5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Do you always get a rental

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 07:56 PM
trey

Do you always get a rental

when your car is being worked on? or just when there is one available?

Old 04-21-2003, 08:05 PM
Got Projectors?

Re: Do you always get a rental

Originally posted by trey
when your car is being worked on? or just when there is one available?
Get a loaner for any warranty work, oil change, anything for as long as I need it.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:27 PM
trey

The loner is free correct?

Old 04-21-2003, 08:30 PM
jjs

The loner is free correct?
Like I have said elsewhere...the concept of a 'free loaner' with Infiniti is a misconception. Those 'free loaners' are paid for in advance with the higher cost of an Infiniti vs a Nissan.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:34 PM
trey

Originally posted by jjs

Like I have said elsewhere...the concept of a 'free loaner' with Infiniti is a misconception. Those 'free loaners' are paid for in advance with the higher cost of an Infiniti vs a Nissan.
ooook, so is my loaner with NISSAN going to be free?

Old 04-21-2003, 08:36 PM
jjs

What part of this are you not getting?? There is NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LOANER. Those with 'free' loaners are typically car makes which cost more from the get go.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:36 PM

if you can manage to get one...even with Nissan's flagship, I still don't get a loner
Old 04-21-2003, 08:39 PM
trey

Originally posted by thrasher

if you can manage to get one...even with Nissan's flagship, I still don't get a loner
well i just noticed that your talking about infiniti not nissan.

hmm, i under the impression that is was going to be free, daaaamn, looks like i'm riding my bike

Old 04-21-2003, 08:45 PM
trey

how much does it cost?

Old 04-21-2003, 08:46 PM
jjs

how much does it cost?
How much does what cost? The rental? Depends on what you want to rent.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:51 PM
trey

Originally posted by jjs

How much does what cost? The rental? Depends on what you want to rent.

No a lap dance at the nissan dealer ahah. yeah rental, are the rates about the same as enterprise or any car rental place?

Old 04-21-2003, 08:55 PM

No a lap dance at the nissan dealer ahah. yeah rental, are the rates about the same as enterprise or any car rental place?

rentals at the dealer don't come from the dealer. most will call a local rental outfit for you, some have deals with em for special rates. if the dealer doesn't have loaners, they're not going to get into the quagmire of rental liabilities/insurance/overhead....
Old 04-21-2003, 09:28 PM

Originally posted by serin

rentals at the dealer don't come from the dealer. most will call a local rental outfit for you, some have deals with em for special rates. if the dealer doesn't have loaners, they're not going to get into the quagmire of rental liabilities/insurance/overhead....

Nissan dealerships never give free loaners unless the manager is your uncle. I have been to 3 dealerships and am talking from experience. Neither do they give you a free car wash unless you are in for a body job, which they usually receive a hefty profit. On the other hand, sometimes I would get a free loaner from my neighborhood mechanic's garage for running a quick nearby errand (I have used him for oil changes for over ten years and he knows me).
Old 04-21-2003, 10:15 PM

actually.. my old dealership where we got our 96 Max offer free loaner car.. given it's not the best car in the world.. it's still free when you have major work done... I took one out... forgot what car it was... for about 3 days.. cuz they were repainting my trunk.
Old 04-21-2003, 10:35 PM

Originally posted by kenny

Nissan dealerships never give free loaners unless the manager is your uncle. I have been to 3 dealerships and am talking from experience. Neither do they give you a free car wash unless you are in for a body job, which they usually receive a hefty profit. On the other hand, sometimes I would get a free loaner from my neighborhood mechanic's garage for running a quick nearby errand (I have used him for oil changes for over ten years and he knows me).
Then that makes me wish I could take my Max to the Honda dealer I used to go to. I would be tempted to do it for oil changes but it'd be too embarrasing They'd give me a free car wash with just an oil change and a free rental with pretty much anything that took more than an hour or two. And if you had major work done like a timing belt replacement they would give a free oil change on top. Its enough to almost make me miss my Accord...until I remember the glaring lack of power on the highway

How the fark do the Nissan dealers get away with such crappy service anyways? I guess is that the difference is a lot of Nissan owners love their cars so much that they'll put up with this kind of stuff, whereas if it was a Honda or Toyota dealer they'd probably want to switch brands.
Old 04-22-2003, 07:14 AM
BiggD23

It's not just Nissan dealerships though, every dealership is the same way. Sure, you'll find the occasional one that goes out of their way to give great customer service (friendly and knowledgable service people, free rentals, free car wash, etc) but that's the exception not the rule. So when you find one like that stay with them! My last car was a 2001 Grand Am, leased from a dealership that sells Pontiacs, GMCs, Buicks, Nissans and Hondas I think. The concept of a free anything to them was like speaking German. Even when I had to bring the car back a 2nd time to fix a problem that they didn't fix the first time I had to argue to get a free rental.

Old 04-23-2003, 08:36 PM
trey

Originally posted by BiggD23
It's not just Nissan dealerships though, every dealership is the same way. Sure, you'll find the occasional one that goes out of their way to give great customer service (friendly and knowledgable service people, free rentals, free car wash, etc) but that's the exception not the rule. So when you find one like that stay with them! My last car was a 2001 Grand Am, leased from a dealership that sells Pontiacs, GMCs, Buicks, Nissans and Hondas I think. The concept of a free anything to them was like speaking German. Even when I had to bring the car back a 2nd time to fix a problem that they didn't fix the first time I had to argue to get a free rental.
Wow guys! a got a free loaner today from my dealer. Guess it pays to be nice and friendly to them.

Old 04-25-2003, 07:48 PM

Wow guys! a got a free loaner today from my dealer. Guess it pays to be nice and friendly to them.
I get coupons in the mail all the time from the Nissan dealer. One of them is usually a free loaner with 30/60/90 service or some other major service. But then there's also a 10% off coupon which I use instead of the free rental.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:11 PM

I'm kind of curious about that myself. I didn't actually buy from a local dealer, I drove about an hour to save over $1,000 when I bought my car. The dealership I will take it to for service will be the one I didn't buy the car from. Hey, if they didn't stuff that 'we have a no haggle policy' BS in my face everytime I tried to talk to them I may have bought the friggin' car from them in the first place. LET THAT BE A LESSON TO YOU MOSSY NISSAN!!!

I can't wait to see what their service department is like. Probably tell me that I need to pay an extra $40 to have the chassis bolts tightened or that if I want them to inspect the brakes while they do a tire rotation that it will cost an extra $20 (these are all things my local Toyota dealership told me when I brought my last vehicle in for service). At least I always got a free wash when I took the Toyota in for service.

My wife always gets a free loaner from the BMW dealership whenever we take her car in and we bought it used and it has 100k miles on it now!!!
Old 04-25-2003, 10:41 PM
trey

yeah my dealer made sure that i bought the car with them first before giving me the loaner. sweeeeeet deal though, the loaner was a kia sh*t box with a radio that only played for 5 mins then it shutoff, i had to keep shutting off the car at stoplights to reset it ahah.