5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Car broken into, EVERYTHING Stolen and damaged

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2002, 07:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Car broken into, EVERYTHING Stolen and damaged

Yea you heard right. Take a good look at this picture

Thats freagin right, they stole it all. Right in front of my apartment. They took everything, they took the whole dash unit with the bracket, the master unit, tv tuner which was under the seat, took the headrests, and the amps. Front TV, DVD player, even the wires.

They tore up the driver's side seat, removed the front two bolts and BENT the seat backwards, so now I need a new seat there. Broke into the driver's side window. I just lost over $5,000 in audio/video equipment cause of some ***** decided to tax my shiet. On top of that two cops live in my apartment building with both of their cars about 5spots down from mine.

They didnt stop there, my brothers keys were in my car at the time, they took his keys and the got into my brother's car and attempted to steal the headunit, but my brother has been paranoid every since he got broken into last month at his old place and he always CLUBS the car and takes the face off the unit.

I mean I am just heartbroken and so ****ed beyond belief, and for all of those people asking about my alarm, well had the battery disconnected from when we were working on the s/c and never finished the install. So someone "eyed" this car out and I KNOW either some **** who I know or met stole this shiet. No one knew where half the stuff was installed.

Im screwed, my insurance wont pay for $5000 worth of audio cause I did not take the extra $5000 from the beginning for extra coverage.

Just to let yall know, thats all. I swear if I get my hands on them people, theres gonna be some furniture moving up in this mother. I mean they took EVERYTHING that dealt with my audio/video system besides the speakers in the doors. SON OF A HOARRRRRRRRRRR

If anyone sees PIONEER equipment like what I had being sold on eBay or on this forum or any other fashion that resembles what I had, PLEASE help a brother out.

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~suthar/car is where you can see pics of what this PRICCK did.

Dixit
Old 09-28-2002, 07:44 PM

not to instigate but this definately sounds like an inside job
Old 09-28-2002, 07:48 PM

Damn dude that seriously sucks. I hope they find the @ssholes that did it.
Old 09-28-2002, 07:49 PM

Originally posted by mingo
not to instigate but this definately sounds like an inside job
Not to sound bad, but I agree, I think some fugging **** caught the images off the .org or I met this **** at a Maxima Meet and he taxed it. NO ONE else knows about the stuff. I have never shown anyone that in detail except people at a maxima meet. I know I am jumping to conclusions, but you put yourself in my shoes and imagine losing over $5000 in equipment.

Dixit
Old 09-28-2002, 07:55 PM

That shibby sucks

I feel for you bro. I hope yuo at least filed a police report, if it wasn't an inside job the group will usually keep hitting your local area, hopefully they will get caught. Once again that is too bad Dix, your Max was one of the nicest around.
Old 09-28-2002, 07:56 PM

yea man it definally sounds like someone who knows the car got your ****

all the more reason to add the additional coverage for aftermarket parts. still sux man sorry to see it
Old 09-28-2002, 08:09 PM

Also to top it off, just talked with my brother and he said they took also the Wheel lock nut key and loosened some bolts on the pass front tire. So they were trying to tax those.

Now I got no clue how to get the wheels off, plus the pass side is missing 3bolts, and probably the others are loose. This just get better and better......

Nice, $6000 wheels are worthless, and cant drive the car. Plus the holes the bolts go in are over 4"s deep, no way to crack that wheel lock off without destroying the wheels.

Dixit
Old 09-28-2002, 08:10 PM

I find it interesting

Originally posted by silverkorn
yea man it definally sounds like someone who knows the car got your ****

all the more reason to add the additional coverage for aftermarket parts. still sux man sorry to see it

That everyone is assuming it was an inside job. Dude had screens built into his headrests, anyone with a semi keen eye could notice that, tint or not, on top of that he has a flashy Max which always brings in closer looks. At least check with the Police and see how many other people in your neighborhood have gotten hit.
Old 09-28-2002, 08:11 PM

really sorry to hear that, ill keep my eyes open when surfing ebay n ****.
Old 09-28-2002, 08:13 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

speechless.. very sorry.. thats horrible. I will have nightmares tonite.

I know its a bad time to ask, but did you have more than the factory alarm?
Old 09-28-2002, 08:14 PM

DAAAAYYYYYYMMMMMMMMM!

Were you home when all this happened? Shouldn't alarms have some type of battery backup?
Does anyone know of an alarm system with some type of battery backup?

I don't know about an inside job Dixit, there's some shady folks that live in your area.

I always maintain that it takes a low life crackhead to want to steal someones stereo equipment for personal gain.
Old 09-28-2002, 08:15 PM

ouch mann... that hurts.... good luck with everything though .. hopefully things work out good
Old 09-28-2002, 08:20 PM

As I said TimW, the battery was disconnected since we were in the middle of the s/c install from the weekend before. I never hooked it back up. On top of that, you know I still got that keyless problem.

I think it is an inside job, I will find this fool.

Woreyah, The cops said this neiborhood has never been hit in the last 2yrs since there are alot of officer's who live in that complex and on top of that, the County Police office is at the corner of Briggs Channey and 29.
Old 09-28-2002, 08:22 PM

oh my Gosh!!

As a fellow DC member, I really feel your pain bro.

Most crooks wouldn't spend too much time in the car once they break into it, they just rip as much as they can in a short time and flee the scene.

right?

I mean, I don't think any thief would stay in the car forever looking and searching for where all the components might be.

Anyway, it's a far shot, but I hope you catch the bastards!!
Old 09-28-2002, 08:28 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

What a bunch of A$$ HOLES!!!

I feel for you BigDogJonx!
Man... I'm sick to my stomach. I can't believe the ***** some people have. If they should be cought, they should be... well, you get the picture!
Old 09-28-2002, 08:39 PM

Re: I find it interesting

Originally posted by Blackgums100

That everyone is assuming it was an inside job. Dude had screens built into his headrests, anyone with a semi keen eye could notice that, tint or not, on top of that he has a flashy Max which always brings in closer looks. At least check with the Police and see how many other people in your neighborhood have gotten hit.

Reasons pointing to an inside job.
1) No one in their right mind would jack from a car that is parked right near cop cars. The person had to of known they live in the complex and are not to be worried over.

2) They took everything including the wires and install stuff. Most thieves would of just broke the winow, grabbed the indash tv, maybe an amp , speakerbox, but not sit there and strip evertyhing they wanted.

3) They knew the exact time BigDog wouldnt catch them.

4) How did they know the keys in your car were to your brothers car a couple cars over???

It seems to me like someone who knows or knows of you and your brothers cars, planned to jack you at the best possible time.
Old 09-28-2002, 08:41 PM

having your ish broken into is one of the worst feelings in the world, the only remedy is revenge or atleast knowing who the hell did it

good luck bro
Old 09-28-2002, 08:41 PM

If someone local did this you will get caught, it will be found out. I don't think any of our orgers did it, but this seems real fishy!!!!
Old 09-28-2002, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Re: I find it interesting

are you kidding me.. anyone who knew where to find his brothers keys and knew what car was his brothers had to be an inside job..

Originally posted by Blackgums100

Old 09-28-2002, 08:51 PM
Administrator

another note.. crooks only steal head units.. because they try to steal soemthing they can move quick and get out of there.. they usually don't have time to do all that ****.. thats an inside job for sure
Old 09-28-2002, 08:53 PM

Re: Re: I find it interesting

Originally posted by SprintMax
are you kidding me.. anyone who knew where to find his brothers keys and knew what car was his brothers had to be an inside job..
Unless he had an alarm... It's so easy for thiefs to push "panic" on the remote to find a car in a parking lot.

- Simon
Old 09-28-2002, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: I find it interesting

Originally posted by Amazing2

Unless he had an alarm... It's so easy for thiefs to push "panic" on the remote to find a car in a parking lot.

- Simon
yes but now we are specualting and if you are stealing or breakign into a car.. why would you alert people by pushign the panic button .. plus looking at all those pictures.. they had to have had a truck or something or another car waiting.. you don't steal all that stuff just like that.. thats a planned thing
Old 09-28-2002, 08:57 PM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
Also to top it off, just talked with my brother and he said they took also the Wheel lock nut key and loosened some bolts on the pass front tire. So they were trying to tax those.

Now I got no clue how to get the wheels off, plus the pass side is missing 3bolts, and probably the others are loose. This just get better and better......

Nice, $6000 wheels are worthless, and cant drive the car. Plus the holes the bolts go in are over 4"s deep, no way to crack that wheel lock off without destroying the wheels.

Dixit
Hammer a socket on the wheel lock. You will ruin the socket obviously, but you will keep the wheels. Also I hear you can take off all the other lugs and wiggle the wheel until the bolt snaps. Or at least that's how I hear they steal them.

I feel for you man. I've been broken into before. It feels like you've been raped.

Good luck, I hope insurance doesn't **** you over too much.
Old 09-28-2002, 08:58 PM

That's probably the worst feeling I could imagine happening to someone (short of bodily harm). I feel like crying just from looking at your pictures of the car. If you don't want to get ****ed at me, don't read the stuff below, I'm on my soapbox.

About it being an inside job, it's 50/50. Like Blackgums100 said, it's pretty obvious that you've got some money in your car. Anytime the screens in the headrest are on, you can see them, even through the tint, especially at night. The rims, the stickers, the grill, all of it says "look at me, look at my stuff" and just brings the thieves calling. If I didn't live in a place with a garage, no way would I put anything on my car that would make people notice. It's just asking for trouble. As for the alarm, any knowledgeable thief could have bypassed it.

Also, doing the SC install in the parking lot is just not smart. People are going to notice and take an interest in your car, but the wrong kind of interest. And your car sits there in the open ready for anyone to go after.

For anyone who thinks I'm being a punk or too harsh, I'm just saying that if you do stupid stuff, you pay for it. And it just makes it worse for all of us having to see this crap and worrying that it could happen to our cars.

Good luck.
Old 09-28-2002, 09:03 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: I find it interesting

yes but now we are specualting and if you are stealing or breakign into a car.. why would you alert people by pushign the panic button .. plus looking at all those pictures.. they had to have had a truck or something or another car waiting.. you don't steal all that stuff just like that.. thats a planned thing
Unfortunately on most alarms, you can press the lock\unlock button and it will flash the lights or sound the horn just once, so it's easy to find out what car the keys belong to.

One of my biggest peeves, leaving stuff in the car so people can see, especially keys. My sister did that once, left her house keys in the car, someone broke in and took them (probably thinking they were also car keys). We had to change all the locks on the door in our house. Very smart.

I'm sure thieves make runs, ie let's go cruising for some cars and scores. So they drive up, break in, strip everything, load up, drive off.

Yeah, we're all speculating because we're all ****ed.
Old 09-28-2002, 09:06 PM

In this day and age, how many people look at cars that have their sirens (or on factory alarms the cars horn) going off in a parking lot?!

I'm not arguing with you Sprint (I would never dare ), it could very well be an inside job.

P.S.: someone could push the unlock button continuously and look for flashing lights!

-Simon
Old 09-28-2002, 09:09 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I find it interesting

Originally posted by Tanman

Unfortunately on most alarms, you can press the lock\unlock button and it will flash the lights or sound the horn just once, so it's easy to find out what car the keys belong to.
...read it after I posted!
Old 09-28-2002, 09:13 PM

No you don't hit panic, you hit the unlock and/or lock button until you see the lights flash. Or if he just found the keys and they say "Mazda" on it and there is a Mazda parked next to the Maxima, then put 2 and 2 together and give it a try.

And of course he had a car waiting, planned or no. Is he just gonna walk down the street with this stuff in his arms and wires trailing behind him?

I don't see anything pointing to an "inside job." If the thief has enough time, he will take everything. Usually they grab and run because they are in a movie theater parking lot or what not and time is critical before they are seen. As for the alarm, he could have just been pleasantly surprised to see that the alarm LED was not on. Was probably paranoid about it actually, right up until he smashed the window. Or it could have been some punk in your complex who has always been eying your ride and one night noticed there was no alarm LED flashing.

There are many possibilities.
Old 09-28-2002, 09:13 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I find it interesting

Originally posted by Amazing2

...read it after I posted!
Hehe, that's cool, better to get the point across by repeating it .
Old 09-28-2002, 09:22 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I find it interesting

Originally posted by Tanman

Hehe, that's cool, better to get the point across by repeating it .
Yhea... 3 posts in a row with the same message... Echo?

On a serious note, I've seen a TV report that said something like most of the robbers are getting wiser... To steal BMW, MB and other prestige cars, they let themselves in the house of the owners (while they are sleeping) to get the car keys... nothing else. Scary!
Old 09-28-2002, 09:25 PM
Administrator

you guys don't understand car audio theives.. they don't steal amps and all that ****.. trust me i know.. i have had my car broken into 3 times.. and never once did they touch the amps.. they always tried to go for head units..

being a victim of this 3 times in 1 year.. yes 1 year.. i can tell whats an inside job or not.. and i am looking at the pictures and i am telling you.. THATS AN INSIDE JOB.. you guys can speculate all you want.. thats an inside job
Old 09-28-2002, 09:31 PM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
As I said TimW, the battery was disconnected since we were in the middle of the s/c install from the weekend before. I never hooked it back up. On top of that, you know I still got that keyless problem.
The SSandMaxima wonders to himself, "exactly who knew the alarm was off?"
Old 09-28-2002, 09:37 PM

you guys don't understand car audio theives.. they don't steal amps and all that ****.. trust me i know.. i have had my car broken into 3 times.. and never once did they touch the amps.. they always tried to go for head units..

being a victim of this 3 times in 1 year.. yes 1 year.. i can tell whats an inside job or not.. and i am looking at the pictures and i am telling you.. THATS AN INSIDE JOB.. you guys can speculate all you want.. thats an inside job
Well, that's like saying 3 out of every 20 thefts only involve the head unit. Unfortunately for BigDigJonX, you took all 3 .
Old 09-28-2002, 09:40 PM

I'm real hurt for you BigDog. It sucks big time but it seems like they knew what they were coming for. I swear envious ppl get me. I don't understand why ppl like to steal other ppls hard work and time.

Someone been watching you, man. For what it's worth man, ppl like those always get theirs sooner or later. Too bad we're just not there to get some satisfaction/payback.

I'd hate to believe it was another .orger. (suxxness)

turbo dreams
woosh
Old 09-28-2002, 09:42 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

Well, there are two types of this theft like this:

inside job

-or-

people who have plenty of time and no worry of being caught.

being that they went to the other car, they obviously didnt feel threatened in anyway.

I say its 50/50.

Law in my state covers anything permanently installed. Pretty schweet. But you can reasonably expect they will at least cover the cost of a premium OEM system. Thats amps, wiring, HU and all. *that* is alot of money. It wont be 5K but it will probably be upwards of 3K. I know thats not totally comforting, but you *may* come out ok after ins.
Old 09-28-2002, 09:47 PM

Sorry to hear about that ****. I hope you find thos b@st@rds.
Old 09-28-2002, 10:03 PM

This may seem dumb, but do they attempt to take fingerprints? I'm sure the thief probably had gloves on, but it what if they didn't and were sloppy. My brothers car had EVERYTHING jacked from it about 5 years ago. They took the head unit, amps, subs, it even seemed like they tried to steal the freakin 6X9's because of all the scratches all over it! It was AWFUL! Considering I paid and installed everything!
Old 09-28-2002, 10:11 PM

Man that suxs

I have to agree with Sprint, whoever jacked you $hit knew where everything was. also, look to more than one person, at least two maybe three that had seen you rcar before and who you have run into.

Some body knew what you had and waited for the right opportunity.

That sux man!

Dave in York
Old 09-28-2002, 10:17 PM
Future Camaro SS owner

Re: Man that suxs

Originally posted by dlicari
I have to agree with Sprint, whoever jacked you $hit knew where everything was. also, look to more than one person, at least two maybe three that had seen you rcar before and who you have run into.

Some body knew what you had and waited for the right opportunity.

That sux man!

Dave in York
Not to point fingers but I am going from what I think what happened through all your replies is that it was an inside job and it was probabaly somebody who knew your battery disconected. Did you try to install the SC in the parking lot. If so sombody who knew you had this in your neighberhood saw you messing with and couldn't resist.
Old 09-28-2002, 10:25 PM

Big Dog,

I feel so upset just from hearing about what happened and looking at those pics... and from having experienced similar incident I know exactly you must feel right now...

Quick Reply: Car broken into, EVERYTHING Stolen and damaged