5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Nissan A/C Questionnaire

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 01:57 PM

Nissan A/C Questionnaire

I received a questionnaire from Nissan in the mail today. It is a detailed questionnaire asking me numerous questions about the performance of the A/C system in my Maxima. Is this routine or does it suggest that something else is going on ?
Old 09-12-2002, 01:58 PM
jjs

Re: Nissan A/C Questionnaire

Originally posted by SptBiz
I received a questionnaire from Nissan in the mail today. It is a detailed questionnaire asking me numerous questions about the performance of the A/C system in my Maxima. Is this routine or does it suggest that something else is going on ?
Very interesting...I have always thought the Max AC was lacking. Hope more of these were mailed out and we can all indicate a lack of satisfaction.
Old 09-12-2002, 02:13 PM

Re: Re: Nissan A/C Questionnaire

Originally posted by jjs

Very interesting...I have always thought the Max AC was lacking. Hope more of these were mailed out and we can all indicate a lack of satisfaction.
My A/C stinks bad when you first turn it on, but besides that it'll freeze you out of there after a few minutes. Also stinks when you hit just the MODE button to let outside air in. Smells like a wet damp musty dog. Goes away once the A/C is turned on and running for about a minute. I've heard of something clogging and causing mold in there, anybody else have this or can elaborate???
Old 09-12-2002, 02:14 PM
jjs

Re: Re: Re: Nissan A/C Questionnaire

Originally posted by MNMax

My A/C stinks bad when you first turn it on, but besides that it'll freeze you out of there after a few minutes. Also stinks when you hit just the MODE button to let outside air in. Smells like a wet damp musty dog. Goes away once the A/C is turned on and running for about a minute. I've heard of something clogging and causing mold in there, anybody else have this or can elaborate???
Do you have the in cabin filter? Has it ever been changed?
Old 09-12-2002, 02:17 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Nissan A/C Questionnaire

Originally posted by jjs

Do you have the in cabin filter? Has it ever been changed?
Nope, not that I'm aware of. I have a 2000 SE Auto bought early so I have the 16"ers and no auto dim mirror, only 3.0L, etc.
Old 09-12-2002, 02:20 PM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Re: Re: Re: Nissan A/C Questionnaire

Originally posted by MNMax

If you do a search, there is mold/mildew on your coil. There is a specific product to use to get rid of this. I kills the contaminant on the coil.
Old 09-12-2002, 02:23 PM

Questionnaire : Major Categories

Initial A/C Cooling Performance
A/C maintains Cooling Performance
A/C Smell / Odor
Window Fogging
A/C Controls

Nissan wants me to fill out the questionnaire and provide a written summary of Likes & Dislikes. They also state that they may contact me for additional info.
Old 09-12-2002, 02:27 PM

Re: Questionnaire : Major Categories

Initial A/C Cooling Performance
A/C maintains Cooling Performance
A/C Smell / Odor
Window Fogging
A/C Controls

Nissan wants me to fill out the questionnaire and provide a written summary of Likes & Dislikes. They also state that they may contact me for additional info.

I want a survey!!!!

Initial is fair, holds ok, definitely stinks like mold at first, windows fog in the winter not summer, controls are ok since it's Auto but you gotta go up or down 5 degrees to notice any diff or it seems to blow the same. Had to get my .02 in.
Old 09-12-2002, 02:50 PM

Re: Nissan A/C Questionnaire

Interesting. We just had our max repaired under warranty since the AC stopped completely. The dealer was mysterious about the repair describing it to my wife as a "plate" on the condenser. I will follow up and ask them to point out this "plate" to me.

Other than this problem it has worked well with no bad smells.
Old 09-12-2002, 03:04 PM

Mine takes a while to get going, but works well with no smells.

'02 by the way