5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2k3 Maxima HIDs SO GOOD, but how does it compare to BMW?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 06:19 PM

2k3 Maxima HIDs SO GOOD, but how does it compare to BMW?

Hello all,

Just wanted to say my mom bought a brand new 2k3 Maxima GLE last Saturday. The hard part now is going through the break-in process before really driving the Maxima and what it is designed to do. :-)

In short, she has a very nice ride!

When I fired up the Maxima that evening and turned on the HIDs, I was like WTF? They are amazing. I don't like driving at night too much, but after this experience, driving at night is a pleasure. One day, I hope to see HIDs standard on every car for safety reasons. My night vision is below average, and the HIDs just lights everything up for me!

Now, my question is, how does it compare to a BMW from the drivers seat?

Thanks,

James

P.S. Group car photo to come. :-)
Old 01-13-2003, 06:38 PM
vqman

Re: 2k3 Maxima HIDs SO GOOD, but how does it compare to BMW?

Originally posted by 260HPBuick
Hello all,

Just wanted to say my mom bought a brand new 2k3 Maxima GLE last Saturday. The hard part now is going through the break-in process before really driving the Maxima and what it is designed to do. :-)

In short, she has a very nice ride!

When I fired up the Maxima that evening and turned on the HIDs, I was like WTF? They are amazing. I don't like driving at night too much, but after this experience, driving at night is a pleasure. One day, I hope to see HIDs standard on every car for safety reasons. My night vision is below average, and the HIDs just lights everything up for me!

Now, my question is, how does it compare to a BMW from the drivers seat?

Thanks,

James

P.S. Group car photo to come. :-)
Dear James,

The last time I was afforded the opportunity to drive a BMW, it was a 1998 M3. I am not quite sure if it had HID's. I did drive it at night, they gave it to me overnight, I really thought I was going to buy it.

But let me tell you; thelast thing I was worried about were teh headlights...The car was WAY to fun to drive, and my mind was on the hellacious engine, the smooth shifting tranny, and the steering/handling that is only rivaled by...uhhh...I don't know who rivals it...

Sorry I can't help you with this, but I am sure some others without concern for DRIVING DYNAMICS would be able to help you in your quest to find the best HID's on the market today.

Sincerely,

-vqman

Old 01-13-2003, 06:54 PM

Vqman,

Thanks for the reply.

For the time being, I can only admire the other luxuries and perks besides the performance. :-) There's only 170.0km on the car now and have plenty more to go before I will stretch its legs. Oh yeah, I gotta say, the heated steering wheel is great. After trying it out in -10C weather, it is a steering wheel made in heaven. :-)

Anyhow, it's nice that my mom lets me borrow her car. I am not sure what I am going to do with one of my cars now since I think my 93 Mazda V6 is a joke. I think I'll sell the Mazda in the spring.

James
Old 01-13-2003, 07:04 PM

Be careful where you leave that car!!! The 2k2 & 2k3 MAX HID's get stolen a lot...I know two people that got hit today, the thieves did a great job on the grilles, fenders, and paint.

Makes me love my Halogens.