5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

race w/ riced out integra...long but worth it

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2001, 01:38 AM

i was driving over to my friends house to do my oil change w/ my mobil 1 (first synthetic treatment) and my other friend in his saturn is following me...i have 1 friend in my car...before i'm about to turn onto his street, i see a lowered integra in my rearview w/ a carbon fiber hood...i decide not to turn because i knew in about a mile that road got much less trafficy (is that a word?) when this integra pulls up at a light, i look in my side mirror and guess what i see...an intercooler...so i know he has a turbo and intercooler...then he pulls ahead and i see his exhaust...so i get stuck in traffic and this integra is in a different lane and gets pretty far ahead of me...finally i get an open road in the right lane and gun it (he is about 1/4 mile away from me because i got stuck in traffic)...he sees that i finally got a straightaway so he pulls into the right lane (only open lane) and he guns it...i now know he has nitrous because he has some white smoke coming out of his exhaust at certain intervals...i catch upto him and he downshifts...i have to press on my brakes fairly hard and then he guns it (since i was braking...he was probably going about 20 mph more than i was when he started gunning it)...so he sticks his hand out of his window and waves...i gun it and the lead that he had stays about even...he gains a little ground but not much...then he got stuck behind someone and i passed him...he had his window down when i passed him and i saw his boost controller...i slowed down a little (only 5 over the speed limit) so he could catch up...he catches up, passes me, and puts on his hazards...wtf? so of course i do the same thing to him once he gets stuck in traffic...pull in front of him and put on my hazards...after i do this he turned...i was extremely impressed w/ my car considering this integra had a turbo, intercooler, nitrous, exhaust, boost guage, carbon fiber hood, and probably some other stuff done to it...i count it as a loss, but if i see this guy again once i do a couple more things...can't wait to race him again...if i didn't have my 200lb. system or my 150lb. friend in the car, i probably would have stood a much better chance...but i'm not *****ing...he won..but i was very impressed w/ my car...if you check my losses list on my webpage (haven't updated for awhile but will soon) i don't lose too often...can't wait to go to the track sometime
Old 01-13-2001, 08:33 AM

nice

But it sounds like the driver of the Integra can't drive.