5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

NEWS FOR 2k2 HESITATION

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 08:14 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

NEWS FOR 2k2 HESITATION

I took my car to alta nissan and went on a test drive with a mechanic..

He told me that he is totally aware of the gay a$$ bogging and hesitation that all 2k2-2k3's suffer. Infact the driveablilty problems taht we all suffer ie. on off throttle jerk was also noted by this mechanic.

He has told me that there will in fact be an ECU reprogram to decrease the sensitivity of the drive by wire and some other ECU updates for hesitation.

He checked his recent CD's (TECH stuff) and nothing came up yet. I asked about this 12month wait period however he said that this is BS and not true. He said that there has been times were ECU updates were performed on certain cars as early as 3 months.

THis mechanic has stated that he drives a 6speed 2k2 max and it suffers from all the complaints that we have had so far. So there is hope for us..

ED
Old 09-25-2002, 08:24 PM

Re: NEWS FOR 2k2 HESITATION

Originally posted by MiniRX7

He told me that he is totally aware of the gay a$$ bogging and hesitation that all 2k2-2k3's suffer. Infact the driveablilty problems taht we all suffer ie. on off throttle jerk was also noted by this mechanic.

He has told me that there will in fact be an ECU reprogram to decrease the sensitivity of the drive by wire and some other ECU updates for hesitation.

He checked his recent CD's (TECH stuff) and nothing came up yet. I asked about this 12month wait period however he said that this is BS and not true. He said that there has been times were ECU updates were performed on certain cars as early as 3 months.

THis mechanic has stated that he drives a 6speed 2k2 max and it suffers from all the complaints that we have had so far. So there is hope for us..

ED

That's good news, if he really does have the inside track. Just like we thought, an ECU reprogram---I knew it.

Fingers crossed...

ARFF
Old 09-25-2002, 08:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

does this apply to automagic too?
Old 09-25-2002, 08:57 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

the 12 month rule was regardling fuel cut, hence emissions. that came out in an arbitration dispute with Nissan. It could be total bs, but they alledgedly used it in the hearing with engineers. :/

I'm sure they can flash the ECU at any time.. the fuel mapping may be another story.
Old 09-26-2002, 06:27 AM

I wonder why this problem seems to occur more often when the outside temp is high. As it has started to cool down here, I'm experiencing the delay less. I sure hope they come up with a fix....this is driving me nuts.
Old 09-26-2002, 09:04 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I live in Toronto as well (assuming you live in Toronto or GTA ) where was this dealership located? ive never heard of it

ED
Old 09-26-2002, 09:15 AM

Re: Re: NEWS FOR 2k2 HESITATION

Originally posted by Kewjoe
I live in Toronto as well (assuming you live in Toronto or GTA ) where was this dealership located? ive never heard of it

Alta Nissan Rocks! I met the owner at a track day once, (he races too) really nice guy and is "mod" friendly. He was encouraging me to get an intake. Ther are two dealerships, one in Woodbridge and the other in Richmondhill.

http://www.altanissan.com
Old 09-26-2002, 09:28 AM
OG and counting...

<<< ought to take a trip to Toronto for that purpose alone.
Old 09-26-2002, 09:32 AM

Originally posted by Aggie Jurist
I wonder why this problem seems to occur more often when the outside temp is high. As it has started to cool down here, I'm experiencing the delay less. I sure hope they come up with a fix....this is driving me nuts.
I agree My 02 SE does it less in cooler temps, but still it annoys the heck out of me. I wonder if the 350 and Altima suffer from this as well.
Old 09-26-2002, 07:02 PM
swallac2

Originally posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
I agree My 02 SE does it less in cooler temps, but still it annoys the heck out of me. I wonder if the 350 and Altima suffer from this as well.
No, not the 350z it couldn't happen there. After all it is a $30k car, you couldn't have a car that expensive with such a problem.

Oh wait the Maxima is a 30K car.....

Old 09-26-2002, 07:09 PM

Re: Re: Re: NEWS FOR 2k2 HESITATION

Originally posted by MaxRPM

Alta Nissan Rocks! I met the owner at a track day once, (he races too) really nice guy and is "mod" friendly. He was encouraging me to get an intake. Ther are two dealerships, one in Woodbridge and the other in Richmondhill.

http://www.altanissan.com
Nice sig..
Old 09-26-2002, 07:18 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: NEWS FOR 2k2 HESITATION

Originally posted by gtr_rider

Nice sig..
I'm trying to get my dragracing pic in with it but I suck at Phtoshop.
Old 09-26-2002, 07:30 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NEWS FOR 2k2 HESITATION

Originally posted by MaxRPM

I'm trying to get my dragracing pic in with it but I suck at Phtoshop.
I have been following these post about the hesitation. I have still not gotten my question answered. What is the hesitation, and how do you make it happen????
Old 09-26-2002, 08:27 PM

Some of us have been experiencing a hesitation from dead stop during normal driving. The car hesitates and then lurches. It weems to happen more during hot days. Many of us have been really bothered by this problem b/c techs can't figure where the problem is (hell, the last one told me that is normal...what BS). Hopefully, we're closer to an answer.
Old 09-28-2002, 09:27 AM

ED
Please keep us posted...
Old 09-28-2002, 06:00 PM
swallac2

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NEWS FOR 2k2 HESITATION

Originally posted by Bulldawg

I have been following these post about the hesitation. I have still not gotten my question answered. What is the hesitation, and how do you make it happen????
Drive with your foot steady on the gas in 2nd gear at like 20mph. Now slowly step into it. You don't have to stomp it. The car will hesitate and then run. It happens in all gears. The one thing that I have noticed is that once it happens it won't generally happen again until you stop. i.e. it won't do it in every gear as you speed up. But if it doesn't happen in say 2nd gear you can make it happen in 3rd. When it happens it feels just like an automatic's torque converter unlocking when you step down on any automatic car.

Old 09-28-2002, 07:10 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I will track this problem down and get to the bottom of this..

ED
Old 09-29-2002, 03:11 PM

Originally posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
I have an 02 Altima SE and yes indeed it does suffer from this problem. I have an Auto.
Old 10-01-2002, 07:42 PM

Thanks for the info. I also notice when the outside temperature is cold, the car hesitates less. Anyway, I havd my car since June, and the hesitation problem is still there.

alan