5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Hey Guys, Newbie In the House

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 09:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey Guys, Newbie In the House

Hey Guys,

I'm Geoff.. and I reside in Canada eh..

Anyways, I was interested in a Max a couple of years ago, for a first car, but I wandered in and out of the market, planning for a first car. So, I came back to my decision. And now the Maxima has 255 hp ( so they say ) and now it has sparked my interest. My mom was going to buy one, but it was too expensive, at that time, being brand new off Nissan market. Anyways, I found a few places, but I like this place more. Yes, so I was looking at FreshAlloy.com's site, and they showed a 350Z with a supercharger. Wouldn't this be available for the 2k2 Maxima? They are basically the same VG35 engine, so I think, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it fit also? ( They have a picture at the site, you have to look for it ) but the thing is they had to cut the hood to fit the supercharger. They commented that the supercharger will be smaller and for no need to cut the hood to accomodate the supercharger. Thanks

Geoff ( 16 years old, if anybodys asking )
Old 11-22-2002, 09:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Hey Guys, Newbie In the House

Originally posted by Midnight_Speed
Hey Guys,

I'm Geoff.. and I reside in Canada eh..

Anyways, I was interested in a Max a couple of years ago, for a first car, but I wandered in and out of the market, planning for a first car. So, I came back to my decision. And now the Maxima has 255 hp ( so they say ) and now it has sparked my interest. My mom was going to buy one, but it was too expensive, at that time, being brand new off Nissan market. Anyways, I found a few places, but I like this place more. Yes, so I was looking at FreshAlloy.com's site, and they showed a 350Z with a supercharger. Wouldn't this be available for the 2k2 Maxima? They are basically the same VG35 engine, so I think, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it fit also? ( They have a picture at the site, you have to look for it ) but the thing is they had to cut the hood to fit the supercharger. They commented that the supercharger will be smaller and for no need to cut the hood to accomodate the supercharger. Thanks

Geoff ( 16 years old, if anybodys asking )

Well the stillen SC may come very close to fitting on the maxima. A few things to realise is that the 350Z is on the FX platform and the VQ35 is mounted differntly in the Z(turned 90 degrees). Also the Z's intake manifold is totaly differnt. With some work I'm sure stillen could get the SC to fit on the maxima and altima though(as long as hood clearance allows).
Old 11-23-2002, 06:05 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Alright,

thanks, emax95.. I was looking at your car, very nice, is the Stillen kit the same for 2002-2003?? the front bumpers look the same, but they might of changed in width.. do you have any more pictures??

thanks

Geoff
Old 11-23-2002, 06:39 AM

Re: Re: Hey Guys, Newbie In the House

Originally posted by emax95

With some work I'm sure stillen could get the SC to fit on the maxima and altima though(as long as hood clearance allows).
If I could get a SC for my Max don't think for a second I wouldn't hesitate to gently modify my hood to get the proper clearance with a sledgehammer.

Lonz

2k2 SE 6-spd
mods in the mail...
Old 11-23-2002, 08:08 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Midnight_Speed
Alright,

thanks, emax95.. I was looking at your car, very nice, is the Stillen kit the same for 2002-2003?? the front bumpers look the same, but they might of changed in width.. do you have any more pictures??

thanks

Geoff

I had to modify the 2000 stillen front lip to get it to fit. The bumpers are quite a bit different. More pics can be found here http://www.nissanx.net/gall/album41

BTW if you guys want boost any 4th gen turbo kit will fit with a 4th gen header swap and a little fuel system work.