5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Car broken into, EVERYTHING Stolen and damaged

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 12:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

so sorry to hear about this.....I believe they have watched u for a while and keep an eye on ur apartment, knows when u r up and when u go to sleep.....

sorry man......hope there is some way to have the insurnace to cover it. like asking the owner of the property to cover some of it.
Old 09-30-2002, 12:37 PM

I say we all find the bastard(s) who did this and have a maxima.org HANGING! That's after some of us treat the person(s) to a nice face beating.
Old 09-30-2002, 01:10 PM

DAMN!! Sorry to hear about this BS...hope you find these thiefs and give 'em what they deserve!
Old 09-30-2002, 01:11 PM

Originally posted by Igor911
I say we all find the bastard(s) who did this and have a maxima.org HANGING! That's after some of us treat the person(s) to a nice face beating.
maxima.org lynch mob!

I'm in!
Old 09-30-2002, 01:15 PM

One week ago today some a-hole took my bike out of my apartment garage. It was not just your typical crotch rocket, either. It was a Ducati 996. I paid 16 for it when it was new and needless to say, it was far from stock. The dude managed to get into the parking garage and hotwire it. The witness claimed that he did this at 8:30 at night so he aparently didn't care who saw him.

I completely understand what you are going through. I will not spend another dime on my car/bike until I get my own garage with a very large dog looking out for my stuff.
Old 09-30-2002, 01:18 PM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Originally posted by Maxima Dan
One week ago today some a-hole took my bike out of my apartment garage. It was not just your typical crotch rocket, either. It was a Ducati 996. I paid 16 for it when it was new and needless to say, it was far from stock. The dude managed to get into the parking garage and hotwire it. The witness claimed that he did this at 8:30 at night so he aparently didn't care who saw him.

I completely understand what you are going through. I will not spend another dime on my car/bike until I get my own garage with a very large dog looking out for my stuff.
Dude, I am sorry to hear your bike got ripped off. My buddy just lost his in Seattle. People saw them rip of the covers and locks, called the cops and they did not respond. He is in the process of suing the city for negligence.

As for BigDog...good luck in your quest of getting your stuff back. I hope something goes well for ya soon. You have been getting the back end of the stick for a while.
Old 09-30-2002, 01:24 PM

Sorry if this is off sublect but I live in Portland, OR and know of a Aprillia getting ripped off just blocks from me a few days earlier. I think there is something funny going on along the west coast.
Old 09-30-2002, 03:16 PM

I may be a little nieve about how these things go (never been broken into, knocks on all the wood around), but would the police be able to take some finger prints from the car? If it is an 'inside' job, then if you have any suspects, just compare finger prints and you have your man. If I were you have I had finger prints, I would actually have everyone I know figerprinted, these days you can't trust anyone.
Old 09-30-2002, 04:09 PM

Funny, when my bike got ripped off the cop didn't even want to see the garage where it was taken from. There was a surveilance camera that they never reviewed the tape. I am totally shocked at how little was actually done. It is like if no one is killed they don't give a ship. All they said to me was that they will "add it to their hot list", they never even posted flyers around the apt. complex looking for information.
Old 09-30-2002, 04:21 PM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
Also to top it off, just talked with my brother and he said they took also the Wheel lock nut key and loosened some bolts on the pass front tire. So they were trying to tax those.

Now I got no clue how to get the wheels off, plus the pass side is missing 3bolts, and probably the others are loose. This just get better and better......

Nice, $6000 wheels are worthless, and cant drive the car. Plus the holes the bolts go in are over 4"s deep, no way to crack that wheel lock off without destroying the wheels.

Dixit
I feel your pain, I had my system stolen coulple of years back and I know how I felt. The price wasnt even close to what u paid, andI was ****ed. Hope u find those Fu*&s. BTW just take your car to any tire shop and they will be able to take the bolts off. I saw it done one time they heat them up and they comer right off. Good luck with everything
Old 09-30-2002, 05:33 PM
lcf

dooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

Old 09-30-2002, 07:47 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I had a Civic Si stolen 3 yrs ago..they took everything too. Go to the Snap-On Tools web site: http://www.snapon.com/ You can buy a 1/2 inch drive socket that will remove lock lugs without the key..It is a reverse threaded socket that grabs the outside of the lug and gets tighter on the lug as it rotates. It will probably damage the lug, but you will able to remove and replace it and NOT have to cut it off. It was about $50 plus shipping. I had to buy one because I lost the key and had a flat. Took 2-3 days to arrive.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:53 PM

I had a Civic Si stolen 3 yrs ago..they took everything too. Go to the Snap-On Tools web site: http://www.snapon.com/ You can buy a 1/2 inch drive socket that will remove lock lugs without the key..It is a reverse threaded socket that grabs the outside of the lug and gets tighter on the lug as it rotates. It will probably damage the lug, but you will able to remove and replace it and NOT have to cut it off. It was about $50 plus shipping. I had to buy one because I lost the key and had a flat. Took 2-3 days to arrive.
Old 10-01-2002, 07:31 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: this doesn't help

Originally posted by RB26DETT
sorry about your loss, but having a web-site showcasing all your audio equuipment doesn't help. And to top it off there is this photo from you web-site.

so everyone knows your car, what city you live in and your license plate number. I never understand why people do this, I mean dammmn, there are people out there that take from others for a living. Your website was just an invite. good luck..............
Well that doesnt matter cause that License plate no longer was on the car. Secondly I dont care for blanking out the license plates, its not like it aint public when you drive on the road. Plus I dont think it mattered since I had the stickers on the side that kinda made it easier regardless of the license plate.

I am calm now, been calm after 8hrs of when I heard about it. I am just going to get my money, return the car to stock, and possibly sell it for a Domestic Vehicle. I know before yall get your panties in a bunch I am thinking about a C5 or a 2003 SVT Cobra Mustang.

Dixit
Old 10-01-2002, 07:34 AM

Re: Re: this doesn't help

Well that doesnt matter cause that License plate no longer was on the car. Secondly I dont care for blanking out the license plates, its not like it aint public when you drive on the road. Plus I dont think it mattered since I had the stickers on the side that kinda made it easier regardless of the license plate.

I am calm now, been calm after 8hrs of when I heard about it. I am just going to get my money, return the car to stock, and possibly sell it for a Domestic Vehicle. I know before yall get your panties in a bunch I am thinking about a C5 or a 2003 SVT Cobra Mustang.

Dixit
Then I'll be first to ask for those HID'S
Old 10-01-2002, 07:53 AM

Dixit
You will be a great loss to the community. I hope the best for you dixit.

I really hope you find this person (these people) and things get somewhat back to normal for you.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:15 PM

Hey, when I hear thing like that only 5 words come to my mouth Louisville slugger in da face.

Cheers

AA
Old 10-01-2002, 06:31 PM

Dixit
From Japanese to American??? Come on now, you know the issues there. Those cars just don't last. The engine may last but everything around it falls apart.
Old 10-01-2002, 09:00 PM

Re: Re: Re: this doesn't help

Then I'll be first to ask for those HID'S

How do you know if he is selling them?
Old 10-02-2002, 05:58 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: this doesn't help

Originally posted by Cutlr7
Read his post above, looks like he's going to put his car back to stock and sell it. That means parts for sale .
Old 10-02-2002, 06:27 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: this doesn't help

Originally posted by Cutlr7

I was not hoping to buy them, I thought he would give me them as a going away present
Old 10-02-2002, 09:46 AM
C2MAX

same exact thing happend to me! i know exactly how u feel man. i walked out to my car to find glass on the floor, looked in the car to see a big hole in my dash! they took the a/c vents and heater control unit the cd player, 2 ppi amps and a box w/2 jl audio w-6. this was in my drive way in front of my house. shiet happens. ins. co. just paid 5500.00 to put my car back the way it was. u got pictures to prove it! so let em know - sorry to hear the bad news i hope everything works out. -rudy

Old 10-02-2002, 10:31 AM

BigDog, My biggest condolences.

Definitely inside job. Someone knew where your stuff was. No way a common thief would have pried your seat up to get what was under there. Too much trouble for what it's worth, too much risk getting caught.

Who installed your stuff and how long ago? One thing I'd consider is looking at the installers as suspects.

This was EVIL dude! I'm so sorry!

Tony
Old 10-02-2002, 12:03 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: this doesn't help

Originally posted by Tanman

Read his post above, looks like he's going to put his car back to stock and sell it. That means parts for sale .
I talked with him and he might keep the HIDs to trade in or I hope to buy local, hehe. This just sucks how his car got broken in to
Old 10-02-2002, 01:28 PM

Man I feel your pain!!! I think it might have been the people who installed your unit and so forth. Just my suggestion!