5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Possible Stollen HID's on EBAY

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 12:34 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Possible Stollen HID's on EBAY

Check this out, it seems that this may be stollen HID's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1870199405
Old 10-21-2002, 12:36 PM
jjs

Re: Possible Stollen HID's on EBAY

Originally posted by Dohcser

check this out...page 2 and 3...

Old 10-21-2002, 12:38 PM

Re: Re: Possible Stollen HID's on EBAY

Originally posted by jjs

check this out...page 2 and 3...

Check what out?
Old 10-21-2002, 12:46 PM

Yeah

this definitely need to be reported to Ebay. I don't know how to do it though.
Old 10-21-2002, 12:52 PM
Old Fuddy Duddy

LOL

He only got one side?

Did we not have a member that only lost one side in NY recently?
Old 10-21-2002, 01:02 PM
jjs

Re: Re: Re: Possible Stollen HID's on EBAY

Check what out?
sorry...

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=159554
Old 10-21-2002, 01:20 PM

Definitely stolen....Little ******...
Old 10-21-2002, 01:32 PM

NY People with HID's Stollen PLEASE READ

ALL NY MAX OWNERS that had HID's STOLLEN!!!!!!!!!

Check out the web link that I have at the beginning of the post, it seems that someone is trying to sell HID's in Brooklyn and it seems to be stollen.
Old 10-21-2002, 01:55 PM
2K2 BLACK 6 SPD

I found the driver side headlight. Different eBay name but isn't it a coincidence that there is a right side and left side on here ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1870370983

Old 10-21-2002, 02:07 PM

We should bid for every stolen HID on eBay, and then just not pay. So take the negative feedback hit, who cares?. We have enough people on the org to keep outbidding for a long time.
Old 10-21-2002, 02:08 PM
OG and counting...

Ain't Possible, they are stolen!!

I copied this from Ebay regarding Stolen Items.

Stolen Property
The sale of stolen property is strictly forbidden on eBay, and violates state, federal and international law. eBay strongly supports law enforcement efforts to recover stolen property that is listed on its web site, and urges the prosecution of those responsible for knowingly attempting to sell such items on eBay. Stolen property includes items taken from private individuals, as well as property taken without authorization from companies or governments.

For U.S. federal law on selling stolen property or government property without authorization, go to:

interstate transportation of stolen property
theft of government property
If you see an item on eBay that you believe is stolen, your best course is to contact law enforcement immediately. Under eBay's privacy rules, our attorneys will provide important records about pending and past auctions with an official request from law enforcement officials. Please inform the police officer handling the case that eBay will be pleased to cooperate in the investigation, and ask the officer to contact eBay at the email address we've set aside for law enforcement organizations (LEO): leo@eBay.com, or by fax at: 408-376-6491. It is important that these methods of contact be reserved for law enforcement use only, as it enables us to respond quickly in case of emergencies. Emails/faxes directed to these areas that are not from law enforcement will be routed to the appropriate mailbox or individual accordingly and may cause delays in response time.

If you are concerned that your images, text, or HTML in your item description have been used by another eBay user without your authorization, please see http://pages.ebay.com/help/community...pyrights.html. If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been violated by an eBay auction, go to http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/vero-program.html for more information.

There is no doubt that those lights are stolen. One of the brackets is broken due to forcible removal. This might need to be reported to NYPD ASAP.
Old 10-21-2002, 02:18 PM
Jer

Ladies and gentlemen, there is one excellent way to resolve this matter.

Bid on them and win.

Then I suggest every member in the vicinity of Brooklyn NY meet up at the rendez-vous point where the auction winner is to buy the HID's, scare him $hitless and call the cops. Hell ask the dude if you can come by his place to pick them up Chances are he has more where that one came from... screw ebay, that'll just shut the auction down - this way maybe you can actually CATCH this sucker.

Old 10-21-2002, 02:48 PM

Re: Re: Possible Stollen HID's on EBAY

Originally posted by Jer
Ladies and gentlemen, there is one excellent way to resolve this matter.

Bid on them and win.

Then I suggest every member in the vicinity of Brooklyn NY meet up at the rendez-vous point where the auction winner is to buy the HID's, scare him $hitless and call the cops. Hell ask the dude if you can come by his place to pick them up Chances are he has more where that one came from... screw ebay, that'll just shut the auction down - this way maybe you can actually CATCH this sucker.

Yeah I agree with you there, but we cant take the law into our own hands.
Old 10-21-2002, 03:57 PM

eBay won't take them down, and you can take my word on that
Old 10-21-2002, 04:09 PM
It's chrome alright...

I have no problem being high bidder just to leave negative feedback.

Leave your suggestions on exactly what I should enter for feedback for him and I'll do it tonight.

And make it something I can cut and paste... no swearing, no insulting his mother... make it adult enough that others will take it seriously.
Old 10-21-2002, 04:22 PM
Maxima Pilot

I think we should send these guys a personal

email (thru eBay) and inquire that -given the huge amounts of these hadlight units that have been stolen from many Maxima owners in various web groups- as to the source of these parts, specifically if he has any factory/dealer receipts for same and/or other documents that confirm lawful acquisition of these units.

That's it...make it plain, simple and sweet..
Indeed, I will do so RIGHT NOW and see what happens
Old 10-21-2002, 04:28 PM
Maxima Pilot

email just sent to the first guy...copy and pasted

below, as follows:

Live4rdo...I might be interested in this unit but first definitely need to ask you if you have any kind of receipt or any other document that legitimizes your posession of these items.

The need to see such a document arises from the fact that on the Maxima board where I frequent there has been a huge increase in the number of stolen HID units from the 2002 and newer Maximas and need your assurance that this unit is lawfully in your posession.

Thanks in advance
Galo

Let's see if the item is still in eBay tomorrow...
Old 10-21-2002, 04:31 PM
Maxima Pilot

Same email to the other guy, 'Hopelauren'

let's see what happens tomorrow...
galo

Lauren...I might be interested in this unit but first definitely need to ask you if you have any kind of receipt or any other document that legitimizes your posession of these items.

The need to see such a document arises from the fact that on the Maxima board where I frequent there has been a huge increase in the number of stolen HID units from the 2002 and newer Maximas and need your assurance that this unit is lawfully in your posession.

Thanks in advance
Galo
Old 10-21-2002, 06:59 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Originally posted by MaxDoogie
eBay won't take them down, and you can take my word on that
Doogie works there. He would know better than any of us.
Old 10-21-2002, 10:04 PM

It seems to me that if he actually owned a 2002 Maxima, and that the light was in-fact replaced... he could produce a registration for a 2002 Maxima that was in HIS name and HIS address where the part would be shipping from. Now THAT would be legitimate proof of purchase.
Old 10-22-2002, 05:31 AM

Originally posted by asu174

Doogie works there. He would know better than any of us.
Since this person DOOGIE works there can we have him take a look into this? Also I really do think that we need to call the COPS. Do you know if since the person who has the auction is in Brooklyn we need to call the NYC COPS?
Old 10-22-2002, 07:33 AM

That one guy selling the headlight probably works at a junkyard or someplace, cuz he has sold other car parts before if you look at his history. Or at least, he will probably claim to work at a junkyard.
Old 10-22-2002, 08:02 AM

Originally posted by Kojiro_FtT
That one guy selling the headlight probably works at a junkyard or someplace, cuz he has sold other car parts before if you look at his history. Or at least, he will probably claim to work at a junkyard.
Yeah I believe that... Why would you break the mounting pieces off then.. Thats convienient...
Old 10-22-2002, 08:17 AM

Since this person DOOGIE works there can we have him take a look into this? Also I really do think that we need to call the COPS. Do you know if since the person who has the auction is in Brooklyn we need to call the NYC COPS?
Yes, I do work for eBay, and as a matter of fact, I am sitting in my desk at work right now. I already have talked to everyone I could about this, and unfortunately, we cannot take it down without solid evidence that these are stolen. Law enforcement probably will not care unless it is the actual person they were stolen from reports them to the authorities. Then the authorities can report them to us. Trust me, I have tried my best on this...Unfortunately, I can't do more about this at this time.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:05 AM

Yes, I do work for eBay, and as a matter of fact, I am sitting in my desk at work right now. I already have talked to everyone I could about this, and unfortunately, we cannot take it down without solid evidence that these are stolen. Law enforcement probably will not care unless it is the actual person they were stolen from reports them to the authorities. Then the authorities can report them to us. Trust me, I have tried my best on this...Unfortunately, I can't do more about this at this time.
Thanks for the response. Well I wish there was something else we could do.
Old 10-22-2002, 01:53 PM
Jer

Re: Re: Re: Possible Stollen HID's on EBAY

I would most certainly not even suggest that - I'm saying confront him with a good amount of members and call the cops on him while you've got him there (or at his house).

Or maybe someone who's had theirs stolen should call their insurance company (if they made a claim) and point out they were just "contacted" by someone with HID's that possess broken tabs... just like what was busted to yank them out of their own car. That might ruffle up a few reactions too from the insurance company to the local police precinct

Originally posted by BigDogJonx

Yeah I agree with you there, but we cant take the law into our own hands.
Old 10-22-2002, 05:25 PM

I agree with Jer! Since we all know Ebay will not take them down just becuase "we know" they are stolen (or have all reasons to believe they are stolen). And, you can forget about NYC cops doing anything about them. So what's left.. bid on them and offer to pick them up only. Leave this loser a negative feedback saying they were stolen. This way there is a record of it. I dont mind creating a new e-bay ID just to leave the feedback.
Old 10-22-2002, 05:48 PM

Originally posted by NyMaxedOut
So what's left.. bid on them and offer to pick them up only. Leave this loser a negative feedback saying they were stolen. This way there is a record of it. I dont mind creating a new e-bay ID just to leave the feedback.
i believe that's the only to do it too
Old 10-22-2002, 07:19 PM
2K2 BLACK 6 SPD

This guy has ADDED to his description of his auction:

"I GET A LOT OF QUESTIONS WHETHER I LEGITIMATELY OWN THIS ITEM. I HAVE A 2002 MAXIMA SE, WHICH WAS TAPPED ON THE PARKING LOT. I HAD A NEW LIGHT INSTALLED FOR $724. I WON'T DEAL IN STOLEN PROPERTY!!!!!!!!"

What BS! We all know that the way that mounting bracket was broken that it was not just tapped in a parking lot.

Old 10-23-2002, 02:00 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Someone from the area should win the auction. Arrange for pick-up but make out a check. Put a bogus DL# up top already so he can think it's legit. Take the merchendise and cancel your checking account because of lost checking card (easy if with Washington Mutual's free checking), and tada! You have a headlight to return to owner free of charge.

BTW, that other eBay listing is way too similar to the first one. Has gotta be the same guy, but he started a new account so he can ditch it if negative feedback arises.
Old 10-23-2002, 08:21 AM

The 2 sellers aren't the same, one's in GA, one's in NY....I ran checks on both id's...I think everyone here knows that lots of people copy other people's descriptions and take ideas from other people...I see it all day long...plus, there is auctions for these types of items up all the time...That's why eBay is so cool ...Let's not go jumping to conclusions because 2 auctions may appear to be similar
Old 10-23-2002, 08:30 AM

I also think that we are jumping to conclusions that these are stolen headlights.

The 2 sellers aren't the same, one's in GA, one's in NY....I ran checks on both id's...I think everyone here knows that lots of people copy other people's descriptions and take ideas from other people...I see it all day long...plus, there is auctions for these types of items up all the time...That's why eBay is so cool ...Let's not go jumping to conclusions because 2 auctions may appear to be similar
Old 10-23-2002, 08:38 AM

Originally posted by jjames
I also think that we are jumping to conclusions that these are stolen headlights.

I think this is why the SUBJECT states "POSSIBLE STOLLEN HID's"

By the way I think it is a very good conclusion to jump to IMO. If you know that the HID's are being stollen and the way that they are stealing this is by breaking he brakets at a certain spot, then you see a pic of one that matches the description, well anyways the last time I check 1+1=2. Only my opinion, I was only trying to maybe help someone that had their HID's in NYC stollen.
Old 10-23-2002, 08:46 AM

I think this is why the SUBJECT states "POSSIBLE STOLLEN HID's"

*** I know, but pretty much every other post besides the original has made the conclusion.

By the way I think it is a very good conclusion to jump to IMO. If you know that the HID's are being stollen and the way that they are stealing this is by breaking he brakets at a certain spot, then you see a pic of one that matches the description, well anyways the last time I check 1+1=2. Only my opinion, I was only trying to maybe help someone that had their HID's in NYC stollen.
*** And you could be right. But I'd hate to be the galactic idiot who gets negative feedback and a possible law suit because someone really did get an HID replaced.
Old 10-23-2002, 09:04 AM

Originally posted by jjames

*** I know, but pretty much every other post besides the original has made the conclusion.

*** And you could be right. But I'd hate to be the galactic idiot who gets negative feedback and a possible law suit because someone really did get an HID replaced.
Good point, but I think that most of us on this board are responsible enough to take the necessary steps. Also I did this as a heads up for the NYC people.
Old 10-23-2002, 09:10 AM

True. And it is very likely that they are stolen. I do agree with you. AAMOF, I think a lot of the car parts on ebay are stolen. I was looking for a radio for my '95 Accord, and came across like a hundred of them on ebay. Hmmmm?

Good point, but I think that most of us on this board are responsible enough to take the necessary steps. Also I did this as a heads up for the NYC people.
Old 10-23-2002, 04:49 PM

Its definately the same idiot selling both those lights. I have been a buyer on ebay for years and this is definately one person selling both these lights. Even if "Lauren" did steal his listing description, why would he/she leave it in caps?
Old 10-24-2002, 10:24 AM

Originally posted by maximadriven
Its definately the same idiot selling both those lights. I have been a buyer on ebay for years and this is definately one person selling both these lights. Even if "Lauren" did steal his listing description, why would he/she leave it in caps?
Capitalization = an attempt at emphasis...if you didn't read above, I am an eBay employee...I have ways of checking this information out
Old 10-24-2002, 01:07 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Capitalization = an attempt at emphasis...if you didn't read above, I am an eBay employee...I have ways of checking this information out
You should check out my many aliases with one saying i'm "Maxine" from SF and of course my own from L.A. Yeah, there's no way people can create aliases on eBay or even multiple IDs huh? Oh, i was j/k about my aliases, i actually have 5...no no j/k