5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

HID's On Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 03:05 PM

HID's On Ebay

I emailed this guy for his name, address, and phone # before I bid on his auction and he will not give me the info. Kinda suspicious.

Ebay Auction
Old 02-16-2003, 03:11 PM

Anybody buy from him?

Anybody buy from him?
Old 02-16-2003, 03:20 PM

would you so freely give out your personal information like that? Why should he?

On the other hand, I agree with you that it does look shady - I can't see the tabs at all on one of the headlights because of all the junk on there. Just don't bid on it...as has been proven before there's very little we can do about this sort of stuff.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:30 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

I wouldn't give out that info either unless you win my auctions.... Those lights do look brand new.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:31 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If you look at this guy's past or current other sales, you'd see the same images have been used on all the auctions. Now, something stinks since these are not actual pics.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by NyMaxedOut
If you look at this guy's past or current other sales, you'd see the same images have been used on all the auctions. Now, something stinks since these are not actual pics.
Well, if you buy new tires from Tire Rack...they don't take new pictures of **your** tires before shipping them.

I do understand, however, being leary of any of these HID sales on ebay.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:49 PM

Originally posted by asu174
I wouldn't give out that info either unless you win my auctions.... Those lights do look brand new.
I only wanted the info so that I could talk to him on the phone and also have something to follow up on in case I don't get what I paid for. I'm not gonna buy something just based on his email.

Anybody buy from this guy?
Old 02-17-2003, 04:12 AM

Hmm... how much did most people got their 2002 headlights?

I was offered $900 from Nissan in Downtown,LA but after i saw the price on Ebay, i was very suspicious of how he can sell with such a low price?? But if there's nothing wrong with it, I would definitely purchase them..But never know until you install them... what i know for sure is that usually Complete HID kit cost around $300 as a Whole sale price and Housing Should only cost no more than $250...

One more Note:

if Nissan sells Housing and HID kit Separately, it would be So much cheaper and lot of people would save lots of Money~~~But Since they said It doesnt work that way.. Its Suck..
Old 02-17-2003, 05:17 AM
It's chrome alright...

Re: HID's On Ebay

Originally posted by jsangha
I emailed this guy for his name, address, and phone # before I bid on his auction and he will not give me the info. Kinda suspicious.

Ebay Auction
if you're suspicious, don't bid. I sell on ebay and would never give out any information, including non-ebay email, to someone unless they won.... geez, either buy them or move on.
Old 02-17-2003, 11:29 AM

Re: Re: HID's On Ebay

Originally posted by 2k2wannabe

if you're suspicious, don't bid. I sell on ebay and would never give out any information, including non-ebay email, to someone unless they won.... geez, either buy them or move on.
What are you, his sales agent?
Anyway, I've bought on ebay before and never had problems getting a phone # and talking to the person. In fact, a lot of people put their phone # on the auction.
Old 02-17-2003, 01:15 PM
It's chrome alright...

Re: Re: Re: HID's On Ebay

What are you, his sales agent?
Anyway, I've bought on ebay before and never had problems getting a phone # and talking to the person. In fact, a lot of people put their phone # on the auction.
I have nothing to do with him, but how many "there are suspicious HIDs on ebay" posts do we have to endure? Cops won't do anything, we can't do anything, you aren't going to do anything, seller isn't going to react to or return email... just turn on your alarm at night move on...

edit: and no, I would never give out a phone number. So if email communication isn't good enough, I guess that means you'll never buy from me. Oh well.
Old 02-17-2003, 02:39 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: HID's On Ebay

Originally posted by 2k2wannabe

I have nothing to do with him, but how many "there are suspicious HIDs on ebay" posts do we have to endure? Cops won't do anything, we can't do anything, you aren't going to do anything, seller isn't going to react to or return email... just turn on your alarm at night move on...

edit: and no, I would never give out a phone number. So if email communication isn't good enough, I guess that means you'll never buy from me. Oh well.
I guess you will have to endure as many as others feel like writing. You can't stop me from posting here, you don't own this website. Maybe you should ignore all postings with "HID" in their title, since you are so upset at seeing so many of these posted.

I guess I won't buy from you, and since others have been very good at giving out their phone numbers, I will just buy from them.

Cheers!
Old 02-17-2003, 05:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hmmmmmmmm

I found this site through this link:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=188809

which was in another forum, I've been reading the post on there, but it's been shut down from replying so I'll reply here.

We've all had s**t stolen from us, and when it's fresh on your mind, you want to hurt anyone you think is stealing. I had my vehicle broken into and I started pointing fingers only to find out that person or persons had nothing to do with it. I say that to say this, here in Houston there is a new junk lot with about 2,000 late model (96 and later) foreign cars, most have been abandoned from recent floods but are in excellent shape (just claim insurance and get a whole new one right?). Yeah a clip may be missing here and there, but who has time to detail in a junk yard when it's 98+ degrees outside? Also keep in mind that Police stations auction off impounded/stolen items if they can no longer be use as evidence. So it's very easy to get these HID parts cheap without stealing them, so don't go trying to ruin peoples reputation without hard core facts. So what they don't want to give you personal info, there are scammers who can use that info for their own good, so it's advised for sellers not to give that info unless they are involved in a transaction.

Personally I would not buy an HID kit on ebay, there are plenty of dealers who sell them around $375 and up these days.
Old 02-17-2003, 06:32 PM
It's chrome alright...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HID's On Ebay

I guess you will have to endure as many as others feel like writing. You can't stop me from posting here, you don't own this website. Maybe you should ignore all postings with "HID" in their title, since you are so upset at seeing so many of these posted.

I guess I won't buy from you, and since others have been very good at giving out their phone numbers, I will just buy from them.

Cheers!
I guess I will... endure and ignore...

There are hundreds of suspicious HIDs on ebay. And there are plenty of people who do legit business on ebay who would never give out a phone number to someone who hasn't won an auction.

I wasn't suggesting you stop posting here altogether, I was suggesting you start posting something useful.