5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Anyone have an OSCAI?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 02:45 PM

Anyone have an OSCAI?

I have a SES light going on, and I need to go to the dealer. I already pulled the frankencar, but I remembered when I put my K&N panel filter off, I cut off the end of that round part of the air scoop to get a little more air into the filter. Naturally, I don't want to go to the dealer with that cut. Does anyone have one they don't need. I'm willing to buy it and/or borrow it. I live in L.A. or would pay postage and a fair price.
Old 08-20-2002, 03:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Anyone have an OSCAI?

Originally posted by sighere
I have a SES light going on, and I need to go to the dealer. I already pulled the frankencar, but I remembered when I put my K&N panel filter off, I cut off the end of that round part of the air scoop to get a little more air into the filter. Naturally, I don't want to go to the dealer with that cut. Does anyone have one they don't need. I'm willing to buy it and/or borrow it. I live in L.A. or would pay postage and a fair price.
I wouldn't be too concerned, sighere. It would be hard for the dealer to deny warranty coverage because more air is getting into the intake than originally intended. Plus, the odds are they'll never look at the air scoop if there's nothing attached to it.
Old 08-20-2002, 04:59 PM

Re: Re: Anyone have an OSCAI?

Originally posted by y2kse

I wouldn't be too concerned, sighere. It would be hard for the dealer to deny warranty coverage because more air is getting into the intake than originally intended. Plus, the odds are they'll never look at the air scoop if there's nothing attached to it.
I did consider that, but what I really don't want to take off is the UDP and the Y pipe, so I didn't want to give them cause to start sniffing around. Do you have any ideas what the problem could be. The car hauls a$$, and runs great. I thought the SES was from the frankencar, but when I put the stock intake on the SES went back on within a day.
Old 08-20-2002, 05:44 PM
Got Bent?

You need to get the code read using a scan tool....
Old 08-20-2002, 07:23 PM

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE
You need to get the code read using a scan tool....
I went to Autozone, but their reader would not register anything. I have since read that the manufacturer only shares some of the codes with the aftermarket readers, and that for some codes you need to go to the dealer. I guess my other question is can you read them manually off of the ECU like the older cars which would flash a code on the instrument panel.
Old 08-21-2002, 05:03 AM
Got Bent?

Originally posted by sighere

I guess my other question is can you read them manually off of the ECU like the older cars which would flash a code on the instrument panel.
unfortunately, no. You need a scanner....