5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Rear Wheel Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 02:26 PM

Rear Wheel Spacers

I need to know what size wheel spacers are good for the rear wheels?? Also what is a good place to buy them at?? I would use search but it don't work for me.. Thanks in advance..
Old 05-19-2003, 02:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Old 05-19-2003, 02:40 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Old 05-19-2003, 03:05 PM

Is it crappy editing or do I see the passenger side headlight out before the first crash then back in when it gets run over?
Old 05-19-2003, 03:08 PM

haha i stared at for like a minute... I can't tell LMFAO
Old 05-19-2003, 03:11 PM

lol your right. guess they didn't think anyone would be paying attention to a FORD!
Old 05-19-2003, 04:19 PM

Originally posted by iLLin-2k1
I insist you post more pictures of your car! Merlot is the sh** after Majestic blue...
Old 05-19-2003, 05:00 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Originally posted by perrymaxima

Merlot is the sh** after Majestic blue...
Old 05-19-2003, 05:18 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Re: Rear Wheel Spacers

Originally posted by y2KAOSMax
I need to know what size wheel spacers are good for the rear wheels?? Also what is a good place to buy them at?? I would use search but it don't work for me.. Thanks in advance..
im not sure what size but tirerack sells h&r spacers. also on your homepage, you may want to change the model of the car on page 3.
Old 05-20-2003, 04:49 AM

If you are keeping the stock 17" rims, go with the 20mm rear spacers. You can find them at www.ecstuning.com. I have the 20s and they look great. You do have to press in new wheel studs by the way. Not a hard job if you have some mechanical skills.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:14 AM

Originally posted by RichK
If you are keeping the stock 17" rims, go with the 20mm rear spacers. You can find them at www.ecstuning.com. I have the 20s and they look great. You do have to press in new wheel studs by the way. Not a hard job if you have some mechanical skills.
I currently have 18's... I plan on getting 19's soon.. I not sure what the offset is on my rims.. But I will check out that site.. Where can I get new studs at? And thanks for your help..
Old 05-20-2003, 06:16 AM
NT2SHBBY

and I'm guessing by using wheel spacers, you guys want that RWD american muscle car look??

Old 05-20-2003, 06:43 AM

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY
and I'm guessing by using wheel spacers, you guys want that RWD american muscle car look??
No.. The back wheels are in towards the car more than the front.. If you look at the car from the backside forward you'll be able to see it.. Not sure about the 2k2-2k3's but it is on mine..
Old 05-20-2003, 06:44 AM
Old Timer

I think it sounds awesome. Only thing is..... With my drop, and some of these steep driveways and stuff..... Cutting a rear tire.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:48 AM
NT2SHBBY

Originally posted by y2KAOSMax

No.. The back wheels are in towards the car more than the front.. If you look at the car from the backside forward you'll be able to see it.. Not sure about the 2k2-2k3's but it is on mine..
I don't see that on mine....I like my tucked look...

Old 05-20-2003, 09:35 AM

I've noticed that they have been out of stock for a while now, does anyone have any idea on when they may be available? I've been looking to do this mod for a while now, but juts can't find the spacers.

NT2SHBBY
As for their need, well, its always personal preference, but the body flares out in the rear making it look like the wheels are pushed in. Persoanlly, I don't like it. I want a more BMW look where all the wheels are equidistant from the edge of the wheel well. I don't mean to be short here, but unless you have something to contribute, you probably shouldn't say anything. That of course goes for everyone here. Everyone is going to do there thing, plain and simple. If you don't like it, either keep silent or simply indicate that it isn't the choice for you. There is no need to throw half insults around like those who want spacers are idiots for wanting American car looks, which isn't even accurate for most of us anyway. That is all.
Old 05-20-2003, 10:09 AM

Originally posted by RichK
Do you have any pics of you car with the wheel spacers installed?
Old 05-20-2003, 10:20 AM
NT2SHBBY

Originally posted by Y2K2Driver
I don't mean to be short here, but unless you have something to contribute, you probably shouldn't say anything. That of course goes for everyone here. Everyone is going to do there thing, plain and simple. If you don't like it, either keep silent or simply indicate that it isn't the choice for you. There is no need to throw half insults around like those who want spacers are idiots for wanting American car looks, which isn't even accurate for most of us anyway. That is all.
First of all....did I say anywhere that they were idiots for doing this to their cars? NO!! I did not...if I did, quote me... I never insulted anyone I just said apparently these people like the RWD american muscle car look.....

your intelligence is staggering ....get a different hobby, besides misquoting people

Old 05-20-2003, 11:13 AM

Alright I will quote you. Are you meaning to say that & are your way of saying "good idea". I think not, more likely sarcasm, especially since you use it in you reply to my post, now that is staggering. If you left out the emoticons I probably wouldn't have interpreted it negatively, but you did and therefore I did. This is all really a deviation of my original complaint, that being that you haven't really contributed to this thread with either an honest inquery or answer. You're post whoring and that annoys me b/c it distracts from the purpose of the thread and clogs the server with useless data. A server, I might add, that is already under pressure to perform even adequately. Therefore, as you can plainly see, my reason for complaining is valid, or at least more valid than your post, which I am willing to settle on. In any case, I will go against your highly respected advice and stick with cars as one of many hobbies of mine. Thanks for the input though. (take that any which way you would like)

Back on track, RichK, can you post some pictures of your ride with the 20mm spacers. I believe I asked once before, but never got an answer. I'm really looking for pictures of what spacers look like in just the rear. I've seen a few with spacers all around, but those have not given me the information I need. Thanks.
Old 05-20-2003, 11:37 AM
NT2SHBBY

You're post whoring and that annoys me b/c it distracts from the purpose of the thread and clogs the server with useless data. A server, I might add, that is already under pressure to perform even adequately. Therefore, as you can plainly see, my reason for complaining is valid, or at least more valid than your post, which I am willing to settle on. In any case, I will go against your highly respected advice and stick with cars as one of many hobbies of mine. Thanks for the input though. (take that any which way you would like)
hmmm....last time I checked you weren't a moderator and you're not a donator...so let's see...if you aren't part of the solution, you must be part of the problem....

Instead of whining like the little b!tch that you are, donate a couple bux tough guy to help the board out.... Until then,

Old 05-20-2003, 12:13 PM

hmmm....last time I checked you weren't a moderator and you're not a donator...so let's see...if you aren't part of the solution, you must be part of the problem....

Instead of whining like the little b!tch that you are, donate a couple bux tough guy to help the board out.... Until then,
If I had any respect for you before, it is certainly gone now. Cursing and name calling, as opposed to a well articulated thought, only reveal your true ignorance. You'd be best to keep silent from now on. I've seen your posts and more often than not they constitute garbage. I've also seen that you have a propensity to aggravate others, probably due to your willingness to curse and name call instead of thinking and acting intelligently. Whatever the case may be, this thread is not the first, nor will it be last I presume, that you speak when you should listen. Only you know for sure what you were thinking, but the manner in which you represented that thought hinted at sarcasm, which was uncalled for. Take responsibility for your actions instead of going off on those who pick them out. It shows a lack of maturity that you are unwilling to do so.
I don't believe one has to be a moderator or even a donator, to be critical of how other users use this site. Post whoring clogs the server, no question about it. Additionally, being a donating member doesn't give you carte blanche on these forums. As a user of the site, I have an obligation to do my part in preventing post whoring, hence my initial reaction to your post which did not contribute to the discussion at hand. I don't know how much more clearly I need to define my position, but if need be, I will.
If it makes you feel better, you can throw some slurs my way, but I will not respond to those.

Again, back to the original topic, if any one has pics of wheel spacers on the rear or knows of a store which has them in stock, please post. Thanks again.
Old 05-20-2003, 12:17 PM
NT2SHBBY

If I had any respect for you before, it is certainly gone now. Cursing and name calling, as opposed to a well articulated thought, only reveal your true ignorance. You'd be best to keep silent from now on. I've seen your posts and more often than not they constitute garbage. I've also seen that you have a propensity to aggravate others, probably due to your willingness to curse and name call instead of thinking and acting intelligently. Whatever the case may be, this thread is not the first, nor will it be last I presume, that you speak when you should listen. Only you know for sure what you were thinking, but the manner in which you represented that thought hinted at sarcasm, which was uncalled for. Take responsibility for your actions instead of going off on those who pick them out. It shows a lack of maturity that you are unwilling to do so.
I don't believe one has to be a moderator or even a donator, to be critical of how other users use this site. Post whoring clogs the server, no question about it. Additionally, being a donating member doesn't give you carte blanche on these forums. As a user of the site, I have an obligation to do my part in preventing post whoring, hence my initial reaction to your post which did not contribute to the discussion at hand. I don't know how much more clearly I need to define my position, but if need be, I will.
If it makes you feel better, you can throw some slurs my way, but I will not respond to those.

Again, back to the original topic, if any one has pics of wheel spacers on the rear or knows of a store which has them in stock, please post. Thanks again.

Old 05-20-2003, 12:34 PM

Exactly the response I expected from my intellectual, economic, and social inferior.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:35 PM

Not to add to the whoring or pick sides, but this was a very well written response. You must be an old man like me

Back to the thread...I want to see pics of the spacers...front AND rear too!
Old 05-21-2003, 02:48 AM
I miss the .org!

I've got 5mm H&R spacers on my rear wheels. I notice the difference, most people wouldn't. I am using my stock bolts, b/c it's not thick enough to require new ones. I would go with H&R's, b/c they are hubcentric. STAY AWAY from the ones that aren't!
Old 05-21-2003, 06:33 AM

Originally posted by Triple8Sol
I've got 5mm H&R spacers on my rear wheels. I notice the difference, most people wouldn't. I am using my stock bolts, b/c it's not thick enough to require new ones. I would go with H&R's, b/c they are hubcentric. STAY AWAY from the ones that aren't!
Do you have any side view pictures?? I checked your homepage but didn't see any...