5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

An incident with a VERY expensive car....(long)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2002, 09:56 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

An incident with a VERY expensive car....(long)

An incident that happend earlier this summer:

I was heading home from my office in Manhattan (NYC) and was driving on the Long Island Expressway heading out (east) at around 12:30 in the morning. I was driving at about 65-70mph minding my own business when I notice up ahead another car.
At this time of the morning the LIE is rather empty, so I am about 800-1000 feet(4-5 city blocks) behind what looks like a Jeep Wrangler traveling in the left lane. I then see the Wrangler signal to move into the middle lane of the highway and that is when I notice that another vehicle was in front of the Jeep in the left lane. The Jeep had moved into the middle lane for only about 5 seconds when I see this other unidentified (as yet) vehicle cut in front of the Jeep into the middle lane. After a few seconds the Jeep signals and cuts back into the left lane.....low and behold the other vehicle cuts him off again. The Jeep goes into the middle lane again and this other guy, yet again, cuts in front of him.
I am now curious as to what this other vehicle is, so I decide catch up to both of them and I am now doing about 85mph as I speed towards both. As I get within 300 feet of both, I notice the Jeep gave up and was slowing down; now in the middle lane. I now see the unidentified vehicle is a............Bentley Mulsanne Turbo!
This guy must have seen that someone else (me) was coming up behind him and speeds up to 95mph; thinking that I would give up. I am on his tail at 95 when I see we are catching up to 3 cars in each of the 3 available lanes almost 3 abreast. We both make a move towards the middle lane; seeing that the middle car would be first to break free of the other two.
As middle car clears the other 2 on either side, the Mulsanne Turbo breaks right and guns it and I break left and gun the Maxima.
We are now doing 105 and he is ahead about 2 car lengths. We reach 115mph when he moves into the middle lane and I am now right next to him and pulling on him. He was going to try and cut me off but it was too late. As I look over I saw that he was an older guy with a woman next to him. The look on his face was priceless as I pulled away from him at 120mph and moved into his lane so he could see the MAXIMA emblem on the back. Just to leave no doubt in his mind I took it up to about 135mph......he was soon a blip in my rearview.

Here was an ***, with a car costing over 10 times as much as mine, trying to be king of the road..............That night he was humbled......................and that night he learned JAPANESE
Old 09-22-2002, 10:20 PM

oh man thats sweet!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2002, 10:30 PM

"put your hands up in the air and wave em like you just don't care!" Thats beautiful!
Old 09-22-2002, 11:03 PM

That's great! BTW, I've seen one parked on my college campus for the past two weeks. I've seen a Viper GTS, Ferrari Maranello, Bentley Mulsanne Turbo (dark blue one..kinda like a Nautica blue), new SL 550, tons of M3s. BTW, all of these cars were parked and appeared steadily over the course of several weeks. The only thing i haven't seen on campus is a Lambo.
Old 09-22-2002, 11:11 PM

Originally posted by Maximum Velocity
That's great! BTW, I've seen one parked on my college campus for the past two weeks. I've seen a Viper GTS, Ferrari Maranello, Bentley Mulsanne Turbo (dark blue one..kinda like a Nautica blue), new SL 550, tons of M3s. BTW, all of these cars were parked and appeared steadily over the course of several weeks. The only thing i haven't seen on campus is a Lambo.
may i ask which school you go to?
Old 09-22-2002, 11:33 PM

probably beverly hills 90210
Old 09-23-2002, 06:45 AM

Originally posted by BioMaxDDS
may i ask which school you go to?
The home of the Hurricanes.
Old 09-23-2002, 07:38 AM

Re: An incident with a VERY expensive car....(long)

Originally posted by SterlingMist00

I was heading home from my office in Manhattan (NYC) and was driving on the Long Island Expressway heading out (east) at around 12:30 in the morning. I was driving at about 65-70mph minding my own business when I notice up ahead another car.
At this time of the morning the LIE is rather empty, so I am about 800-1000 feet(4-5 city blocks) behind what looks like a Jeep Wrangler traveling in the left lane. I then see the Wrangler signal to move into the middle lane of the highway and that is when I notice that another vehicle was in front of the Jeep in the left lane. The Jeep had moved into the middle lane for only about 5 seconds when I see this other unidentified (as yet) vehicle cut in front of the Jeep into the middle lane. After a few seconds the Jeep signals and cuts back into the left lane.....low and behold the other vehicle cuts him off again. The Jeep goes into the middle lane again and this other guy, yet again, cuts in front of him.
I am now curious as to what this other vehicle is, so I decide catch up to both of them and I am now doing about 85mph as I speed towards both. As I get within 300 feet of both, I notice the Jeep gave up and was slowing down; now in the middle lane. I now see the unidentified vehicle is a............Bentley Mulsanne Turbo!
This guy must have seen that someone else (me) was coming up behind him and speeds up to 95mph; thinking that I would give up. I am on his tail at 95 when I see we are catching up to 3 cars in each of the 3 available lanes almost 3 abreast. We both make a move towards the middle lane; seeing that the middle car would be first to break free of the other two.
As middle car clears the other 2 on either side, the Mulsanne Turbo breaks right and guns it and I break left and gun the Maxima.
We are now doing 105 and he is ahead about 2 car lengths. We reach 115mph when he moves into the middle lane and I am now right next to him and pulling on him. He was going to try and cut me off but it was too late. As I look over I saw that he was an older guy with a woman next to him. The look on his face was priceless as I pulled away from him at 120mph and moved into his lane so he could see the MAXIMA emblem on the back. Just to leave no doubt in his mind I took it up to about 135mph......he was soon a blip in my rearview.

Here was an ***, with a car costing over 10 times as much as mine, trying to be king of the road..............That night he was humbled......................and that night he learned JAPANESE
thumbs up guy! nice kill!
Old 09-23-2002, 11:27 AM

In reality...what would you rather own? I would take the bentley and trade it in for a skyline gtr for SHOWING OFF, g35 coupe for the weekends, nissan 350z as a "beater car", and finally a Subaru WRX STi for lots of fun!!! Oh yeah, I would get another Maxima so I can still be a member of this club.
Old 09-23-2002, 11:42 AM

nice..........

it brings my much joy to hear what you did.....love you man, not really though... and it all happened with a 2k!! Ya-hooooooooooo!
Old 09-23-2002, 12:04 PM

Re: An incident with a VERY expensive car....(long)

Originally posted by SterlingMist00

and you're an auto too? did you shut O.D off? also did you drop the shifter down to 2?
Old 09-23-2002, 02:50 PM

All I can say is PRICELESSssssss...........
Old 09-23-2002, 06:05 PM

Thanks guys. It was indeed a priceless kill. I turned off O.D. as I sped up to catch them. So I was at the top of 3rd when I finally reached them.

Oppama, Japan (not anymore)........enough said!
Old 09-23-2002, 06:21 PM

What was the expression on the wife's face? Were her feet pressed up against the dash in front of her?

Gotta give it to her though...at least she LET him bring it up to that speed. My wife woulda been screaming at my @ss!
Old 09-23-2002, 06:26 PM

you're lucky

Originally posted by Green Ox
What was the expression on the wife's face? Were her feet pressed up against the dash in front of her?

Gotta give it to her though...at least she LET him bring it up to that speed. My wife woulda been screaming at my @ss!
hey at least you have a wife! I don't even have a girlfriend. It's okay..I have a long time until I even think about getting married.

psst: to the girls of maxima.org I am 5'10'' Dark haired and dark eyed, seventeen (well on 10/03/02 i will be), and I like long walks on the beach....
Old 09-23-2002, 06:39 PM

Re: you're lucky

Originally posted by GLE02NJ
hey at least you have a wife! I don't even have a girlfriend. It's okay..I have a long time until I even think about getting married.

psst: to the girls of maxima.org I am 5'10'' Dark haired and dark eyed, seventeen (well on 10/03/02 i will be), and I like long walks on the beach....
Take your time when entertaining the word "marriage"...until after you've been with about 20 or 30 girls. Then decide. You'll have figured out exactly what you want in a woman by then--and vice versa. Take my word for it!

If I only knew then what I know now about girls, especially high school girls... my high school years would have been alot more memorable. Teenage guys got it made these days. HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS DID NOT LOOK LIKE THIS WHEN I WAS IN SCHOOL!
Old 09-23-2002, 07:57 PM

great kill man...
Old 09-24-2002, 07:56 PM

Originally posted by Green Ox

Her expression was pretty laid back. She was on the car cellphone talking. As far as letting him bring it up to that speed.....let's just say that she looked like a younger "kept" woman. I don't think she wanted to disturb the "gravy train"....smart woman....she probably peed in her panties and on that fine leather while he was at speed.
Old 09-24-2002, 08:17 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

As far as bentley's go, that is a slow and old Bentley. If you see a newer one ever try to mess with ya... Take your foot off the pedal and let him go. They will make you eat **** ! .. That thing had to be an 85 model or so......
Old 09-24-2002, 08:20 PM

Originally posted by kloogy
As far as bentley's go, that is a slow and old Bentley. If you see a newer one ever try to mess with ya... Take your foot off the pedal and let him go. They will make you eat **** ! .. That thing had to be an 85 model or so......
c'mon now! you are ruining the environment of this thread. A Bentley is a Bentley. You can still say "I beat a Bentley"

By the way, are there any old model ferrari's that the 2k2/2k3 maxima can take?
Old 09-24-2002, 11:23 PM

Originally posted by kloogy
The point of the article was to share an experience with my fellow org members about an impromptu race with an autombile costing about 3x as much as our cars with respectable numbers.

If you were paying attention, the car was a BENTLEY MULSANNE TURBO...not the newer ARNAGE type T or R. Keeping that in mind, the car in question has a 0-60 of about 7.2 seconds and a top speed of about 135-140mph. So "As far as bentley's go" the car is not slow, especially considering the enormous weight of the cars.

That was his downfall, having to move all that weight at speeds above 100mph and having the poorer drag coefficient to boot.

Bottom line....the guy in the Mulsanne Turbo, whether an '85 or a '90, got to know the meaning of Oppama, Japan that night and he was handed his hat.

By the way, thanks for the props Kloog
Old 09-25-2002, 07:38 AM
ATt

way to go