5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

need cheap security

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2000, 12:20 AM

I need a quick fix.
I dont want anything to happen to my car.
I know alarms dont do much. And i was going to install Lojack but I dont even want to think bout my car missing.

So i wanted to know, if anyone here uses this thing i just saw on infomercial called Autolock thing, it attaches to the Brake pedal(supposedly the stongest piece of metal in the car, thus making it uncuttable)

anyway, i know the CLUB is wack.
But i need something, a quick fix.
or yeah, i might get an alarm, anyone know a cheap good system that actually works.

What other options are there?

Roger
Old 09-11-2000, 12:23 AM

auto lock

i wanna get a hold of one of those just so i can ruin. it... but til then i think it's a good peice to detur theives. gluck.. get super bright led scanners..
Old 09-11-2000, 12:36 AM

Re: auto lock

Originally posted by mingo
i wanna get a hold of one of those just so i can ruin. it... but til then i think it's a good peice to detur theives. gluck.. get super bright led scanners..
Mingo whats up?
ok
what are super bright led scanners? i have no clue, what they do, where i can them, etc..

oh yeah, Mingo you know where i can get a official Lojack Sticker?
or anyone else know where to buy a LoJack sticker?
Roger
Old 09-11-2000, 02:10 AM

roger

sorry i don't know where you can get the "official lowjack sticker" but i know where you can get the LED scanner. what it is, is one of those fancy alarm lights. the lights move back and forth, making it look lik eu have an aftermarket alarm. almost all stereo shops carry those. even some performance shops too.

as far as the lojack sticker. i guess the dealer might have one lying around. just brown nost them a bit and they mignt give it to u for free.
Old 09-12-2000, 12:27 AM

Lo JacK STicker???

I dont think the point of lo-jack is to let the crook know tat u have lo-jack, then they will probably look for it and try to take out the trackin device, also if they know tat if u have lo-jack then they will probably take it to some special place where mingo mentioned b4 i think some lead storage place or a place where the satelite cant pick up the sensor, will im not sure but tats wat i think.
Old 09-12-2000, 12:55 AM

Originally posted by radpp16
I need a quick fix.
I dont want anything to happen to my car.
I know alarms dont do much. And i was going to install Lojack but I dont even want to think bout my car missing.

So i wanted to know, if anyone here uses this thing i just saw on infomercial called Autolock thing, it attaches to the Brake pedal(supposedly the stongest piece of metal in the car, thus making it uncuttable)

anyway, i know the CLUB is wack.
But i need something, a quick fix.
or yeah, i might get an alarm, anyone know a cheap good system that actually works.

What other options are there?

Roger
I saw the infomercial for the autolock, and it really seems to be a better product than the CLUB (which is junk to begin with). Anyways, what the infomercial does not mention is that the Autolock isn't the toughest antitheft device out there.

There's another "undefeatable" device, called the Autolok 2000T. It's a British product, and I found it AutoParts Warehouse for only $30. You can do a web search for Autolok 2000 and it's been approved as a 5-minute plus deterrent by most of Europe, US, and even China! The list price is like $100 or so, but look around and you will find it for cheap. The product was also briefly mentioned in Car and Driver's long term Chrysler 300m road test wrap up.

The reason I chose the Autolok 2000 over the Autolock is because the Autolock prevents you from getting into the car entirely before unlocking it (especially for people with long legs and clown feet like me). If someone was chasing me, I don't want to have to mess with getting the damn thing unlocked just so I can close the door. The Autolok 2000 is bulky, but at least you can get into the car, lock the doors , and then unlock the device.