5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I Got The Tsb Ecu Upgrade Done Today

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 09:02 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I Got The Tsb Ecu Upgrade Done Today

I brought my '03 into my local Nissan Dealership in Selinsgrove, PA. THe people were very nice but very confused. They bought my vin number into the computer and searched for ECU updates and found nothing. I continued to tell them it existed. Then they found it. It is not a regular ECU update, and therefore is not listed as one. I had to tell them the tsb number to give them something to search for ending in 022.
My maxima did not require the MAF and they just did the update which took about 30 minutes.
The drive home (about ten miles on 2 lane highway) was very nice. in 3rd gear and 4th Gear you really feel this update at work. It really punches. I am pretty sure it simply puts more air in at low rpms. I felt more power in the low band, but that could just because I wasn't looking at watch waiting for the car to decide to go.
Thanks guys for bringing it to my attention ->
Old 03-20-2003, 09:04 AM

Old 03-20-2003, 10:59 AM
KTM

Did you have the hesitation before that you could feel?

Is it now gone?

Any change to low-speed, throttle "on-off" sensitivity? Wondering if it can help that issue also.
Old 03-20-2003, 12:05 PM

Originally posted by KTM
Did you have the hesitation before that you could feel?

Is it now gone?

Any change to low-speed, throttle "on-off" sensitivity? Wondering if it can help that issue also.
I had the hesitation in my car. It has been reduced from a few seconds to about a tenth of a second. Throttle kicks in harder at low speeds or maybe I was testing it too hard...
Old 03-20-2003, 12:10 PM

nice to hear a good story
Old 03-20-2003, 12:56 PM

Re: I Got The Tsb Ecu Upgrade Done Today

Originally posted by number2jcb
I brought my '03 into my local Nissan Dealership in Selinsgrove, PA. THe people were very nice but very confused. They bought my vin number into the computer and searched for ECU updates and found nothing. I continued to tell them it existed. Then they found it. It is not a regular ECU update, and therefore is not listed as one. I had to tell them the tsb number to give them something to search for ending in 022.
My maxima did not require the MAF and they just did the update which took about 30 minutes.
The drive home (about ten miles on 2 lane highway) was very nice. in 3rd gear and 4th Gear you really feel this update at work. It really punches. I am pretty sure it simply puts more air in at low rpms. I felt more power in the low band, but that could just because I wasn't looking at watch waiting for the car to decide to go.
I have an 03 Maxima and this is the first I have heard about this ECU Upgrade can someone let me know where I can find more information on this topic? Thanks
Old 03-20-2003, 12:57 PM

Re: Re: I Got The Tsb Ecu Upgrade Done Today

Originally posted by 03_Silvr_Streak

I have an 03 Maxima and this is the first I have heard about this ECU Upgrade can someone let me know where I can find more information on this topic? Thanks
This thread
Old 03-20-2003, 01:02 PM

Re: Re: Re: I Got The Tsb Ecu Upgrade Done Today

Originally posted by Kojiro_FtT
This thread
Thanks!!
Old 03-20-2003, 01:14 PM

Re: I Got The Tsb Ecu Upgrade Done Today

Originally posted by number2jcb
hey, do you know if 2k2 autos are covered? i get hesitation too. in addition, at highway speeds, if i let off the throttle and then reapply (under normal driving conditions), the cars seems to clunk almost. some sort of hesitation. did you have this problem before, and if so, did the upgrade take care of that?
Old 03-20-2003, 01:23 PM

Re: Re: I Got The Tsb Ecu Upgrade Done Today

Originally posted by Young04

hey, do you know if 2k2 autos are covered? i get hesitation too. in addition, at highway speeds, if i let off the throttle and then reapply (under normal driving conditions), the cars seems to clunk almost. some sort of hesitation. did you have this problem before, and if so, did the upgrade take care of that?
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....5&pagenumber=5

this has the TSB number -- i'm going next oil change!

ARFF