5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

*sigh* problems already.. really loud squeeking when taking turns?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 01:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

*sigh* problems already.. really loud squeeking when taking turns?

I was afraid this was gonna happen. I just bought my 2k2 maxima se 6spd not but 2 weeks ago from this last friday, and I'm already having problems. When taking turns, not like turns onto another street, but i guess its curves in the road, I can hear a loud high pitched squeeking noise coming from the driver's side of the car. Has anyone else had this problem or heard of anything like this? I don't knw where to begin when checking for car problems. I thought it may be the transverse linkage problem that a lot of people have been talking about, but when I first bought the car I specifically had the service guys to make sure my car was in the clear for that TSB, and sure enough my car wasn't in the list of VIN numbers that were affected.

So I'm at a loss as to what is wrong.
I love this car, I really hope its nothing serious.

Thanks guys/gals, desperate, and I do apologize if its been mentioned before, I'm doing the search thing right now, but posting this just in case.
Old 08-20-2002, 02:02 PM

I think I'm going to go test drive around some more curves here in town to see if I can pinpoint exactly when it does it. I didn't remember braking when going around the curves, BUT if I was putting down the brakes then that could be it I suppose. I just wouldn't think somethign would be wrong so early. :/

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, please PLEASE post them here. I think Thursday I'll take it by the dealership also.

Thanks guys/gals.
Old 08-20-2002, 02:48 PM

Ok, I just got back from taking it around the curvy section of my neighborhood. It seems to happen most when you curve/veer to the left. I could only really recreate it twice. I even just went around in circles in a couple culdesacs and got nothing. Am I just over reacting? A friend of mine said it could just be some of the parts settling in since it is new. Sort of how houses sometimes just creak and squeak from settling into their foundation. I really don't know what to think or do. If it happens again when I'm out tonight and especially on the way and home from work tomorrow, I'll take it in to the dealership on Thursday.

I am still defintely wanting the forum's opinion and thoughts. I did a search and came up with a few matches, but nothing specifically to this. One fellow had some squeaks from the driver's side rear wheel area, but that was from his rear sway bar. I'm totally stock.

Thanks to those that do reply or have thoughts on the situation.
Old 08-20-2002, 04:02 PM

you are overreacting. i'm sure it's nothing. just chill and enjoy the max.
Old 08-20-2002, 07:59 PM

It's probably the Bridgestones squealing! Take it easy on those curves

Seriously, you never indicated if you were actually braking or not when the noise occurs... Check the rotors on that side and make sure there are no marks on them (like something metallic rubbing against the rotor). I was also going to suggest a squealing pwr steering belt but you indicated that it seems to come from the driver side... The belt(s) is on the passenger side...
Old 08-20-2002, 08:23 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Youve got a PM replicant....