without the HLSD option. And see which car handles better through the curves.
Oh, believe me...I have done more than twice during the last 3 months. part of my job is to "mystery-shop" and/or to "mystery test-drive" other cars (mainly imports). I have test-driven more than 35 different models so far, this year...

Yannis
Old 08-15-2002, 06:55 PM

Oh, believe me...I have done more than twice during the last 3 months. part of my job is to "mystery-shop" and/or to "mystery test-drive" other cars (mainly imports). I have test-driven more than 35 different models so far, this year...

Yannis
cool
Old 08-15-2002, 06:56 PM

Originally posted by Amazing2

Did you know that all you are doing is making you look really stupid?
Think about it, you are arguing that your Volvo is better on a Nissan board! Go watch some TV or something... Better yet, go outside and enjoy life.

Do you think that you will get ANYTHING out of this conversation?
Geez! I know it's the Internet but...

GET A LIFE!

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA...Don't go postal on me!!! Why are you rasing your blood pressure? Not good for your health! You should have fun like everyone else, here.

I am here (don't worry, it is temporary) because something SILLY caught my eye and decided to state some facts. So what if it is your board? Come to the Volvo board and have fun with us...What happened to the "Freedom of speech"?

Take it easy and follow what you preach: ENJOY LIFE!!! Sheesh!!!

Yannis
Old 08-15-2002, 06:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yannis
FYI I replied to your post, I am eagarly awaited your response
Old 08-15-2002, 06:59 PM

Yannis
little cars ,well aren't you the man with a 14 sec family wagon ,whoa everyone watch out now
Old 08-15-2002, 07:02 PM

Originally posted by quansung 2
little cars ,well aren't you the man with a 14 sec family wagon ,whoa everyone watch out now
Um, I don't think anyone who owns a Maxima can make fun of anyone else's "family" car.
Old 08-15-2002, 07:04 PM

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA...Don't go postal on me!!! Why are you rasing your blood pressure? Not good for your health! You should have fun like everyone else, here.
Don't worry Yannis, I'm relaxed.

I'll let Emax, Sprint or one of the other members finish this thread.
I'm going to get some good zzzzz thinking about a Maxima ^%$#!* a T5.
Old 08-15-2002, 07:05 PM

Originally posted by voltman

Um, I don't think anyone who owns a Maxima can make fun of anyone else's "family" car.
Old 08-15-2002, 07:07 PM

Don't worry Yannis, I'm relaxed.

I'll let Emax, Sprint or one of the other members finish this thread.
he keeps missing my post though
Old 08-15-2002, 07:14 PM

Flame, Flame,
I can beat any Maxima here with my other car but there are thousands of cars that can beat me >>SO??
Old 08-15-2002, 07:15 PM

You guys have such an inferiority complex that it is beyond being funny. I am still reeling from your comment especially after reading in another thread that some guy's Maxima could not beat a BMW 328!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! A THREE-TWENTY EIGHT!!! Not that it is a pushover but if anyone would read all of your comments here, your cars should be racing Corvettes and kicking their butts big time not...LOSING TO BMW 328s!!!!!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I highended and walked away from a 328 when I was stock....and I have a 2k....a 3.0L.

Does this mean anything? Does it prove that Maxima is a faster car than 328? By posting that, it only proves one thing:

Originally posted by emax95

Your lack of maturity is shining here once again.
Old 08-15-2002, 07:17 PM

Originally posted by see5
Flame, Flame,
I can beat any Maxima here with my other car but there are thousands of cars that can beat me >>SO??
What does your Vet run?
Old 08-15-2002, 07:23 PM

Originally posted by voltman

um ,i'm not making fun of his car just his attitude ,he owns a 14sec wagon which yeah thats nice and all but to come here calling maximas rice burners and little cars when according to his people i know track times would have trouble with running a lot of maximas here some stock.
Old 08-15-2002, 07:28 PM
VQ Wizard

What does your Vet run?
I think his Vette runs gas... I could be wrong.

Id like to race a Vette. A Volvo would be waste of gas.
Old 08-15-2002, 07:28 PM

What does your Vet run?
12.2 but that is not my point.
This is not a forum for I have more ***** than you and it should be safe. We need to exchange info and help each other rather than search for superiority.
I enjoy my Maxima and we all do!
Old 08-15-2002, 07:34 PM

It is always nice to dream...

Yannis
Old 08-15-2002, 07:36 PM

Originally posted by see5

12.2 but that is not my point.
This is not a forum for I have more ***** than you and it should be safe. We need to exchange info and help each other rather than search for superiority.
I enjoy my Maxima and we all do!
Hey nice time, I get your point BTW. It just get's annoying sometimes when someone has no clue as to what there talking about..
Old 08-15-2002, 07:44 PM

Hey nice time, I get your point BTW. It just get's annoying sometimes when someone has no clue as to what there talking about..

[YAWN]...I did not come here to just boast about a Volvo being supreme to Nissan. If you have followed this thread from its beginning, you will understand what caught my eye and the reason I lingered here for the last couple of days; As far as to who does not have a clue, I do not want to further this already "beaten to death horse" thread so I (personally) will stop here. It has been fun and I will probably come to visit you guys again...Maxima is a nice car for its money but what can I say? It is not a...Volvo! [thank God!]

Keep on driving and, perhaps, I will meet one of these Y2ks or whatever you call them on the road, then let the good times roll!

Yannis
Old 08-15-2002, 08:03 PM

...I did not come here to just boast about a Volvo being supreme to Nissan.
Ummkay...

Seriously, if you don't see any cockiness,immaturity, arrogance or boasting in ANY of your post in this thread so far, there really isn't anything we can do at this point. The first step is to admit you have a problem.

Most of us guys have no problems with Volvo's. In fact, the majority love and respect them. The only thing I see that WE has the MAXIMA community have a problem with is your attitude. Bring it down a notch, stop the **** talking, and like emax said, try to have an intelligent conversation that contains swaping of useful information and factual statements. Admit when you are wrong, stop trying to correct yourself to makeup for your mistake. Your only digging a deaper whole. Your not here to earn respect like you told emax, thats great, then get out because if this attitude continues, no one is going to respect you on this board and every post you reply to will end if a flame war, something we try to reduce on this forum. We love our cars, its obvious you love your car alittle too much, especially if your bragging about being a 14 second car, which incidentally, is what our cars run also stock. This is a MAXIMA forum, if you noticed, most threads are full of level headed responses, but yes we do have a few who ruin it, and one of them is you.

Face it, your a troll. In otherwords, your only intent is to stir up an arguement, which is quite obvious despite the fact that you 'think' your here to pass facts (YOUR NOT). Where are the facts? NO WHERE. What do owners of those stock Volvo's run? Thats something I see you haven't asnwered yet.

I especially love your line where you said that Maxima has to be revved to too 3,800rpm's to make its TQ... This is exactly what most of us, including me, are talking about, YOUR ATTITUDE aka arrogance.

You keep inplying that you respect the Maxima's engine, show it Sheesh!

No flames intended on my post, its just a suggestion and my point of view from your post. You can reply, although I can't even begin to think of what you have in store... Your entitled to your own opinion.

p.s. I'm Miss Cleo, I can predict your going to make an immature comment about my spelling and grammer.
Old 08-16-2002, 05:08 AM

Originally posted by ScreamingVQ

Seriously, if you don't see any cockiness,immaturity, arrogance or boasting in ANY of your post in this thread so far, there really isn't anything we can do at this point. The first step is to admit you have a problem.
Uhmmm..yeah...sure...whatever you say...Let's see who is the one with the "problem", Dr. "Freud"...

Most of us guys have no problems with Volvo's. In fact, the majority love and respect them.
Hmmm, I would not say that, based on the initial responses before I got involved. Some of you, yes...the majority...DOUBT it! You guys boast about your cars like they are the bst thing next to sliced bread. You even find moronic comments about "killing easily" a BMW 330...PUHLEEZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing I see that WE has the MAXIMA community have a problem with is your attitude
OK, DR. "FREUD", that confirms my initial thought as to WHOhas the problem here...hehe. Thanks, for contradicting yourself.

Bring it down a notch
I did, but you are too busy being an idiot to notice.

stop the **** talking, and like emax said, try to have an intelligent conversation that contains swaping of useful information and factual statements
So, what are the "useful informations and factual statements"? Admitting that your BRAINWASHED "facts" are true?

stop trying to correct yourself to makeup for your mistake.
Excuse me? Speak for youself!

Your only digging a deaper whole.
Wow...wonderful English! I was going to excuse your grammatical error in "your" but..."WHOLE"??? And "deaper"??? WHat are you trying to say?

We love our cars, its obvious you love your car alittle too much
And you should!!! Nothing wrong with that! As far as how much I love my car, let me worry about that

This is a MAXIMA forum, if you noticed, most threads are full of level headed responses
Are you sure aboutn that? Like "a MAxima will walk all over a T5" or "a MAxima can easily kill a BMW 330"? Very LEVEL HEADED! I would like to read some of the off the wall comments, that...should be pretty entertaining!

but yes we do have a few who ruin it, and one of them is you.
I am not the one who wrote the above nonsense...

Face it, your a troll. In otherwords, your only intent is to stir up an arguement
OK, this confirms to me that you are an idiot. Here is the definition of a troll, courtesy of the Webster Dictionary:

Pronunciation: 'trOl
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English
Date: 15th century
transitive senses
1 : to cause to move round and round : ROLL
2 a : to sing the parts of (as a round or catch) in succession b : to sing loudly c : to celebrate in song
3 a : to fish for by trolling b : to fish by trolling in <troll lakes> c : to pull through the water in trolling <troll a lure>
intransitive senses
1 : to move around : RAMBLE
2 : to fish by trailing a lure or baited hook from a moving boat
3 : to sing or play in a jovial manner
4 : to speak rapidly
- troll·er noun

You keep inplying that you respect the Maxima's engine, show it
You are too busy in trying to put me down, so I am not surprised you cannot see it.

No flames intended on my post
Who is trying to dig him/herself out of his/her own hole here??? I would like to see a post where you really flame! Hahaha!

Your entitled to your own opinion
The ONLY intelligent comment from you, so far...

p.s. I'm Miss Cleo, I can predict your going to make an immature comment about my spelling and grammer.
OH, so I am not the first one who has pointed that out, huh? That's OK though...be happy that it is a deficiency that can be corrected through some additional studying!

Have a good one! I enjoyed this one thoroughly!!!

Yannis
Old 08-16-2002, 06:48 AM

seriously, you're causing nothing but trouble. i didn't even bother to read what you said, and i'm sure other people are doing the same. this thread turned pointless long ago. none of us are going to "walk away"...this is our forum. i'm asking in as gentlemanly a manner as possible that i think it would be best if you left this forum for awhile. read your first post - the words were very inciteful. you're waving around the notion of free speech, but use some common sense. you obviously thought the comment about the max beating the volvo was ignorant. do you always treat people who you think make "ignorant" comments with that kind of disrespect? if you do, that's rude and only reflects on your greater insecurity. i hope that this instance was only an exception and not an indication of your personality as a whole.

read my sig - it applies perfectly to you.

best regards.

Uhmmm..yeah...sure...whatever you say...Let's see who is the one with the "problem", Dr. "Freud"...

Hmmm, I would not say that, based on the initial responses before I got involved. Some of you, yes...the majority...DOUBT it! You guys boast about your cars like they are the bst thing next to sliced bread. You even find moronic comments about "killing easily" a BMW 330...PUHLEEZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, DR. "FREUD", that confirms my initial thought as to WHOhas the problem here...hehe. Thanks, for contradicting yourself.

So, what are the "useful informations and factual statements"? Admitting that your BRAINWASHED "facts" are true?

Wow...wonderful English! I was going to excuse your grammatical error in "your" but..."WHOLE"??? And "deaper"??? WHat are you trying to say?

And you should!!! Nothing wrong with that! As far as how much I love my car, let me worry about that

Are you sure aboutn that? Like "a MAxima will walk all over a T5" or "a MAxima can easily kill a BMW 330"? Very LEVEL HEADED! I would like to read some of the off the wall comments, that...should be pretty entertaining!

OK, this confirms to me that you are an idiot. Here is the definition of a troll, courtesy of the Webster Dictionary:

transitive senses
2 a : to sing the parts of (as a round or catch) in succession b : to sing loudly c : to celebrate in song
3 a : to fish for by trolling b : to fish by trolling in <troll lakes> c : to pull through the water in trolling <troll a lure>
intransitive senses
- troll·er noun

You are too busy in trying to put me down, so I am not surprised you cannot see it.

Who is trying to dig him/herself out of his/her own hole here??? I would like to see a post where you really flame! Hahaha!

OH, so I am not the first one who has pointed that out, huh? That's OK though...be happy that it is a deficiency that can be corrected through some additional studying!

Yannis
Old 08-16-2002, 07:00 AM

ok, you know what?? i was going to leave my post as is, but then i caught a glimpse of this post below...who the F*CK do you think you are??? what are you doing correcting the man's grammar!?!?!? HOW F*CKING OLD ARE YOU! get over yourself. you must have some serious inferiority complexes going. you come to another forum, start ridiculous crap, and then you're childish enough to correct people's grammar. if you want, i can point out several grammatical errors in your post as well. many can play. sorry to get sucked down to your level, but people like you will only learn by being beaten at their own game.

transitive senses
intransitive senses
- troll·er noun

Yannis
Old 08-16-2002, 07:19 AM

You are totally out to lunch on this one. Please do not try to be a Volvo expert if you are not educated on the brand...Ford has bought Volvo's CAR DIVISION. They have nothing to do with the design, production or quality control of the Swedish cars. NADA! Their [Ford] job is to contribute in the financial operation of the business, establish and execute administrative processes, enhance the Safety Centre in Goteborg and integrate Volvo's safety concepts into their products (plus rake in the profits; Volvo is the only brand of the Ford's Premier Automotive Group making money, right now).

You guys have such an inferiority complex that it is beyond being funny. I am still reeling from your comment especially after reading in another thread that some guy's Maxima could not beat a BMW 328!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! A THREE-TWENTY EIGHT!!! Not that it is a pushover but if anyone would read all of your comments here, your cars should be racing Corvettes and kicking their butts big time not...LOSING TO BMW 328s!!!!!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I understand it is a bitter pill to swallow losing to a European car, especially a wagon...but that is life in the BIG CITY (where Eurpoeans RULE)!

Yannis
I've saw, lots of idiots like you in my life but to be honest, you beat all of them hands down, plus your are arrogant and so unpleasant, I have a suggestion get the fock outta here no one like you or want you here, time for you to have a bit of dignity, otherwise keep making a fool of yourself it make me laught to see a moron like you trying to look important. How about that POS.

AA
Old 08-16-2002, 07:50 AM

Originally posted by Young04
ok, you know what?? i was going to leave my post as is, but then i caught a glimpse of this post below...who the F*CK do you think you are??? what are you doing correcting the man's grammar!?!?!? HOW F*CKING OLD ARE YOU! get over yourself. you must have some serious inferiority complexes going. you come to another forum, start ridiculous crap, and then you're childish enough to correct people's grammar. if you want, i can point out several grammatical errors in your post as well. many can play. sorry to get sucked down to your level, but people like you will only learn by being beaten at their own game.