5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I'm gettin a new 03!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 05:52 PM

I'm gettin a new 03!!!

Talked to my credit reporting company today- they told me that whether I buy a older used car, or lease a brand new one (say a used for $12k, or a leased for 24k)- payments will be the same- they said that it effects my credit score the same (Im currently screwing with my credit score to get it higher for my new house). SOO... IM LEASING A 2003 BABY!!! hewhehehehehehe

Soo- in order to do that tho, I need to sell my truck. Had an ad in the paper since Sunday, Autotrader since Tuesday, sign on the back window- NOT ONE PHONE CALL ON THE THING! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to sell a car- post it on certain websites? This will be my down payment money... hehehe- I can't wait!

How is the best way to sell your cars, when you guys sell them?
Thanks!
D
Old 02-20-2003, 05:57 PM

I've used bargainnews in the past.

Some people also use cars.com

Good luck.
Old 02-20-2003, 06:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Based on past history and the current state of the economy I think this a great time to buy and a bad time to sell.

First, it's tax time and that keeps people on the sidelines either till they get their refund or until they find out how screwed they are.

Second, the used car values are dropping like a rock due to new car give aways.

Third, everybody seems to think that because we are going to war we are all going to lose our jobs and start using chickens as collatoral.

Not trying to rain on your party and I hope you sell that sucker post haste. Either way sooner or later you'll sell it and have your car....and a good choice I might add.....
Old 02-20-2003, 07:16 PM

why not buy?

a lease you are basically throwing your money away.
-if you buy at least you can eventually own it or sell it and possibly break even.(with a max you should be able to break even)

just my .02 -i don't know your situation , sometimes leases can work for you. just be careful of all the hidden fees that a lease can have when you are ready to turn it in. make sure you do your homework on it. don't sleep on them, cuz they are betting you will!

good way to boost credit is to pay something off in a timely manner and NEVER be LATE on the payments
-and get rid of all credit cards,but 1 or 2. basically minimize the amount of debt you can get into.

you may already know this info ,but just thought i would share

good luck!
Old 02-20-2003, 07:38 PM

Re: why not buy?

Ive gone back and forth on this debate- honestly, the payments are too high for me to purchase- unless I purchase used. I cant seem to find what I want used- and, the payments will be the same as if I lease. I can always buy out and sell before the lease is up. Ive checked out the values, and it seems to be that the Maxima holds value well- I should be able to get what is owed on the lease in a few years time. Plus, there's tax benefits for leasing- since I own my own business. I guess if I could find a used Maxima that I want for low miles and a decent price, I will purchase. I mainly need to sell the truck so I can payoff some of these damn credit cards! LOL...
Thanks
D
Old 02-20-2003, 07:41 PM
Banned

Re: Re: why not buy?

Originally posted by eyal8r
Ive gone back and forth on this debate- honestly, the payments are too high for me to purchase- unless I purchase used. I cant seem to find what I want used- and, the payments will be the same as if I lease. I can always buy out and sell before the lease is up. Ive checked out the values, and it seems to be that the Maxima holds value well- I should be able to get what is owed on the lease in a few years time. Plus, there's tax benefits for leasing- since I own my own business. I guess if I could find a used Maxima that I want for low miles and a decent price, I will purchase. I mainly need to sell the truck so I can payoff some of these damn credit cards! LOL...
Thanks
D
Couple of things here. First, you don't want to buy out the lease, trust me. You'll get ripped a new one by the dealership. I think most people that lease do NOT end up buying it out simply because it doesn't make sense financially. Second, Maximas tend to NOT hold their value that well, as compared to Accords for example. This would give a little more merit to the leasing option, but personally, I would never get into a lease unless I had incentives (i.e. business write-offs, or something similar).
Old 02-20-2003, 09:03 PM

Re: Re: Re: why not buy?

Hmmm- yeah, either way it comes down to selling my truck first. Which, I might just end up buying a used vehicle if thats the case... LOL... oh the debate moves on...
D
Old 02-20-2003, 10:19 PM

Re: Re: why not buy?

Ive checked out the values, and it seems to be that the Maxima holds value well- I should be able to get what is owed on the lease in a few years time.
Have you really checked the values? People complain all the time here that the Maxima trade-in values are terrible.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:44 PM

leave a bimmer! or an A4
Old 02-20-2003, 11:49 PM

Re: I'm gettin a new 03!!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by eyal8r
[B]Talked to my credit reporting company today- they told me that whether I buy a older used car, or lease a brand new one (say a used for $12k, or a leased for 24k)- payments will be the same- they said that it effects my credit score the same (Im currently screwing with my credit score to get it higher for my new house). SOO... IM LEASING A 2003 BABY!!! hewhehehehehehe

I don't know who you spoke to about this but the info is incorrect..I have specialized in credit repair and scoring for the last four years and I can let you know about credit scores. The monthly payment affects your score but so does the total amount of debt owed. So if you owe 12K with say a $300? payment and you lease for 24K with a $300? payment the credit reports will show the same low payment but the total owed will show much more on the lease. So this will affect your score...I can go into further detail if you want to shoot me out an email!
Old 02-21-2003, 06:13 AM

Re: Re: I'm gettin a new 03!!!

they also look at the amount owed to the maximum limit. not good to have them too high. and what the guy before me said is correct. they look at the total amount owed, not just the total monthly.
Old 02-21-2003, 09:39 AM
lcf

Re: Re: I'm gettin a new 03!!!

Originally posted by black2kmax
Talked to my credit reporting company today- they told me that whether I buy a older used car, or lease a brand new one (say a used for $12k, or a leased for 24k)- payments will be the same- they said that it effects my credit score the same (Im currently screwing with my credit score to get it higher for my new house). SOO... IM LEASING A 2003 BABY!!! hewhehehehehehe

I don't know who you spoke to about this but the info is incorrect..I have specialized in credit repair and scoring for the last four years and I can let you know about credit scores. The monthly payment affects your score but so does the total amount of debt owed. So if you owe 12K with say a $300? payment and you lease for 24K with a $300? payment the credit reports will show the same low payment but the total owed will show much more on the lease. So this will affect your score...I can go into further detail if you want to shoot me out an email!
You work at ConsumersFirst?

BTW, his information is correct. Total debt is also a critera in coming up with your FICO.
Old 02-21-2003, 11:32 AM

Re: Re: Re: I'm gettin a new 03!!!

[/B][/QUOTE]You work at ConsumersFirst?

BTW, his information is correct. Total debt is also a critera in coming up with your FICO. [/B][/QUOTE]

No, I don't work for Consumers First? They are local here in Utah though, I was working for the Lexington Law Firm which is the nations leader in credit repair.
Old 02-21-2003, 02:39 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm gettin a new 03!!!

Hey black2kmax, I tried emailing you via this site but Im not sure you got it. Can you shoot me an email, or gimme your address? I have some credit questions for you, and am desperate to figure it out.
THANKS A TON!
D
Old 02-21-2003, 05:00 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm gettin a new 03!!!

my email is pbrucks@hotmail.com