5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

SES Light issue...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 02:55 PM

SES Light issue...

I know this has been posted a million times and I apologize for revisiting the same issue but here is my story...
I have a auto 2K MAX with 44K miles. A few months ago the SES light came on and I panicked and went straight to the Stealership rather than check here first. The raped me for $100 and told me to make sure that the gas cap is tightened next time (anyone living in or near Jersey knows that you can't pump your own gas there so make sure it clicks when you tighten it).
So yesterday I pull out of my complex and drive about 2 miles when I stop at a light. I notice that the SES, Slip and TCS light are all on. I continue driving to my destination and turn it off for about an hour. When I get back in and start it only the Service Engine Soon Light is on. I have the bumper to bumper warranty but don't want to shell out another $100 so those crooks can tell me I need to replace the widshield wipers or something ridiculous.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Goss50
Old 02-08-2003, 03:38 PM

Re: SES Light issue...

Originally posted by Goss50
I know this has been posted a million times and I apologize for revisiting the same issue but here is my story...
I have a auto 2K MAX with 44K miles. A few months ago the SES light came on and I panicked and went straight to the Stealership rather than check here first. The raped me for $100 and told me to make sure that the gas cap is tightened next time (anyone living in or near Jersey knows that you can't pump your own gas there so make sure it clicks when you tighten it).
So yesterday I pull out of my complex and drive about 2 miles when I stop at a light. I notice that the SES, Slip and TCS light are all on. I continue driving to my destination and turn it off for about an hour. When I get back in and start it only the Service Engine Soon Light is on. I have the bumper to bumper warranty but don't want to shell out another $100 so those crooks can tell me I need to replace the widshield wipers or something ridiculous.
Any suggestions?
Goss50
I suggest you go somewhere like autozone, etc and have them pull the codes. Then you can find out what the problem is before bringing it to the dealer.
Old 02-08-2003, 05:10 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Re: SES Light issue...

Originally posted by Goss50
Any suggestions?
Goss50
id call the dealer and ask to speak to the manager. they should have not charged for 65-70, which is an hour labor charge. tell you already paid 100 and they did not diagnose it properly. if he blows you off, call 1-800-NISSAN1 and file a complaint.