5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Worst day ever(really would like some advise)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 03:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Worst day ever(really would like some advise)

Ok finally they told me my car was ready, so i go to pick it up and i was willing to let the right side rims that were scratched in the accident that they didnt wanna replace and the trunk not being aligned properly ride, until i noticed my airbag light on then started to notice all sorts of problems. I really wanna take these ****ers to court but i dont know if i can, i already paid the deductable but theres all types of things they refuse to repair bc they keep saying it came from other causes.They dont understand how much attention i pay to my car, and i notice every nook and cranny. Insurance saying that alot of the stuff has dirt in it which means it was old damage which is bull****. The car was drove into a ditch on the highway what do they think was there water? stupid!

Things not fixed

1)Airbag not replaced properly(dash poking up)
2)Left side door mirror gashed(wasn't there before they took the car)
3)center arm rest console shaking, ripped and one sided due to the accident(but they didnt want to fix it)
4)Left front caliber loose therefore rubbing on the rotor at some points
5)Glove compartment loose
6)Replaced parts scratched(bumper and rims)
7)Seat belt hanger covers not put back on. (9)
8)Driver seat rail covers not put back on (9)
9)Screws and broken plastic parts on the floor in the rear
10)Trunk not aligned properly
11)Rims scratched on the right.
12)Car still pulling to the side and steering wheel not straight(Alignment)
13)They said they would rotate the tires so that the two new wheels they agreed to replace would be in the front and the old ones in the rear, but the new ones are on the right side.
14)They took my seats out and had them on the floor in the dirty shop but refuse to shampoo them
15)Middle left panel on the drivers side scratched up
16)Two dents on my roof that wasnt there b 4 they got my car
Old 10-03-2002, 04:07 PM

Re: Worst day ever(really would like some advise)

Originally posted by 2000MilkedMax
Ok finally they told me my car was ready, so i go to pick it up and i was willing to let the right side rims that were scratched in the accident that they didnt wanna replace and the trunk not being aligned properly ride, until i noticed my airbag light on then started to notice all sorts of problems. I really wanna take these ****ers to court but i dont know if i can, i already paid the deductable but theres all types of things they refuse to repair bc they keep saying it came from other causes.They dont understand how much attention i pay to my car, and i notice every nook and cranny. Insurance saying that alot of the stuff has dirt in it which means it was old damage which is bull****. The car was drove into a ditch on the highway what do they think was there water? stupid!

Things not fixed

1)Airbag not replaced properly(dash poking up)
2)Left side door mirror gashed(wasn't there before they took the car)
3)center arm rest console shaking, ripped and one sided due to the accident(but they didnt want to fix it)
4)Left front caliber loose therefore rubbing on the rotor at some points
5)Glove compartment loose
6)Replaced parts scratched(bumper and rims)
7)Seat belt hanger covers not put back on. (9)
8)Driver seat rail covers not put back on (9)
9)Screws and broken plastic parts on the floor in the rear
10)Trunk not aligned properly
11)Rims scratched on the right.
12)Car still pulling to the side and steering wheel not straight(Alignment)
13)They said they would rotate the tires so that the two new wheels they agreed to replace would be in the front and the old ones in the rear, but the new ones are on the right side.
14)They took my seats out and had them on the floor in the dirty shop but refuse to shampoo them
15)Middle left panel on the drivers side scratched up
16)Two dents on my roof that wasnt there b 4 they got my car

i dont know about u bout i wouldnt fucck around....i would get an attorney & have him send a letter if that dont fix it then i would take them to court & sue them for the charges of getting an attorney
Old 10-03-2002, 04:14 PM

Re: Re: Worst day ever(really would like some advise)

The shop said it is bc my insurance wont cover it, but i think my insurance is going from what they say.
Old 10-03-2002, 05:47 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

consult a lawyer,
Old 10-03-2002, 07:10 PM

Call a lawyer. They would love this.

btw, if this truly is your worst day ever, you've been living right.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:08 PM

as a licensed insurance agent...

your insurance companies' duty it to restore your car to as close to it's original condition as possible...

but...depending on your carrier, they may or may not let you just take it to another shop and let them fix everything...

I would consult the following people

1. your insurance claim rep....let him/her know what's up..

2. the department of insurance in your state (don't file a complaint against your carrier, they haven't done anything wrong yet) but just ask them what the laws are pertaining to this situation in your state.

3. the body shop, and your claim rep at the same time.. maybe see if the claim rep will meet you at the shop, and deal only with the owner of the shop. have the claim rep spell out what they were willing to pay for...and see what the owner says...

you probably shouldn't have to get an attorney involved...but if you do....make sure he/she is very knowledgeable in this area...

ry
Old 10-03-2002, 10:35 PM
You're Faster, I'm Better

Man, I feel you on that one. I know exactly what you are going thru.previous accident I HAVE an attorney, these are some of the courses of action that I can legaly do.( In Texas anyways.) #1 Sue them for the "loss of use". My car payment is $500 a month, they have had it for almost 6 months, any and all lost work (self employed) and inconvience. $500x6+~(however much i feel it ****ed me off)$1000=~$4000. #2 Take it to another body shop and have the repairs' repairs billed directly back to them, and legaly they have to pay for it! #3 Let my attorney make a phone call and give them 7 more buisness days. After that we send certified mail to them stating our intentions, (#1 or #2) and giving them 7 more buisness days before doing so. // start glorified soap box// I am going #3 because it is much less headache in the long run if it works out this way. I pay/am paying too much damned good money for a damned nice car not to have some other **** head f*ck it up! Don't take this dude, WE HAVE RIGHTS!! //off glorified soap box