5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2000 color code

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 07:59 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2000 color code

I am about to buy a spoiler for my 2000 maxima, but i cant find the color code on the left door jam. I found the vin number. Is the color code part of the vin? I bought the car used and am unsure of the exact color. Anybody here ever bought a spoiler from spoilerdepot.com? They seem to have the best price.

Thanks alot,
Jason
Old 04-16-2003, 08:05 PM
Pele ain't got nothing on me

Re: 2000 color code

Originally posted by jasong
I am about to buy a spoiler for my 2000 maxima, but i cant find the color code on the left door jam. I found the vin number. Is the color code part of the vin? I bought the car used and am unsure of the exact color. Anybody here ever bought a spoiler from spoilerdepot.com? They seem to have the best price.

Thanks alot,
Jason
Look under the hood. The color code is on the metal plate towards the back.
Old 04-16-2003, 08:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks alot 2K2DEMAX, I really appreciate the fast reply.
Old 04-16-2003, 08:11 PM

Re: 2000 color code

Originally posted by jasong

Thanks alot,
Jason
Ebay has pretty good deals on painted spoilers too. BTW hot much are we expected to pay for the installation? Anyone knows?
Old 04-16-2003, 11:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: 2000 color code

Originally posted by hcn101

Ebay has pretty good deals on painted spoilers too. BTW hot much are we expected to pay for the installation? Anyone knows?
Depends if its just the spoiler or the whole thing. I had the entire bodykit painted and installed for $300.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:26 AM

Re: Re: Re: 2000 color code

Good luck w/ the code! When I had my 2k in for a spoiler which cost $25 painted and installed my paint code was in japonese! It sucked so i had to have the paint matched to my gas cap... Perfect match, I guess black inst to hard.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:52 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

guys, thanks alot for the help. I finally found it(EV0). Is the installation of a spoiler difficult? I had planned to do it myself if it wasn't to difficult.
Old 04-17-2003, 11:29 AM

Dead easy.. All you need are 3 things... a 40 lb sledge, 1 high power ripsaw and 20meters of duct tape! Mine looks awesome!
Old 04-17-2003, 12:24 PM

Originally posted by Phoenix1911
Dead easy.. All you need are 3 things... a 40 lb sledge, 1 high power ripsaw and 20meters of duct tape! Mine looks awesome!
Why are you trying to confuse him? You dont need a sledge hammer nor 20meters of duct tape...

...a 20 lbs sledge hammer some superglue and 15 meters of duct tape do just fine.

Old 04-17-2003, 01:18 PM
BiggD23

I had the same problem with my 2k, couldn't find the paint code anywhere. The guy at the dealership had to show me where it was (under the hood).

Now...if only the QT1 Nissan touch-up paint matched the original Nissan QT1 paint we'd be in business!

Old 04-17-2003, 05:09 PM

I got my spoiler from Spoiler Depot and the job only took me about 2 hours to put it on. I think most of the time was spent working up the courage to drill the 7 holes in the trunk lid. 2 holes each on the pillars and an extra hole in the center pillar for the brake wire. If you are lucky your trunk lid is already wired for the spoiler light. Just remove the trunk lid lining and the wire should be hanging there. If not then you are going to have to run the wire down the trunk hinge and into some access to get to the brake light wire. Mine was already prewired. Someone here might have a better idea if the trunk lid is not prewired. Be careful where you position the spoiler to drill the holes, as there is not much room for error. The ½” lip on the edge of the trunk lid gets one of the screws on both sides and the other screw is centered on the opening in the doublewall that has a rubber plug on both sides. The other three hole are in the center. I just took some measurements from an OEM installed spoiler at the dealership and positioned mine the same and it worked out just fine. You get some special pointed set screws that help line up the screwholes in the spoiler to a position on the trunk lid where you will want to drill. The spoiler is an exact match to OEM and the paint job was also perfect. Just take your time and read the instructions and it will work out just fine for you. Hope this helps

Richard
Old 04-17-2003, 06:30 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Richard,
Thanks a million for all the details man. I will check to see if my car has a prewired trunk lid tomorrow. I hope it does. Do the instructions give a measurement diagram for drilling the holes? My closest dealership is about 110 miles away. Not really an option to go measure, if you know what i mean. If the instructions dont say, could you give me your measurements and i'll just drill my holes where you did.

thanks again,
Jason
Old 04-17-2003, 07:57 PM

Centering the spoiler left and right is pretty strait forward. Just line the center pillar up with the Nissan emblem on the trunk lid. Then check the ends of the spoiler for correct alignment over the side of the trunk lid. To get a good alignment fore and aft I took a measurement from the pointed end of the spoiler to the pointed corner of the trunk lid next to the rear window. That measurement came out to 11 1/8 inch. This will align the back end of the spoiler directly over the back part of the trunk lid. The important thing is make sure that one of the screw holes that you drill on each end for the spoiler passes through the lid at the location where the knockout rubber plug is on the underside of the lid. That’s the only place where you can screw the spoiler to the trunk lid through the double wall sections of the lid. The instructions that come with the spoiler will take you from here – Good luck - Take your time and you will appreciate how much better the rear end looks after the job is done.