5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

All doubts gone.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 01:15 PM

All doubts gone.

I finally got the Maxspeed, Tokico and Bomz FTSB installed. At first I had my doubts because of the cheapo price, but I am leasing and I am still not sure if I will be keeping it.
The ride is soft but very firm (it's comfortable). The steering is now on-point. I change lanes with a little more confidence and less effort than before. And to a pleasant suprise 95% of the torque steer is gone. The maxspeeds give a nice even drop (the 18's look bigger now ) and the tokico and Bomz finished off the package. The only complain I have is the back of the car still need some tightening up, but I guess a RSB and some wider rims will fix that up.

Nice
Old 02-12-2003, 01:28 PM

Re: All doubts gone.

Originally posted by nice95GLE
I finally got the Maxspeed, Tokico and Bomz FTSB installed. At first I had my doubts because of the cheapo price, but I am leasing and I am still not sure if I will be keeping it.
The ride is soft but very firm (it's comfortable). The steering is now on-point. I change lanes with a little more confidence and less effort than before. And to a pleasant suprise 95% of the torque steer is gone. The maxspeeds give a nice even drop (the 18's look bigger now ) and the tokico and Bomz finished off the package. The only complain I have is the back of the car still need some tightening up, but I guess a RSB and some wider rims will fix that up.

Nice
yes u do need the RSB to complete the work... and it will definally worth it....
Old 02-12-2003, 01:34 PM
JUVIN's ride

Where are

the pics? You know that everyone is going to want to see your ride now.

Does your car bottom out. I have 20's on mine, stock,but if I go over the train tracks fast, my tire hits what I think is the bracket that holds the fuel line.
Old 02-12-2003, 02:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: All doubts gone.

Nice
lol, i think my 18" look smaller after maxspeed
Old 02-12-2003, 02:49 PM

nice95GLE: Do you have any pics of your with the ENKEI Aegis's on???
Old 02-12-2003, 02:52 PM

Re: Re: All doubts gone.

Originally posted by BioMaxDDS
lol, i think my 18" look smaller after maxspeed
Yeah I was being sarcastic when I said the "18's look bigger". They don't look smaller but they have to go. I really like the rims that I have but the Max need some 20's. My problem is that all the 20's I've seen look ghetto. They all have these ugly designs and chrome, if it's a simple rim in chrome that's fine but these crazy designs is not me. The nice 20's that I like is $4000-$6000 w/tires (a little overkill for a Maxima).

I was thinking about 19's but I don't think it will look much different that the 18’s which doesn't look much different from 17's
Old 02-12-2003, 02:55 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: All doubts gone.

Yeah I was being sarcastic when I said the "18's look bigger". They don't look smaller but they have to go. I really like the rims that I have but the Max need some 20's. My problem is that all the 20's I've seen look ghetto. They all have these ugly designs and chrome, if it's a simple rim in chrome that's fine but these crazy designs is not me. The nice 20's that I like is $4000-$6000 w/tires (a little overkill for a Maxima).

I was thinking about 19's but I don't think it will look much different that the 18’s which doesn't look much different from 17's
ya that's what i was thinking exactly. I'm trying to convince myself not to spend anymore money to change to 19's. let's see how long i can hold this time.

btw, did you ever get your kit painted yet?
i've decided to wait 'til spring break.....in 3 weeks
Old 02-12-2003, 03:01 PM

Originally posted by clipse
nice95GLE: Do you have any pics of your with the ENKEI Aegis's on???
I don't have pics but they are some sweeeeet a** wheels (Build quality is excellence) just to small.