5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Ok who is this??? 2k2 in the 12's

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 09:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by healer886
if it is a stock max you can only put a 25 shot in it thats all it can handle with out ****ing up the hole car thats bull**** there is no hundred shot it goes from 75 right up till 125 i have a 50 shot in my 2k and it went from 15.8 to 14.7 best run chiped as well best run auto.
25shot? whose your dealer? cuz whatever your smoking, i want some.
Old 08-26-2002, 09:13 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by SkylineGTR

25shot? whose your dealer? cuz whatever your smoking, i want some.
Don't waste your words Skyline, - this guy is a no-knowledge troll.

And his grammer is atrocious!

Shaydz
Old 08-26-2002, 09:16 PM

Shaydz!

Whatta ya doing up so late? Don't you have work tomorrow? You do pretty well for such an old guy ;-)
Old 08-26-2002, 09:20 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

What a piece of garbage ! .. Only a 25 shot. Did you know School girl, that the internal components in a Max , Crankshaft etc.. are better, and stronger than the ones I had in my 89 12 second Stang, and my 96 WS6 ?? What colon have you been inserting your tongue in ?? A 2K2 can safely handle a 100 shot, and even more, with proper safeguards, and fuel delivery... Go beg your daddy for a shopping cart wing for your AMC Pacer !
Old 08-26-2002, 09:20 PM

Originally posted by SkyDaver
Shaydz!

Whatta ya doing up so late? Don't you have work tomorrow? You do pretty well for such an old guy ;-)

I know, I know- I'm a night owl anyway - avg 5 - 5 1/2 hrs a night.

If we run tommorow, you'll see the baggage I'll be carrying - under the eyes. I'll bring my walker

Shaydz
Old 08-26-2002, 09:22 PM

Originally posted by kloogy
What colon have you been inserting your tongue in ??
ROFLMFAO!!!!

That's it - I'm done. Gotta be up at 6:00
Old 08-26-2002, 09:24 PM

Originally posted by Shaydz

I know, I know- I'm a night owl anyway - avg 5 - 5 1/2 hrs a night.

If we run tommorow, you'll see the baggage I'll be carrying - under the eyes. I'll bring my walker

Shaydz
Well, the weather looks wet for tomorrow, but I'm going to head out at lunch anyway ... can't wash our cars here in NC, so I'll let the rain do it.

Lessee. Be supervising driver for son in the morning, take his Civic back to the house, Max to work...

(and I've got a couple of years on you, too but this is it for tonight. I think.)
Old 08-27-2002, 04:12 AM

Originally posted by SkyDaver

Well, the weather looks wet for tomorrow, but I'm going to head out at lunch anyway ... can't wash our cars here in NC, so I'll let the rain do it.

Lessee. Be supervising driver for son in the morning, take his Civic back to the house, Max to work...

(and I've got a couple of years on you, too but this is it for tonight. I think.)
Next morn - If we meet up today, I'll bring "your" walker"!

Shaydz
Old 08-27-2002, 05:15 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by SR20DEN
You also have given NO proof of the info you posted in this thread
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=94844

So i suppose since you can't even keep your lies straight between your debates and your profile. You are some 13 year old kid who can't even drive daddys car. I tell you what kid. Have Daddy drive you to Rockingham one weekend and I'll even let you ride in my car as I trip the lights in the 12's. Would you put a cork in it then?
Busted
Old 08-27-2002, 03:58 PM

Congrats on the 12!!!
Old 08-27-2002, 04:04 PM
VQ Wizard

Originally posted by MardiGrasMax
Congrats on the 12!!!
Thanks Mardi.

You're next right???
Old 08-27-2002, 04:19 PM

Congrats!!!
damn 12's....thats sweet
Old 08-27-2002, 07:23 PM

Originally posted by SR20DEN

Thanks Mardi.

You're next right???
I sure hope, alls I need is some track time and cool weather. I'm moving to DC soon so I'll have the cool weather but the time wont be their for a few months I LOVE MY FAMILY, REALLY I DO!!!
Old 08-30-2002, 05:43 PM

ok, not to be a **** or anything....

but when watching that video, I counted the seconds from launch until the clock showed your time..

14 seconds...

on top of that, the clock which is incredibly non-visible and we can only take your word for it, looks like 14 instead of 11...

as for timeslips and dyno plots, anyone can photochop those..

im not saying a max can't do 12s, but you'd need to probably strip the interior, hook up with some slicks, and mod your car much more than you already have modded it.....

if you could run 12s NA, I'd guess you could runs 10s supercharged and that just isn't right...

I really hope you are right, though.. cuz I plan to buy a new MAX SE and that would be awesome if you could hit 12s with only a 70 shot of nos....

As for the other guy who's "with me": healer886

He is a complete moron... Any stock motor allows for nos up to 1/2 of the stock hp. Therefore, the max should be able to handle 125 shot no problem....

and i don't think there is a such thing as a 25 shot - what would be the point!
Old 08-30-2002, 06:41 PM

Originally posted by maxcosity

but when watching that video, I counted the seconds from launch until the clock showed your time..

14 seconds...

on top of that, the clock which is incredibly non-visible and we can only take your word for it, looks like 14 instead of 11...

im not saying a max can't do 12s, but you'd need to probably strip the interior, hook up with some slicks, and mod your car much more than you already have modded it.....

if you could run 12s NA, I'd guess you could runs 10s supercharged and that just isn't right...

I really hope you are right, though.. cuz I plan to buy a new MAX SE and that would be awesome if you could hit 12s with only a 70 shot of nos....

He is a complete moron... Any stock motor allows for nos up to 1/2 of the stock hp. Therefore, the max should be able to handle 125 shot no problem....

Cynical Sally!
Do your homework!
Check his previous slips - not just this one, but previous ones. It's incremental increases.
He's running a type of car that does low 14's stock.

Add UDP, Intake , Lowered to cut lift, lightened rims, slicks, a number of other additions and he's running a 70 - 100 shot of nitrous. You don't think that can shave off 1.2 seconds?

People here know him. Others were there witnessing it - at the track.
Blubyu2k2 was there along with others. Why would SR2 lie if it would be so easy to snag him on it.
You are right - healer886 is an idiot. And I don't lump you in with him because you make some very observant points - if SR20DEN was an unknown.

He's not though. He's one of the primary knowledge bases here on mixing internals, Nitrous and Maximas.

This isn't just IMO, it's the opinion of quite a few here.
kudos for his 12 bracket. Got more ***** to mod his car up than I do.

Shaydz
Old 08-30-2002, 07:10 PM
Blu
the tits

14 seconds...

wow one post and you talking out of your ***. Man read his posts timeslips and mods. why even post this crap here it is totally bogus. By the way can you photoshop a video which clearly shots 110 mph trap speed which is the exact time on his slip. So you and healer go find another newbie to pick on and quit doubting people who have timesip, video, and witnesses to prove what they have accomplished. Ohh and one more thing
Old 08-30-2002, 10:03 PM

Originally posted by blubyu2k2

wow one post and you talking out of your ***. Man read his posts timeslips and mods. why even post this crap here it is totally bogus. By the way can you photoshop a video which clearly shots 110 mph trap speed which is the exact time on his slip. So you and healer go find another newbie to pick on and quit doubting people who have timesip, video, and witnesses to prove what they have accomplished. Ohh and one more thing
HAHAHHAHA! Matt, you are so tactful sometimes.

But you are on the money.

Shaydz
Old 08-30-2002, 10:04 PM

Oh so having only one post makes me a moron, eh? then you must be a loser for being that close minded....

For your information, I only registered to post this, as I'm a ways away from purchasing, but I wanted to read up on these cars and figured I'd express my opinion...

Sorry about "not doing my homework" I didn't know we were going to be quizzed on this ****.. Nah, actually I'll admit I did "no homework" and thus I didn't know he's been getting better and better over time.. All I know is what I saw and that is this post... That said, it is more beleivable if he's been increasing over time, but I didn't know that at the time of this post so -- oh well..

You'd think if it was this easy to run 12s, you'd all be running 12s now - since Nitrous, if used wisely (and 70hp is pretty safe on these engines) is so easy to come by and use... so I ask you why aren't y'all using it? cuz you know it's more involved than that..

I'm not accusing him of being a liar, but I am questioning the integrity of this post... guys are all the same - they try to act better than one another by measuring they're.. horsepower.. ya know? can you seriously disagree with me? I'm a guy so I ****in know.

Anyways, I still question the validity of this and am waiting to see REAL videos that you can actually see in..

As for that "clearly shows 100mph" trap times -- are you smoking crack? I beg you to tell me where the heck it says 100mph on that lightboard? In fact, looking again it looks like it says 95 at the top and 14.XXX at the bottom!

As for "me and healer" picking on a newbie -- uhh, I am a "newbie" myself and beleive me I'm not here to make enemies or "start ****" I'm just here to express my opinion..

So S20DEN, when ya gonna run again and show us some real vids?

And the rest of you, when are you guys gonna show up SR20DEN and give him a run for his 12second money..

Laters...
Old 08-30-2002, 10:35 PM

Nah, actually I'll admit I did "no homework" and thus I didn't know he's been getting better and better over time.. All I know is what I saw and that is this post... That said, it is more beleivable if he's been increasing over time, but I didn't know that at the time of this post so -- oh well..
Good retraction. He's been building this car for a while.

You'd think if it was this easy to run 12s, you'd all be running 12s now - since Nitrous, if used wisely (and 70hp is pretty safe on these engines) is so easy to come by and use... so I ask you why aren't y'all using it? cuz you know it's more involved than that..
You are correct - it is way more involved (both in time of DD, money and dedication).
If I had the funds (and the ***** to do this on such a new car) to go so hard in the face of my warranty, I would. But to be honest, probably not with the same diligence as SR2. Why doen't we all go this path? Hell of a step on a car your paying on - need the warranty intact, etc. Knowing what you now know about the strength of these cars, Go plunk 28K down and I ask you, would you? You can, you know... reach those 12's. Few people have the chutzpah.

Anyways, I still question the validity of this and am waiting to see REAL videos that you can actually see in..
Versus, what ? Fake videos? Do you think this is some grand conspiracy against your maxima knowledge? He ran the race, someone shot the tape. People were there cheering him. End of story. Sorry the quality wasn't like F& F (which perhaps is your favorite film right now - sorry - getting into the groove now). That's how it is at night races with less than commercial quality recording equipment.

I'm just here to express my opinion..

Fair enough. But when you are calling someone a liar (that "I'm not accusing him of being a liar, but ..." shiat don't fly - It's like " That boy has a harddest time tellin the truth, bless his heart" )
We don't really care if we convince you. Just be more prepared before you call bull**** on someone.

So S20DEN, when ya gonna run again and show us some real vids?
He did. What do you have to show us....

Shaydz (Sorry, kinda lost my )
Old 08-31-2002, 06:00 AM
Blu
the tits

Umm did you watch the right video I think not. The clock blurry says 110 with no ET cause the clock was messed up that night. As for not believing be ran a 12 sec pass who gives a *** what you care man. Everyone has seen it believed it even the Acura guys were there to so ask them MORON. You post crap like this saying you don't want to start $hit well what do you expect buddy. Matt went there expecting to hit 12's so he brought a video man to tape it for non believers like yourself. Why is it so hard to believe for a you. Wherever you saw 14.xx @ 94 you must have pulled it out your *** because its not even close. Well I guess I will wait for you next uneducated response to respond to
Old 08-31-2002, 06:59 AM

Not to many people are willing to sacrifice the new car warranty and the engine for nitrous. The 3 year 36k bumper to bumper and 5yr 60k powertrain are out the window. If something should go wrong there's a very limited number of used 3.5 VQ's on the market and the cost will be high. It's awful hard to make a $400+ car payment when you have a maxima with a blown motor sitting in the driveway.
Old 08-31-2002, 07:43 AM
Administrator

this video link was posted on surpa forums ..

http://www.supraforums.com/showthrea...threadid=67871

you want to know why no one is calling BS? i mean even the guy who had a negative comment is not calling BS..

look at the car in the next lane.. its a ws6 Transam.. those things have known to run low 13's.. high 12's bone stock.. you want to know why no one is calling BS on his run? because they know that any car that can run a ws6 is f#cking moving down the track.. based on that run.. if he did actually run 14 secs.. that would mean that the ws6 ran 15 - 16 secs..

everyone knows that supraforums is the most brutal place on the net for race videos and track runs.. and trust me.. if its BS .. supra forums will let you know.. and the mere fact no one called BS and is actually prasing the run.. its no BS..
Old 08-31-2002, 08:04 AM
Blu
the tits

I can't believe it I actually agree with you By the way did anyone see 14 sec @ 94 mph???

Originally posted by SprintMax
this video link was posted on surpa forums ..

http://www.supraforums.com/showthrea...threadid=67871

you want to know why no one is calling BS? i mean even the guy who had a negative comment is not calling BS..

look at the car in the next lane.. its a ws6 Transam.. those things have known to run low 13's.. high 12's bone stock.. you want to know why no one is calling BS on his run? because they know that any car that can run a ws6 is f#cking moving down the track.. based on that run.. if he did actually run 14 secs.. that would mean that the ws6 ran 15 - 16 secs..

everyone knows that supraforums is the most brutal place on the net for race videos and track runs.. and trust me.. if its BS .. supra forums will let you know.. and the mere fact no one called BS and is actually prasing the run.. its no BS..
Old 08-31-2002, 11:04 AM

alright, whatever...

you guys are just too smart for me...

later.
Old 08-31-2002, 11:06 AM

alright, whatever...

later.
A slightly retarded monkey is too smart for you.
Old 08-31-2002, 12:54 PM

I'm not accusing him of being a liar, but I am questioning the integrity of this post... guys are all the same - they try to act better than one another by measuring they're.. horsepower.. ya know? can you seriously disagree with me? I'm a guy so I ****in know.
Did you not notice that this whole thread started at the Acura CL forum:

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=78505

Where they themselves (therefore NOT biased) mentioned the run?

SR20DEN didn't just post a thread here advertising his time. It was another .org member asking who ran the 12.9 from seeing the CL-S guys talking about it. Personally, I think seeing the "enemy" mention it first is a good sign of validity. Backed up with a video/timeslip and the fact that he's known here makes it pretty much irrefutable.

Just expressing my logic...
Old 08-31-2002, 03:22 PM
Administrator

alright, whatever...

later.
since my left nut knows how to work with my right nut to produce enough sperm to make your mother pregnant.. i would say even my left nut is smarter than you
Old 08-31-2002, 07:50 PM
VQ Wizard

Guys,

I greatly appreciate that 99% of you have backed me up and not questioned the validity of the task I did. I put tons of hours and dedication into finaly getting into the 12's. I deliberatley didn't post it here becasue I wanted the actions to speak for themselves which is exactly how it happend. And as many of you have observed, I expected to come home that night with a 12's timeslip so I brought someone to video the runs. The camera used was an old RCA VHS-C camcorder that had trouble focusing on the tree ligths. Obviously I was unaware of the problem untill I saw the videos for myself. To make matters worse, the left tree wasn't showing the times but was showing the speed. In all of my other runs that night I was in the right lane. But that one time I made the mistake of running in the left lane.

When we all go back in October the video will probably be filmed in broadcast quality. My videographer is on the verge of investing in $8000 worth of video equipment because he does freelance videography. If video from that event doesn't convince everyone then I have no freaking clue as to what will.

The Silver Transam in the video ran a 13.786 @ 104.35mph. I scanned the timeslip and posted it in another section for everyone to see. I am not sure that car was a WS6 but I believe it was a slightly older model with an LT1 under the hood instead of an LS1. The other black TransAm that I raced in another video may have been an LS1 because he trapped the lights at 107mph.

There also seems to be some miscommunicaton as to how much Nitrous I am really using. According to NOS I should be running a 175 shot of Nitrous Oxide at the crank. But for some reason it is only showing up as a 103hp gain at the front wheels. Thats why everyone says I am running a 100 shot. I still have the stock exhaust except for the RT cat which did absolutley nothing for me on the dyno. My only other engine mods are a K&N cone filter and a UR UDP. Other car mods include a set of Eibach springs and a set of 22x8-15 Mickey Thompson ET drag slicks mounted on 15x7 TSW Revo wheels. And for added precaution I used 100 octane unleaded racing gas that I bought from citgo. If I tally up the total I spent on the car right now including all engine mods, suspension mods, gauges and tires it comes to about $2200. And If I had it to do all over again I could be going faster right now for less money. I am not satisfied with where I stand at the moment so I will keep pushing this car untill I achieve my original goals. Don't publicly ask me what they are because I won't publicly say since I don't want to bring on the flames. I will say that I intend to keep the car in it's daily driven state with full interior and quiet exhaust. I don't care how much extra work I have to do, Im not going to run down the track with a fart pipe exhaust. But it will get modified soon for better flow.

If any of you have more specific questions then please email me and I'll do my best to answer them. Debates are fine but please don't flame each other. It doesn't make any of us look good when we flame a newbie for not already knowing the history of events. But again I appreciate those of you who backed me up and am pleasantly suprised that things went this far before someone did question me.

Old 09-01-2002, 02:10 PM

Well said!

How many bottle refills to get that 12 sec run?
Old 09-01-2002, 02:16 PM

I counted around 13 exact from his launch.. someone cant count
Old 09-01-2002, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by MardiGrasMax
Well said!

How many bottle refills to get that 12 sec run?

I am realy disapointed that you are going to DC and not MA
Old 09-01-2002, 04:50 PM

I am realy disapointed that you are going to DC and not MA

If I can get special dispensation I'l be making some of the NE meets.
Old 09-01-2002, 05:50 PM

since my left nut knows how to work with my right nut to produce enough sperm to make your mother pregnant.. i would say even my left nut is smarter than you

to Sprintmax and Axel and the others who have taken this personally and decided it is more appropriate to call me names and talk about their wives in a condescending manner, **** off..

SR20DEN: I'm glad to hear that it wasn't what you originally said, because a 75shot just didn't make things click..

Now a 175 shot and 100 ocatane race gas makes it sound more believeable... although that sounds like too much nos for a mostly stock engine...

Like I said at the beginning, I didn't come here to start ****, so quit trying to make me out to be someone like that... I just wanted the facts...
Old 09-01-2002, 05:58 PM

to Sprintmax and Axel and the others who have taken this personally and decided it is more appropriate to call me names and talk about their wives in a condescending manner, **** off..

Uhhh...can you please point out where in my post I called you names?

Just curious really.
Old 09-01-2002, 06:17 PM
VQ Wizard

Now a 175 shot and 100 ocatane race gas makes it sound more believeable... although that sounds like too much nos for a mostly stock engine...

Again, I am only putting 313hp to the wheels which is only a 103hp gain over normal. There will be alot more to come in the future and it's certainly not too much to be running on a stock Nissan. Don't confuse a Nissan engine with one from Honduh or some of the domestics; they are built vastly different.
Old 09-01-2002, 06:59 PM