5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I need a good dearler in Mass

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 02:59 PM

I need a good dearler in Mass

I am not having too much luck with the dealer we bought the car from. Does anyone know a good dealer in Mass? I live in Middleboro but will travel a little bit for the right dealer. The wheel is shaking when slowing down from high way speeds and the dealer said this was a know issue and fixed the issue. Well 5,000 miles later it is happening all over again.

Thanks for any help

John
Old 10-18-2002, 05:18 PM

Showcase Nissan, just over the Bourne Bridge on Cape Cod. Talk to Mike, service writer. Good folks, tell'm Bob Niesel sent ya.
Old 10-18-2002, 05:21 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I'm from Carver Umm..avoid john santiell's in Brockton, service guys are AWEFUL. Never had a worst experience in my life.
Old 10-18-2002, 10:15 PM

try this link

hey, try posting in this thread. You may get more replies.
Northeast Forums
Old 10-19-2002, 02:07 AM

You might want to try Jerry Rome Nissan. I haven't gone there for service, however the parts manager is a member on this board, and he is very helpful. I also remember him saying somewhere he would make sure repairs would be done by the manager or something..he looks out for us.
Old 10-19-2002, 05:38 AM
2K2 BLACK 6 SPD

Re: I need a good dearler in Mass

Originally posted by john893
I am not having too much luck with the dealer we bought the car from. Does anyone know a good dealer in Mass? I live in Middleboro but will travel a little bit for the right dealer. The wheel is shaking when slowing down from high way speeds and the dealer said this was a know issue and fixed the issue. Well 5,000 miles later it is happening all over again.

Thanks for any help

John
Just out of curiosity, which dealer did you buy your car from. I have only had one service experience so far and it was not a good one. I bought my car at Glick Nissan in Westborough. My drivers side window was all scratched up and I had told them several times to use factory glass. That never happened. They put in some cheap aftermarket glass from a glass company. It didn't even match up. They did ABSOLUTELY nothing to rectify it. I had to take care of it myself with the glass company. Needless to say, I am in the same position as yourself. I am going to be trying a different dealer on Tuesday. I'll let you know how they are.

Old 10-19-2002, 04:29 PM

I have had luck so far with Kelly Nissan of Lynnfield on RT1. I purchased my car from them in January. They gave me a free loaner car when I had the Front end TSB repair done.
Old 11-05-2002, 12:20 PM
2K2 BLACK 6 SPD

UPDATE

The dealer that I tried going to was Fireside Nissan in North Attleboro. The main reason for the visit for a brake judder. I also had a few other things that needed attention.

1. moisture in left tail light---- ordered new one
2. cracked wind deflector--- ordered new one
3. Bose HU left side cutting out and CD's skipping when cold-- ordered a new one WITHOUT even checking it out.

Because they had to order the parts, I waited to have the brake judder fixed until the parts came in. Only the tail light came in. I had that fixed and the brake judder fixed yesterday. The other 2 parts are on back order. (Not their fault.)

So far so good with this dealer. They treated me right. I will use them again.

Old 11-05-2002, 12:38 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have had good luck with Cambridge Nissan as well. They never have a problem using any oil/ATF that I provide, either.
Old 11-05-2002, 01:26 PM

Re: Re: I need a good dearler in Mass

Originally posted by 2K2 BLACK 6 SPD

Just out of curiosity, which dealer did you buy your car from. I have only had one service experience so far and it was not a good one. I bought my car at Glick Nissan in Westborough. My drivers side window was all scratched up and I had told them several times to use factory glass. That never happened. They put in some cheap aftermarket glass from a glass company. It didn't even match up. They did ABSOLUTELY nothing to rectify it. I had to take care of it myself with the glass company. Needless to say, I am in the same position as yourself. I am going to be trying a different dealer on Tuesday. I'll let you know how they are.
I also bought my car from Glick, but have it serviced by Bancroft in Worcester, which is also owned by the Glick family. They also service my wife's Jeep since they are a nissan/chrysler/jeep dealer. So far I've had very good luck with them with the all too common rotor problems, which have been turned twice and replaced once under warranty. The Jeep is in there once a month. Believe it or not my neighbor swears by Glick and just bought a new pick up in addition to thier maxima.
Old 11-05-2002, 01:50 PM
2K2 BLACK 6 SPD

Re: Re: Re: I need a good dearler in Mass

Originally posted by Cwa232

I also bought my car from Glick, but have it serviced by Bancroft in Worcester, which is also owned by the Glick family. They also service my wife's Jeep since they are a nissan/chrysler/jeep dealer. So far I've had very good luck with them with the all too common rotor problems, which have been turned twice and replaced once under warranty. The Jeep is in there once a month. Believe it or not my neighbor swears by Glick and just bought a new pick up in addition to thier maxima.
I think that my bad service experience might be an isolated one. I was very happy with my sales experience at Glick Nissan. Probably one of the best I've ever had. I bought it through the internet sales. Paul K was terrific. Do you think I should give them another chance?

Old 11-06-2002, 05:55 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: I need a good dearler in Mass

I think that my bad service experience might be an isolated one. I was very happy with my sales experience at Glick Nissan. Probably one of the best I've ever had. I bought it through the internet sales. Paul K was terrific. Do you think I should give them another chance?
When I bought my max I compared Bancroft, Glick, and Marlborough. Glick was the best price, but the salesman lied to me about 5 times...which was a bit annoying.
Old 11-06-2002, 06:37 AM

Re: I need a good dearler in Mass

Ron Bouchard's in Fitchburg is EXCELLENT.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:20 AM

Clay Nissan in Dedham is pretty good. I got my car from there with no problems. I've had my car serviced at Clay Nissan and Frost Nissan(Newton) for the recalls I've had but unfortunately both dealers do not provide loaners.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:49 AM
It's chrome alright...

Re: Re: Re: Re: I need a good dearler in Mass

this is my story, too. I bought my car from Glick and Paul K was good to deal with. You should call and make an appointment, then show up 5 minutes early and go find Paul, then have him walk you to the service desk. Service will probably help you a little more if they know (or think) you're in with a salesman.

Old 11-06-2002, 11:06 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Jerry Rome Nissan in west springfield MA is very good. I got my car there and get most of my service done there also. Very nice bunch of guys.
Old 11-06-2002, 02:16 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I need a good dearler in Mass

Originally posted by 2k2wannabe
this is my story, too. I bought my car from Glick and Paul K was good to deal with. You should call and make an appointment, then show up 5 minutes early and go find Paul, then have him walk you to the service desk. Service will probably help you a little more if they know (or think) you're in with a salesman.

I'll have to try that next time. It could have been an isolated incident that I had with their service. If I do go back to try it again, I think that I will definately stay while the car is being worked on. Most definately would buy from Paul K. again, regardless.
Old 11-07-2002, 08:32 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm not extremely thrilled yet with Fireside Nissan, but the cashier more than makes up for it.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:11 AM

Originally posted by RI-2k2
I'm not extremely thrilled yet with Fireside Nissan, but the cashier more than makes up for it.
You must pick up your car after 5:30 PM. (If it is the one that I am thinking of.)
Old 11-07-2002, 09:33 AM

Re: Re: Re: I need a good dearler in Mass

Originally posted by Cwa232
I also bought my car from Glick, but have it serviced by Bancroft in Worcester, which is also owned by the Glick family.
They are cousins, and are bitter rivals.

And the Glick at Bancroft is a vice president, not an owner as far as I know.

I too bought my car from Glick, and was very pleased with the sales team. Haven't had any service there yet, however.