5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Killed 2k2 6spd in my VR6

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 08:23 PM

Please Don't Feed the Trolls

PrprLine,

I take it that your user-name is an abbreviation for "Proper Line." Sounds as if you attended an afternoon driving school, and now you can't get over yourself.

I am making the official call.

If you'd like to prove your point, let us know where you live, and I'm sure we can arrange for you to show one of us how you did that.

In the meantime, I think the proper line for this thread can be found at the top of this post.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:25 PM

Originally posted by MiniRX7

Um, i am canadian
sorry to hear that, hope you feel better j/k
Old 01-27-2003, 08:26 PM
Ford Only.

Originally posted by MAX2000JP

Come on now....You arent giving Jettas enough credit. VR6s are very close in performance to 5 speed VQ Maximas.
No they are not, the best they run stock are mid 15's. Autos are more like it.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:28 PM

Re: Re: Killed 2k2 6spd in my VR6

Originally posted by MrCollegeGuy

Two very simple words: The Driver.
Isn't that the point of racing??? Testing one driver's skills (and *****) against anothers is what racing is all about. Anytime someone posts a kill of a Max on this board with a slower car they get flamed and anyone with a Max who posts a kill of a faster car gets burned as well. Driving has so much to do with it and you should pat yourself on the back if you were able to beat someone with a FASTER car than yours.

I used to beat faster cars with my 1992 Sentra SE-R because I was able to zip in and out of traffic (bad...I know ) and I was young and stupid. Street racing is like a chess game...you have to think 3 and 4 moves ahead so you don't get boxed in...all at 100MPH+. If all drivers were at the same skill level why would anyone race? They could just look at your car and say "Congradulations"!

Having said that, I don't street race nearly as dangerously as I used to....I'm so old now it's sad
Old 01-27-2003, 08:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Come on now....You arent giving Jettas enough credit. VR6s are very close in performance to 5 speed VQ Maximas.
Car & Driver gave the Jetta GLX a 16.0 @ 89 mph in '99 on their road test of the VR6.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:34 PM
vqman

Originally posted by dmontzmax

Oh really? Do your research

You are pretty dumb to challenge something you know nothing about...my nine-deuce will hang with mostly any new car.
a nine deuce will hang with my 2k3 6 speed...won't beat it, but will hang...

this guy is a little to excited for his own good. One "kill" on a guy that wasn't trying, and he thinks he's king of the road.

Hey VW-Guy...drive a 6 speed Maxima. You'll take back what you said.

-vq

ps. and it is a chick car.

Old 01-27-2003, 08:35 PM

Originally posted by MichaelAE

Car & Driver gave the Jetta GLX a 16.0 @ 89 mph in '99 on their road test of the VR6.
The Same C&D that posted high 14s for 2k2 6 speeds...etc etc
Old 01-27-2003, 08:36 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by GLE02NJ
sorry to hear that, hope you feel better j/k
Dude, that really isnt a j/k, its very true, i don't feel so good being Canadian!

1. Cold winters
2. HIgh taxes
3. Retarded laws (no modding!!??)
4. Retarded and i mean ABSOLUTELY RETARDED NISSAN DEALERS EVERYWHERE
5. we make way less money..

HELP ME!!
ED
Old 01-27-2003, 08:36 PM
Ford Only.

Originally posted by VQMAN

a nine deuce will hang with my 2k3 6 speed...won't beat it, but will hang...

this guy is a little to excited for his own good. One "kill" on a guy that wasn't trying, and he thinks he's king of the road.

Hey VW-Guy...drive a 6 speed Maxima. You'll take back what you said.

-vq

ps. and it is a chick car.
No it wont

Only if you are bone stock and a fair driver and the nine deuce is fully modded with a good driver.

The fastest N/A so far is a 14.3 and that was with some simple mods, they can be as fast as high 13's with a good driver and all bolt ons.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The Same C&D that posted high 14s for 2k2 6 speeds...etc etc
I didn't say the times were GREAT, but they are consistant. 15.1 @ 92 in the '00 Max and 16.0 @ 89 in the '99 VR6.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:40 PM

Originally posted by MichaelAE

That was an AUTOMATIC.....

Old 01-27-2003, 08:42 PM
PrprLine

Originally posted by BriGuyMax

That was an AUTOMATIC.....

Good point BriGuy. Sounds like you might be one of the few, the proud, the pimps that know how to take a proper racing line.

Old 01-27-2003, 08:43 PM

Re: Re: Re: Killed 2k2 6spd in my VR6

Originally posted by spta97
Isn't that the point of racing??? Testing one driver's skills (and *****) against anothers is what racing is all about.
Yes, it is. But not when some dumba$$ sneaks up behind you, proceeds to floor his girly car, jumps ahead and calls it a win. That's total BS. No test, no skill. BS. Line that little Jetta up next to me and see what happens. That will be a race. If I had seen some little Jetta fly by me I would have ignored it too, just like a gnat. ANNOYING.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:44 PM

Originally posted by PrprLine

Good point BriGuy. Sounds like you might be one of the few, the proud, the pimps that know how to take a proper racing line.
yeah cuz all pimps know racing lines. and since our maximas and your jetta are all race cars.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:45 PM
Ford Only.

Proper Race Line = Red Light Both Cars stopped and green light go...that is real.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:46 PM

Proper Race Line = Red Light Both Cars stopped and green light go...that is real.
Right on!
Old 01-27-2003, 08:50 PM
PrprLine

Originally posted by slickrick

yeah cuz all pimps know racing lines. and since our maximas and your jetta are all race cars.
Hey, I can't be held accountable for your apparent interest in minimizing your speed and overall performance.

Old 01-27-2003, 08:56 PM
PrprLine

O contraire. You have described the beginning of a drag race. A proper line is different. But to endulge on our scenario---In a drag race, a proper line would include you being in front. Or, in the case of me racing you, me in front, and you, carrying your speed into the curb behind me.

Old 01-27-2003, 08:58 PM
vqman

**clarification**

No it wont

Only if you are bone stock and a fair driver and the nine deuce is fully modded with a good driver.

The fastest N/A so far is a 14.3 and that was with some simple mods, they can be as fast as high 13's with a good driver and all bolt ons.
I use the term "hang with" rather loosely. I know the 2k3 will beat it, but when I say "hang with it" I mean it's in the same ballpark. give or take 0.5 to 0.667 seconds 0-60.

The Jetta, on the other hand, is about 1 second off to 60. No?

loosely used the term "hang with"

-vq

Old 01-27-2003, 08:58 PM

I would have to agree with your comment that, over the aggregate, 2k2 6spd is faster than 99.5 VR6 5spd. I would however call attention to your confusion over what an aggregate is. You say that over the aggregate, ANY 2k2 max will win. The point of the aggregate, however, is that we are combining the results of all entries, and thus we can't single out "ANY" 2k2, or VR6 for that matter.

Because of that, it is this that i wonder: Does your confusion over aggregates indicate confusion over the importance of a proper racing line? Really, people. I cannot emphasize enough. A proper racing line is a BIG DEAL.

Good luck with your lines.
firstly, you somehow think my point is your own. secondly, don't argue semantics with me. but since your myopic little mind could not make the mental leap of 3 millimeters, i will do it for you.

the only one confusing the "aggregate" is you. there are two aggregates in this sense, and you're wholly ignoring one of them. i said the aggregate of "ANY" 2k2, but you think i meant the aggregate of "ALL".

i'm saying ANY GIVEN 2k2 will beat your car in the aggregate sum of races. i'm sure you will be able to find A race with A 2k2 that you can win (as you already claim) - why would i even bother to make that point? however, even the 2k2 that you supposedly beat, if you raced it 100 times, he will beat you 99 out of those 100.

and yes, you're correct when you say that you can't eliminate any single 2k2 or vr6. i'm saying that you took ANY one of those 2k2s and pit it against ANY VR6, run them a bunch of times, and there is no way the aggregate result of the races would come out in favor of the VW (both stock, obviously).

my point of contention with you isn't that i think you're lying. anything can happen on the road. but you clearly know that our CAR has at least a 1.5 second advantage in the quarter mile over your CAR. moreover, you yourself said that a race at highway speeds is not a driver's race. the way that your first post brags and derides a car that is clearly faster than yours, leads everyone here to think that the only conceivable purpose of you posting on this forum is to start trouble. you got lucky dude, just face it.
Old 01-27-2003, 09:01 PM

Hey, I can't be held accountable for your apparent interest in minimizing your speed and overall performance.
maybe your on the same hallucinogenics now as you were when racing because nowehere did i ever say what your comical post says.
Old 01-27-2003, 09:02 PM

O contraire. You have described the beginning of a drag race. A proper line is different. But to endulge on our scenario---In a drag race, a proper line would include you being in front. Or, in the case of me racing you, me in front, and you, carrying your speed into the curb behind me.
Why exactly are you here, n00b? I toast all sorts of cars all the time, but you don't see me going into (for example) BMW forums posting things like "Killed 2K2 325Ci in my Maxima". So what?? Are you proud of yourself that you beat a guy that obviously wasn't trying that hard to beat you? Go pat yourself on the back, but stop wasting our time, server space, and the money of everyone trying to keep this board from constantly being busy. Why don't you go feel good about yourself on your OWN CARS forum if that's what makes you happy. You just keep telling yourself you killed a 2K2 6spd if that's what it takes...
Old 01-27-2003, 09:02 PM
Ford Only.

PrPrLINE----->:attention

Old 01-27-2003, 09:05 PM
VQ Wizard

Proper what line? Is that like when I rev it upto 6550 RPMs and side step my clutch from a stop while in second gear only to leave two 250 foot black marks? Hey.. thats 500 feet of proper lines i guess.
Old 01-27-2003, 09:05 PM

Old 01-27-2003, 09:10 PM
PrprLine

Originally posted by Young04

firstly, you somehow think my point is your own. secondly, don't argue semantics with me. but since your myopic little mind could not make the mental leap of 3 millimeters, i will do it for you.

the only one confusing the "aggregate" is you. there are two aggregates in this sense, and you're wholly ignoring one of them. i said the aggregate of "ANY" 2k2, but you think i meant the aggregate of "ALL".

It sounds like we're on the same page. One time race. Could it happen again? Sure. Would you put 1 to 1 odds on it??? Not if you worked in vegas.

But I would again point out your misunderstanding of what an aggregate is. To refer to a single car, as in ANY, from an aggregate is incorrect. The aggregate is a summation of all the race results, in this case. You have referred to this concept as the aggregate of "ALL," which might, for example, include one race from each 2k2 and VR6 in the sample. The aggregate of "ANY" simply does not exist. Unless, you were to do say 10 races. But then, you should have referred to it as the aggregate of "n" races between two said vehicles. Is this what you intended to communicate?

Old 01-27-2003, 09:11 PM
nc00max

Proper line...right...so basically the guy was less willing to push his car around some twisties than you were. Can't blame him though, stock Maximas probably don't handle as well as a Jetta, though I don't really know. He would have really had to have been off the throttle for you to "blow him away". As far as your comment about you being in front in a drag race...you're kidding, right? My 2k auto would kill you, let alone a 2k2 6spd.